New sale of team thread

I'm guessing here. Kansas City, Atlanta, Houston, Detroit, Seattle, Chicago, Carolina could surprise me, . I doubt Jacksonville has our back and I really doubt Minnesota does with the battles they've had getting a stadium and threats they've made of late

KC is still owned by the Hunts

ATL - Arthur Blank seems like a stand-up guy just a guy feeling

HOU - just a guess based on history

DET - putting a team actually IN Canada hurts their best interests and threatens their cross border traffic

SEA - Allen has enough money and seems to run a very fan centered organization

CHI - Still owned by the McCaskeys

CAR - Jerry Richardson also seems like a stand-up sort of guy and he has a similar succession issue post heart-transplant

That's right. Houston lost their team once, I

don't think they would approve a move because of it.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still confused as to what he is playing at. If he made the initial bid before the "soft" deadline I wouldn't mind him making a bid but the way he dragged his feet feels off to me.

He is a bit "off." Sounds like he had to be talked into getting back into the fray. He and Trumpet are herky-jerky with their desire to be a team owner.

There are few other high profile ownership groups in our culture and most of those relish their privacy whereas NFL team owners - at least the newer ones, enjoy the spotlight.

The Donald and JBJ relish the spotlight though. But the deal has to make business sense for them, and north of 1.2b it doesn't seem to.

Golisano is being half-azzed in this. He's not doing the town/club/fans any favors by pumping up the price which is already at record levels. Though - perhaps other owners are blowing in his ear, encouraging him to up the ante so their properties increase in value as the sea level rises. That would not necessarily be good for the League or the sport. Because in a decade we could be looking at new owners from places like Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and China. It's a mad race to profits for some owners that buy high with hopes of selling higher.

Maybe it's an ego thing and he just doesn't want TP to get it without working a little harder for it. We'll know soon enough.

Go Bills!

Maybe it's an ego thing and he just doesn't want TP to get it without working a little harder for it. We'll know soon enough.

Go Bills!

I really hope Golisano's bid isn't just a "who's got the bigger @$%&" statement to Trump/Pegula. If he's getting into this because he doesn't want to "lose" to them, that's ridiculous. I'd like to think he's bidding because he truly wants it. I still want Pegula, but if Golisano were to win I'd be fine with that too, because he's not moving the team.

I really hope Golisano's bid isn't just a "who's got the bigger @$%&" statement to Trump/Pegula. If he's getting into this because he doesn't want to "lose" to them, that's ridiculous. I'd like to think he's bidding because he truly wants it. I still want Pegula, but if Golisano were to win I'd be fine with that too, because he's not moving the team.

He won't move the team but will he flip it like he did the Sabres in a few years? Pegula is the only owner I trust to be long term.

He won't move the team but will he flip it like he did the Sabres in a few years? Pegula is the only owner I trust to be long term.

The situation is a little different. The bills don't need to be flipped. The sabres were a team that went through a bankruptcy/scandal. They were poor into a trust owned by the NHL until golisano came in and saved the team. They very were on the brink of relocating the team.

- Make no mistake, Galisano is dick measuring...

I've met with him several times and the bigger dick statement is very much not him. If he were to own the Bills I believe it would be for the same reason he owned the Sabres, to make sure they stayed in Buffalo. He would then look for another owner who would do that as well. Like he did with Pegula and the Sabres.

If he is getting his non-binding bid in now, the only thing I can think is he believes some group that would want to move the Bills is a threat and he wants to be able to monitor the situation from the inside.

- Make no mistake, Galisano is dick measuring...

And you are so certain of this how? Couldn't be more wrong based on my experience.

And it's spelled Golisano.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Ive been told Golisano is the choice of the trustees. Has to do with current Bills management.

No offense, but can you shed a little more light here? Is there some concern with respect to Pegula?

I've met with him several times and the bigger dick statement is very much not him. If he were to own the Bills I believe it would be for the same reason he owned the Sabres, to make sure they stayed in Buffalo. He would then look for another owner who would do that as well. Like he did with Pegula and the Sabres.

If he is getting his non-binding bid in now, the only thing I can think is he believes some group that would want to move the Bills is a threat and he wants to be able to monitor the situation from the inside.

Fair enough, but what I don't understand is why he would do this with Pegula involved -- a guy who seemingly has every intention of winning, and who clearly would not move the team.

Fair enough, but what I don't understand is why he would do this with Pegula involved -- a guy who seemingly has every intention of winning, and who clearly would not move the team.

Only thing I can think of is he isn't sure of a slam dunk by Pegula and the only way he can monitor the situation is by submitting a non-binding bid so he is involved with the process. Without doing that, he might be as clueless as to what is going on as we are.

What TheTruth says would be a reason as well I suppose.

Edited by CodeMonkey

No offense, but can you shed a little more light here? Is there some concern with respect to Pegula?

Mary Owen, Russ Brandon, Jim Overdorf and others would all remain under Golisano. Mary Owen is one of the trustees. I dont know their feelings about Pegula, I just know they want Golisano. There are other factors. The banks and the NFL. The NFL wants this sale to be a starting point for future NFL sales. So does Golisano have the cash to bid around $1.2 billion?

Golisano also seems to have a legit stadium plan that includes a closed air stadium.