C J Spiller

C J Spiller will not be on this team in 2015 and maybe not this season.

CJ can become a free agent after this season. I believe he will absolutely want to test free agency and has no plans to give the Bills any kind of home town discount. in fact, I don't think he wants to be here.

CJ has said he will seek advice from Jairus Byrd on how to handle free agency.

Jason LaCanfora just came out with a story stating the Bills would consider trading CJ. probably leaked by the Bills to drum up interest.

the bills admitted they tried to move up into the second round of this years draft in order to pick RB Carlos Hyde. even though you would consider RB our first or second strongest and deepest unit (other than DL). possibly the strongest RB unit in the league of any team.

the bills traded for Eagles RB Bryce Brown.

the bills added Anthony Dixon.

the Bills extended fred Jackson another year.

Spiller is not viewed as an every down type of back. he gets winded easily.

he is very elusive and a game breaking home run threat.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CJ can become a free agent after this season. I believe he will absolutely want to test free agency and has no plans to give the Bills any kind of home town discount. in fact, I don't think he wants to be here.

Jason LaCanfora just came out with a story stating the Bills would consider trading CJ. probably leaked by the Bills to drum up interest.

the bills admitted they tried to move up into the second round of this years draft in order to pick RB Carlos Hyde. even though you would consider RB our first or second strongest and deepest unit (other than DL). possibly the strongest RB unit in the league of any team.

They made the move to squire Brown after they couldn't get Hyde...

I certainly don't know how it will play out, but I'm on the side of re-signing him if it's reasonable...

Oh, btw... IN!!!

lacanfora didn't say they would consider trading him. He said that he guessed that maybe they would. Difference. If CJ is on the block, the other GMs know. They don't need to follow LaCanfora on Twitter for that info. For that matter, a large majority of players on any team are available for the right offer and Whaley likely fiejds calls for him and others regardless. It is all speculation. The bills are using CJ and Fred on the field at the sane time in certain sets according to camp reports. To move him now screws up their play book right before the season. They do not have a replacement for him. Bryce Brown is going to spell Fred and replace him if he is injured and when he's done. He is a rich mans tashard choice. Dixon is a short yardage back who will at FB and was primarily signed for ST. If they removed CJ from this offense this year I would be floored. Next year, I believe it will be up to him if he is here, if he has a good year.

They made the move to squire Brown after they couldn't get Hyde...

I certainly don't know how it will play out, but I'm on the side of re-signing him if it's reasonable...

Oh, btw... IN!!!

#rollhyde

May as well get in.

I do find it odd that in the select BB.com video highlights, they rarely show CJ.

his pic is all over the website and he is one of few who was in the recent CBS photo shoot. The camp videos are probably handled by interns.

his pic is all over the website and he is one of few who was in the recent CBS photo shoot. The camp videos are probably handled by interns.

I'm not suggesting a conspiracy or a pending trade, just find it odd that there are very few plays that even interns find highlight-worthy. Maybe the comment is better served in the training camp update threads.

Let's hope EJ doesn't have a good year this year. People will be talking about trading him and talking up Thad Lewis. The only way you win games is to keep great players. CJ is one of those greats. The problem is Hackett.

Have you guys ever had the bacon and doughnut flavored poptarts at osu???

I once saw someone with bacon wrapped deep fried poptarts. Not much to look at but they seemed to like them.

And before you ask, I had a brainfart and forgot to ask what kind of poptarts they were ;)

I'm not suggesting a conspiracy or a pending trade, just find it odd that there are very few plays that even interns find highlight-worthy. Maybe the comment is better served in the training camp update threads.

It's part of the plan to help and keep CJ. Last year, every promo had CJ in it and he got hurt and had an off year.

As far as the OP's take, Spiller has openly stated at least a few times that he wants to stay here.

Link ? Who else wants to make up a story and thread ?

Fred Jackson is reportedly pissed that he had to sign that extension and wants one less year on his contract. Fred wants out. Losing with the Bills is the only thing he has ever known and now that they are on the verge of winning he wants no part of that.

