C J Spiller

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And so it begins again with a different player. Same made up BS.

Why do Bills fans do this? Maybe its any fan base, but it always seems like Bills fans are mentally preparing to be passed over by every player and their mother.

Defense mechanism. Only way some people can get through the day...

I've also heard you hate beer, tacos, and chicken wings too.

:o Oh! The horror!

To me the something overlooked by fans more than coaches is the ability of an RB to be an effective blocker. This just isn't a stat like YAC or YPK. But coaches review every play and know the details of blown assignments or poor blocks. CJ has improved here but perhaps this is a skillset where CJ has been weaker than some of the other guys.

There is no doubt he's an explosive rare thoroughbred when it comes to busting it up field. But with questions at QB/OL you really want a stud blocking back to help and maybe Doug doesn't trust him 100% to get that done. CJ seems earnest enough but maybe he struggles with the Xs and Os of his assignments more than Fred and others?

Pat Kirwin gets into that in his book, "How to watch football by taking yer head outta yer azz," or something to that effect. He says that Frank Gore is the most complete back. He can do it all: pound, bounce and spring outside, sprint, catch, and above all - block. He says that most premier collegiate backs struggle with that in the En Ef El because they weren't called on to do that in school. It's kind of like the situation that "average" NFL league players have when they find themselves on Special Teams when they never had to play on them in college. It's an adjustment they have to make to make the grade in the major league. Some can't and are gone quickly.

CJ did struggle with blocking assignments his first couple of years, but he's worked on developing those skills and he's not an embarrassment when that's his assignment, e.g., chip the DE, block the blitzer. I get what mrags says. He prefers a back like Gore, or at least one that has more carries for positive yards and fewer carries for a loss than CJ has. But some of that negative production is on the scheme, coach, and the OL. It ain't all on CJ. He's like a thoroughbred not like a bell cow.

all this time I thought Cletus was your first name. Hi Country.

I do believe that might be where he lives. :w00t:

Defense mechanism. Only way some people can get through the day...

naw. Some of is just don't gulp the Kool-Aid. We just sip it.

You in ohio?

not yet. Just finishing breakfast in Blo before I leave.

Ok, seeINg as this thread should have been closed as a duplicate withIN the first page and is now at #87 I will chime IN. This has turned INto 45% a Spiller Thread, 47% a poptart thread and 8% a Cleatus thread. Can we get these three seperated or at least the title changed?

yeah. CJ is great for Madden. In real life though I'd just rather have Freddy any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I'd rather have them both.

The 2nd best big-play RB in the league over the last two years would be quite a thing to give up.

I'd rather have them both.

The 2nd best big-play RB in the league over the last two years would be quite a thing to give up.

i think you along with many others claim "big play back" based off your opinions because you watch Bills games and obviously want them to be great. It's understandable. But CJ isn't even in that conversation.

i think you along with many others claim "big play back" based off your opinions because you watch Bills games and obviously want them to be great. It's understandable. But CJ isn't even in that conversation.

So, in other words, since there is no official definition of the term "big play," you're making a personal definition of what exactly "big play" means, and then criticizing others for doing that exact same thing? ;)

Good post, but i wish you factored in freddie's epic run at the meadowlands last year:

http://www.nfl.com/v...son-59-yard-run

Thanks for that refresher ! Got my blood going : )

And he held onto that ball knowing Cromartie was going to try.

Fred suprised the snockers out of eveyone that play. Including the Bills i think !!!

:thumbsup:

yeah. CJ is great for Madden. In real life though I'd just rather have Freddy any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

W

Why cant we have both ? and B B and Boobie.

I love the skill sets and " potential " for play calling and run run running the ball

Edited by 3rdand12

I kind of thought I made my case pretty succinctly with the whole post about him being 2nd in the NFL in rushes of 20 yards or more in each of the last 2 seasons

@NFL_ATL: Spiller hearing trade rumors: "Hopefully I'll be around for this coming season" http://t.co/4R2tXWDVmh

So stupid. But Brown tore it up against 3rd stringers!

