New sale of team thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Came accross this article. Don't know if this is a real possoblity or not? http://www.sportingn...-trump-golisano

That article seems to be very misinformed and inaccurate.

Fairly certain "One pegula would need to own the sabres, and the other pegula would need to own the bills" isn't accurate.

Or "f the NFL didn’t try to stop the Bills from playing games in Toronto for the past six years (there won’t be a Bills game played in Toronto this year), the league has little legal ground to stop the team from moving to Toronto. "

Didn't read the rest of it because of the above.

Edited by What a Tuel

That article seems to be very misinformed and inaccurate.

Fairly certain "One pegula would need to own the sabres, and the other pegula would need to own the bills" isn't accurrate.

Or "f the NFL didn’t try to stop the Bills from playing games in Toronto for the past six years (there won’t be a Bills game played in Toronto this year), the league has little legal ground to stop the team from moving to Toronto. "

Didn't read the rest of it because of the above.

You are correct. Terry Pegula can own both because they are in the same market.

I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed, but I'm not sifting through 27 pages.

Is it possible that Ralph made his wishes known to those with rejection power to keep the Bills in Buffalo ... AND that the NFL asked Ralph permission to "accept" bids from buyers interested in bringing a team to Toronto, just so the NFL could see who/how many are serious about ponying up the necessary money to put a team in Toronto?

Why can't there be a team in Toronto AND the Buffalo Bills? This would be a good way for the NFL to see who the potential buyers are and the Ralph Wilson Estate can just say, "thanks, but no merci" to the JBJs of the world.

I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed, but I'm not sifting through 27 pages.

Is it possible that Ralph made his wishes known to those with rejection power to keep the Bills in Buffalo ... AND that the NFL asked Ralph permission to "accept" bids from buyers interested in bringing a team to Toronto, just so the NFL could see who/how many are serious about ponying up the necessary money to put a team in Toronto?

Why can't there be a team in Toronto AND the Buffalo Bills? This would be a good way for the NFL to see who the potential buyers are and the Ralph Wilson Estate can just say, "thanks, but no merci" to the JBJs of the world.

Uhh, because they would pull fans from the Southern Ontario region which has surpassed Rochester as 2nd leading market for fans after Buffalo

If it is just pure folly like that, it really would be unfair to Pegula for several groups to be upping the bidding without any chance of being awarded the franchise. I can see it if there is just one, who genuinely wants the team (the JBJ group) bidding even if there is not a chance in hell of being awarded it, therefore the NFL and the Trust gets a little more money out of Pegula.

I don't see it as being reasonable if there are 3-5 bidders in there who are not really players just to gauge interest and jack the price up substantially for nefarious reasons.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

NFLRadio just reported Donald Trump & the Pegula's have "advanced" in the sale of the team. I have no idea what this entails or if others have 'advanced' and weren't mentioned, though one name in particular was conspicuous by its absence.

The announcement certainly infers the process continues to move forward to conclusion.

Maybe I'm speaking for myself but if Toronto got an NFL team it wouldnt change my support or anything.

I am a Bills fan through and through and I think that any real Bills fan in South Western Ontario would agree with me in saying that they would still be a Bills fan first.

I dont think Canadians are Bills fans because it's convienient and the team is close, I think they are Bills fans because they have a connection to the team and care about the franchise.

Again, maybe it's just me but if Toronto got an NFL team, to me it would be the same as any other city getting an NFL team.

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

Maybe I'm speaking for myself but if Toronto got an NFL team it wouldnt change my support or anything.

I am a Bills fan through and through and I think that any real Bills fan in South Western Ontario would agree with me in saying that they would still be a Bills fan first.

I dont think Canadians are Bills fans because it's convienient and the team is close, I think they are Bills fans because they have a connection to the team and care about the franchise.

Again, maybe it's just me but if Toronto got an NFL team, to me it would be the same as any other city getting an NFL team.

CBF

Thanks, CBF, and I agree that most Bills fans (not all of course) in Southern Ontario, especially those that attend the games regularly or are season ticket holders, would feel the same way.