If all of you fools who post stupid whiny "oh great another CJ thread" and "in" then threads like this would die quickly.

I don't think Spiller will be here next year either, OP. If the Bills start off 0-4 then I could see them trading him before the deadline.

Edited by cantankerous

lacanfora didn't say they would consider trading him. He said that he guessed that maybe they would. Difference. If CJ is on the block, the other GMs know. They don't need to follow LaCanfora on Twitter for that info. For that matter, a large majority of players on any team are available for the right offer and Whaley likely fiejds calls for him and others regardless. It is all speculation. The bills are using CJ and Fred on the field at the sane time in certain sets according to camp reports. To move him now screws up their play book right before the season. They do not have a replacement for him. Bryce Brown is going to spell Fred and replace him if he is injured and when he's done. He is a rich mans tashard choice. Dixon is a short yardage back who will at FB and was primarily signed for ST. If they removed CJ from this offense this year I would be floored. Next year, I believe it will be up to him if he is here, if he has a good year.

#rollhyde

weve seriously heard and speculated the Reports every single season that he's been here that CJ and Freddy will or should be on the field at the same time. EVERY YEAR. yet it's never happened. Probably because they are both injired every 3 games.

http://youtu.be/UPw-3e

Oh.....IN

Edited by mrags

It's part of the plan to help and keep CJ. Last year, every promo had CJ in it and he got hurt and had an off year.

As far as the OP's take, Spiller has openly stated at least a few times that he wants to stay here.

Spiller was very excited to see Sammy Watkins drafted by the Bills, and about the only player equally excited was EJ.

I could see why the FO might think it would be a smart move to trade Spiller before the trade deadline should the team fall on its face the first half of the season. That is "IF" they can't reach a reasonable negotiation point with CJ by then, and the FO wants to make that #1 to Cleveland next year less painful with a #2 or #3.

Should Hackett grow a brain, and utilize Spiller like Gailey did in a pass first, spread offense then that might make him as valuable as to get a #1 pick in trade. Better to get something for him then see him walk like Levitre, Byrd. But this trading away #1 picks for 4th rounders (Lynch) is beyond moronic. The Buffalo Bills, farm club for the rest of the league.

Someone explain why Mr Fumble, Bryce Brown from the Iggles who hasn't proven a darn thing, and is currently 4th string along with Ronnie Wingo is anywhere near as good as CJ (who made the pro bowl when used properly in 2012)

Anthony Dixon from SF, in his lone start in 2013. 28 rushing attempts for 56 yards for a whopping 2.0 YPC avg.

EDIT: Should the team fail badly on offense again this year, can we trade Hackett for a yoohoo in a bottle, and a pack of slim jims? Or just fire the guy before the half way point and bring back Gailey. Man, what that guy would do with an actual decent WR corps.

Edited by FeartheLosing

Spiller was very excited to see Sammy Watkins drafted by the Bills, and about the only player equally excited was EJ.

I could see why the FO might think it would be a smart move to trade Spiller before the trade deadline should the team fall on its face the first half of the season. That is "IF" they can't reach a reasonable negotiation point with CJ by then, and the FO wants to make that #1 to Cleveland next year less painful with a #2 or #3.

Should Hackett grow a brain, and utilize Spiller like Gailey did in a pass first, spread offense then that might make him as valuable as to get a #1 pick in trade. Better to get something for him then see him walk like Levitre, Byrd. But this trading away #1 picks for 4th rounders (Lynch) is beyond moronic. The Buffalo Bills, farm club for the rest of the league.

Someone explain why Mr Fumble, Bryce Brown from the Iggles who hasn't proven a darn thing, and is currently 4th string along with Ronnie Wingo is anywhere near as good as CJ (who made the pro bowl when used properly in 2012)

Anthony Dixon from SF, in his lone start in 2013. 28 rushing attempts for 56 yards for a whopping 2.0 YPC

Mr. Fumble didn't fumble one single time last year, and has a career 4.6 average.