I have a feeling that Bills fans will appreciate how good spiller is once he plays for another team. That's sad.

Oh boy.... I also just heard that Mike Pettine purchased a large quantity of Yoohoo bottle and slim jims.... We will see...

Haha.

CJ is featured in the "This Is Our Time" promo video that plays on BB.com. Editing the video again would be such a hassle wouldn't it? I don't think he's going anywhere.

if it wasn't for Mr. LaCanfora's desperation for clicks, there would be no rumors.

I do not support a trade of CJ at in any way shape or form.

However, we have a real log jam at RB right now. Someone has to go. We got CJ, Fred, Brown, Dixon, and Ringo. Only 3 RBs will make the cut in all likelhood. Unless they move Dixon to FB and cut Frank the Tank that leaves one of the top 4 out in the cold. We traded for Brown and signed Dixon. They're Marrone/Whaley guys. CJ is not and in the last year of his contract (to my way of thinking that is a good thing due to players wanting to shine for that next deal). They can possible get something for him. I don't think it's outside of the realm of possibility it could happen.

I hope not, but then again I hoped we'd keep Flutie over Johnson too.

I do not support a trade of CJ at in any way shape or form.

However, we have a real log jam at RB right now. Someone has to go. We got CJ, Fred, Brown, Dixon, and Ringo. Only 3 RBs will make the cut in all likelhood. Unless they move Dixon to FB and cut Frank the Tank that leaves one of the top 4 out in the cold. We traded for Brown and signed Dixon. They're Marrone/Whaley guys. CJ is not and in the last year of his contract (to my way of thinking that is a good thing due to players wanting to shine for that next deal). They can possible get something for him. I don't think it's outside of the realm of possibility it could happen.

I hope not, but then again I hoped we'd keep Flutie over Johnson too.

Cut Summers. Dixon to FB. Wingo cut.

I seriously question your mental capacity if you think they're going to cut Spiller.

Oops! Should have said trade! Well I still don't think they will. And I really don't want them too. I'm a big Bills and Clemson tigers fan! So I've been a big fan of CJ since his freshman year. So I realty want him to stay! Him and Sammy are two guys I really enjoyed watching! An I was ecstaticed when they came to Buffalo!

Plus I'm a big Spiller fan! :) always have been, probably always will! Even if he isn't a hall of famer. He has a good character, he's someone I'll always cheer for!

Anyway! Happy birthday CJ!

Edited by Braedenstearns

"I have friends and family members that inform me on some of the things that are being said with the trade rumors," Spiller recently said, per The Buffalo News. "I'm not oblivious to that stuff. I'm not living on Mars or anything. I can't control what happens. My response to them is 'don't worry about it.'

"Once you start worrying about that type of stuff, you get off focus of what you're trying to do. Until anything happens, I'm excited to be with the Bills and hopefully I'll be around for this coming season."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000374302/article/cj-spiller-hopes-to-stay-with-buffalo-bills-in-2014

@ChrisTrapasso: Just heard from #Bills source regarding the organization's stance on C.J. Spiller: "no thoughts of moving him at all right now."

@ChrisTrapasso: Source also added: "plan (right now) is keeping 4 RBs on the roster for the start of the season."

@ChrisTrapasso: Obviously, things can change. But the past two tweets = what I'm told is the #Bills stance on C.J. Spiller right now.

@ChrisTrapasso: Just heard from #Bills source regarding the organization's stance on C.J. Spiller: "no thoughts of moving him at all right now."

@ChrisTrapasso: Source also added: "plan (right now) is keeping 4 RBs on the roster for the start of the season."

@ChrisTrapasso: Obviously, things can change. But the past two tweets = what I'm told is the #Bills stance on C.J. Spiller right now.

Ya!!

CJ also said that he is a Buffalo Bill "through and through" and "I love this place, I love being here in Buffalo, I love the people."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/CJ-Spiller-I’m-a-Buffalo-Bill-through-and-through/3291f2ca-a218-4151-801e-2bb5ba45ec6d

he is obviously lying, obviously. Everyone hates it here and we can't have nice things. Because EJ!