New sale of team thread

This is why the Bills will stay...

https://twitter.com/...8308224/photo/1

End of story

Maybe it's reading too much into it, but it's somewhat hard for me to believe that Mary would come there that weekend if she knew that within a week or two she was making a decision to sell the team to someone who would move it out of Buffalo. I'm sure she is close to all those all-time great Bills, and wanted to represent Ralph there this weekend, but still. Something tells me that if there was anything bad about this coming sale, she would not be there.

That, of course, is total conjecture.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's reading too much into it, but it's somewhat hard for me to believe that Mary would come there that weekend if she knew that within a week or two she was making a decision to sell the team to someone who would move it out of Buffalo. I'm sure she is close to all those all-time great Bills, and wanted to represent Ralph there this weekend, but still. Something tells me that if there was anything bad about this coming sale, she would not be there.

Entirely correct sir :thumbsup:

Can't help but agree. She knew how much the team meant to Ralph and how much it means to the community. She has been as influential and financially backing as Ralph was.

She wants this team to live on in buffalo.

God forbid someone other than Pegs wins the bid for the Bills, but let's say that happens, name 9 teams that will help us block a move out of Buffalo.

My guess right off the bat is Green Bay, Cincinnati, Jacksonville, Minnesota, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh. I would expect support from those small market teams since they're like us.

Other than those six teams it becomes difficult. I would say the Raiders, but they're threatening to leave Oakland, so I'm not counting on them. Who else can we count on?

God forbid someone other than Pegs wins the bid for the Bills, but let's say that happens, name 9 teams that will help us block a move out of Buffalo.

My guess right off the bat is Green Bay, Cincinnati, Jacksonville, Minnesota, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh. I would expect support from those small market teams since they're like us.

Other than those six teams it becomes difficult. I would say the Raiders, but they're threatening to leave Oakland, so I'm not counting on them. Who else can we count on?

I'm guessing here. Kansas City, Atlanta, Houston, Detroit, Seattle, Chicago, Carolina could surprise me, . I doubt Jacksonville has our back and I really doubt Minnesota does with the battles they've had getting a stadium and threats they've made of late

KC is still owned by the Hunts

ATL - Arthur Blank seems like a stand-up guy just a guy feeling

HOU - just a guess based on history

DET - putting a team actually IN Canada hurts their best interests and threatens their cross border traffic

SEA - Allen has enough money and seems to run a very fan centered organization

CHI - Still owned by the McCaskeys

CAR - Jerry Richardson also seems like a stand-up sort of guy and he has a similar succession issue post heart-transplant

Edited by DJasper Probincrux III

The NFL will never want it to get to that unless they want the move. Once you are voting the damage is done to the franchise in Buffalo. The last thing I want see is Trump blustering how "his" team is too classy for Buffalo and he has no choice but move or sell it.

I'm guessing here. Kansas City, Atlanta, Houston, Detroit, Seattle, Chicago, Carolina could surprise me, . I doubt Jacksonville has our back and I really doubt Minnesota does with the battles they've had getting a stadium and threats they've made of late

KC is still owned by the Hunts

ATL - Arthur Blank seems like a stand-up guy just a guy feeling

HOU - just a guess based on history

DET - putting a team actually IN Canada hurts their best interests and threatens their cross border traffic

SEA - Allen has enough money and seems to run a very fan centered organization

CHI - Still owned by the McCaskeys

CAR - Jerry Richardson also seems like a stand-up sort of guy and he has a similar succession issue post heart-transplant

I think Pittsburgh and NYG would do the right thing. Mara and Rooney seem to be voice of reason and would probably rally enough votes to block a move. I don't think we can count on many of the small market teams who might be eyeing moves themselves.