Anthony Dixon from SF, in his lone start in 2013. 28 rushing attempts for 56 yards for a whopping 2.0 YPC avg.

EDIT: Should the team fail badly on offense again this year, can we trade Hackett for a yoohoo in a bottle, and a pack of slim jims? Or just fire the guy before the half way point and bring back Gailey. Man, what that guy would do with an actual decent WR corps.

Mr. Fumble didn't fumble one single time last year, and has a career 4.6 average.

The Iggles also had the #1 graded run blocking unit in the NFL last year. Jeez, they had an OG who graded (46.7),wowzer!

I can see why Brown might have seen some success as an alternative to LeSean McCoy. Still, it doesn't explain why so many Bills fans think CJ is so easily replaced by someone who has done almost nothing in the NFL, and why that player is currently 4th string. Its very telling to me that Chip kelly tried to trade for Spiller, and equally telling that he traded away Brown.

I'm hoping that CJ does well this year, and the bills sign him to a long term deal. I tend to appreciate the better players on the team.

The Iggles also had the #1 graded run blocking unit in the NFL last year. Jeez, they had an OG who graded (46.7),wowzer!

I can see why Brown might have seen some success as an alternative to LeSean McCoy. Still, it doesn't explain why so many Bills fans think CJ is so easily replaced by someone who has done almost nothing in the NFL, and why that player is currently 4th string. Its very telling to me that Chip kelly tried to trade for Spiller, and equally telling that he traded away Brown.

I'm hoping that CJ does well this year, and the bills sign him to a long term deal. I tend to appreciate the better players on the team.

its because Chip is a freaking idiot.

I think the going rate is a 6 pack of yoohoo along with the box of slim jims

Had CJ ever run in a read option offense before? With that crap we had as an Oline last year that couldn't ever convert a 3rd and 2 and CJ playing most of the year with a high ankle sprain he still averaged 4.6 per.

Talk of trading him now is ridiculous. Lots of teams are bringing in numerous good RBs----SF, NE, even the Eagles got Sproles. Its bc these guys get hurt and hardly anyone carries it 300 plus times let alone 400.

So brining in the RBs we did tells me we simply wanted and had the opportunity to upgrade over CJ, 32 yr old Fred and Tashard Choice.

Im not on the trade CJ train. No way.

Get an OC first. Now by the sound of things it appears EJ is starting to look better. So maybe Hacket is starting to actually coach em up.

I think the going rate is a 6 pack of yoohoo along with the box of slim jims

At this point it looks like one bottle will be good enough for Hackett, along with two or three slim jims...one of them bitten.

Now by the sound of things it appears EJ is starting to look better. So maybe Hacket is starting to actually coach em up.

Not according to what I'm reading about Marrone, and his frustration with the offense. Right now the Bills D is killing the O. 8 sacks in 17 plays in series.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/team-report-buffalo-bills-115517731--nfl.html

its because Chip is a freaking idiot.

Yea well, I would love some 10-6 type freaking idiot for the Bills.

From what I'm hearing about Kelly is that he has instituted state of the art camp in every aspect for his team. Diet & nutrition, exercise regime, workout pace. You do know that the Eagles didn't have one player land on IR last year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000256451/article/chip-kelly-conditioning-plan-helps-prevent-injuries

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/07/29/training-camp-report-philadelphia-eagles/

"Kelly runs, by far, the most efficient practice in all of football. There is no wasted time on the field. I mean, why have guys standing around and watching when you do team drills side by side on the same field? And he’s also just smart. At one point, the offensive starters lined up against the entire defensive unit. At every defensive position, the four-deep roster was lined up, one behind the other at each position. As the offense was shifting and motioning, the defensive players went through their checks and calls. Each side of the ball only took a few steps into the play, but that’s the most important split second. By having the four-deep defense on the field, the less experienced players could mirror and learn from the players in front of them. That’s just smart. And it’s so simple. That’s the genius of Chip Kelly."