Know anyone with a disease? Read this

Again with you way over the top drug comparisons. And actually you are kind of making my point. Yes people have done heroin for a long time AND it's detrimental effects are obvious. What are the bad effects of MJ exactly?

I just threw the historical aspect in because many here (you, DC, Chef etc) seem to think it was made illegal because it's dangerous which is totally NOT the case. Or, perhaps you think it's still important to protect Hurst's paper business. Not sure. Ironically these are some of the same people who want more "freedom" and smaller government.

Don't presume to know what I think, boy.

I will presume whatever I want, boy.

And I did say "seems to think", which I based on your numerous bloviations on the subject. Of course I have no idea what you really think, thank goodness for that.

Edited by reddogblitz

I will presume whatever I want, boy.

And I did say "seems to think", which I based on your numerous bloviations on the subject. Of course I have no idea what you really think, thank goodness for that.

If you'd actually read my "numerous blovations on the subject," you'd have noticed that they say nothing about pot. They're all about the complete inability of pot's rabid supporters to engage in any sort of critical thinking on the subject. For example: a definitive statement of "pot cures hiccups," without ANY consideration as to whether or not that's true (next time, try smoking a cigarette. Time after that, try breathing deeply. THEN maybe you have enough information for a reliable anecdote.) But that's still not NEARLY as bad as Bob's idiotic "Pot cures disease" nonsense this whole thread started with.

I never said jack **** about pot. I mocked evangelical stoners who believe pot is magic (and who listen to Tom Petty...because Tom Petty is only tolerable when you're high). You'd know that, if you weren't too stoned to comprehend what you read.

:rolleyes: Why is it that the stoners who advocate legalized marijuana are invariably walking counter-arguments against pot use?

Again with you way over the top drug comparisons. And actually you are kind of making my point. Yes people have done heroin for a long time AND it's detrimental effects are obvious. What are the bad effects of MJ exactly?

I just threw the historical aspect in because many here (you, DC, Chef etc) seem to think it was made illegal because it's dangerous which is totally NOT the case. Or, perhaps you think it's still important to protect Hurst's paper business. Not sure. Ironically these are some of the same people who want more "freedom" and smaller government.

Then you aren't reading. Or comprehending.

Do you know how long it took to find out, and raise awareness of, the detrimental effects of heroin, or opioids in general?

Edited by FireChan

Well now YOU do. I hope you never get hiccups for 2 weeks like I did. But if you do, hopefully it won't be until after November 2016. That you can drive on down to the store and buy it once it's legal in your state too.

I don't need to wait. I have a medical MJ card and 70% of a 1/16 I bought over Labor Day weekend.

Ditto. I really hate presumptuous people

MARIJUANA DEBATE HEATS UP: After an extensive 5-day fact-finding hearing, a federal judge in California yesterday ruled that it is not “irrational”–and thus does not offend the Constitution– for marijuana to be classified as a Schedule I drug (no legal uses) under the federal Controlled Substances Act (CSA).

It is a blow to pro-marijuana advocates, who’ve had remarkable success in getting pot approved for medicinal use, and–in four states–even recreational use. Many legal experts anticipated that the judge, an Obama appointee, would take a “bold stand” and rule that marijuana cannot be completely banned under Schedule I. She suggested (showing remarkable restraint for an Obama appointee) that, as an unelected federal judge, it was not her place to effect such a substantial national policy change.

President Obama (technically, the Attorney General) could, consistent with the CSA, reschedule marijuana by executive order. But for some reason, on this issue, the President has thus far refused to get out his infamous pen and phone, stating recently that he thinks Congress should amend the CSA to reschedule marijuana instead.

And in perhaps the ultimate irony, the Supreme Court ruled in its 2005 decision, Gonzales v. Raich, that individuals who used medical marijuana pursuant to state compassionate use laws were not entitled to a constitutional exemption from the CSA, as the CSA is the supreme law of the land.

Someone needs to do more research on the medical uses of Meth. I hear people on it don't even care if an arm gets torn off. Plus, it makes you dig holes.

If you're going to compare marijuana with meth, you may as well also compare beer with liquid LSD.

If you're going to compare marijuana with meth, you may as well also compare beer with liquid LSD.

Meth has a better PR manager than marijuana.

I am in favor of legalizing all drugs. I also think we should ban child-proof caps.

Let the idiots kill themselves.

Legalize everything. Sell it at licensed stores. You screw up, or you go to rehab, or whatever, your name goes on the list, and you can't buy for a set period. We don't record who buys, only stop those on the list from buying, using ID swipes. 3 strikes and you're out permanently.

Tax the hell out of it, but, also sell an 8th of weed for $8, because corporate agro can do that, easy. $5 retail, $3 tax. You'll put the illegal guys out of business in a month. You'll also see a change in behavior from users: nobody wants to be on the list, man. Not when it means going back to paying $25-35. Make sure everything is clean...so hospital overdose costs are 95% removed. The state is making/saving money everywhere on this, most of which can be used to fund programs to help the people who have addiction problems. Nobody is getting killed over a street corner. It just became a lot safer to be a cop. Little girls don't get killed in their homes by stray bullets fired by untrained idiots.

In all cases, the scumbags lose. This is at worst revenue neutral for the state. Lives are saved. And criminals no longer have massive wealth with which to buy power/corrupt law enforcement. Criminals don't have the power, because they don't have the $$$. There will always be criminals. Don't be an idiot. Legalized drugs simply means: crime goes back to NOT paying. Prison overcrowding goes down...the collateral solutions this approach creates are unending.

This is the solution. And, it's like gravity. Both this solution, and gravity, have existed forever. The difference is: gravity has been "discovered". It's just a matter of time before everyone puts aside the emotional arguments and accepts the logical. When they do: this solution will be "discovered" as well.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

• 2 weeks later...

Bob,

I just got a call from my tied for fifth cousin Brenda. She found out she has a disease but she doesn't know what disease she has.

What kind of pot should she smoke?

You do realize that this is the basic premise for the entire pharmaceutical industry, right?

It's ironic that you'd post this in an effort to disparage weed.

Where did Bob go?

Oh come on.

You guys spend pages and pages crying about getting trolled by long posts, and as soon as it stops, you ask "where did he go"?

You do realize that this is the basic premise for the entire pharmaceutical industry, right?

It's ironic that you'd post this in an effort to disparage weed.

Oh come on.

You guys spend pages and pages crying about getting trolled by long posts, and as soon as it stops, you ask "where did he go"?

That's one possibility. I choose to believe that pot cured his incessant need to proselytize.

• 3 weeks later...

This fight between GreggyT and Gatorman us almost as good as the cripple fight between Jimmy and Timmy.

I have to disagree with you here. Greg is in no way a cripple. We don't always agree but he is perfectly capable of having a well reasoned position on the things he debates. Gator on the other hand will say stuff like, "Hey I'm a very "entilligent" person."

I have to disagree with you here. Greg is in no way a cripple. We don't always agree but he is perfectly capable of having a well reasoned position on the things he debates. Gator on the other hand will say stuff like, "Hey I'm a very "entilligent" person."

Not true, I just think you are about as intelligent as a broken stone. That's all

Spoiler alert:

I have it on good authority that the last two episodes of The Walking Dead will involve marijuana research, a biplane crop duster and cured zombies.

Aren't zombies cured by definition?

Aren't zombies cured by definition?

That will be explained in the spinoff prequel. The start of the zombie thing was some reaaaaaalllllly good weed whose strain gets altered to reverse the effect in the finale of the main series.