Know anyone with a disease? Read this

Link

Do you think pot caused him to be so stupid that he told the court he smoked pot? It sure didn't cure him from stupidity. Maybe he didn't smoke the stupid curing pot.

I'll comment on this, because this is a completely ridiculous story and I'm usually a completely ridiculous person:

It's a poorly kept secret that a lot of players in the League partake. So long as a player doesn't test positive, they are only tested once a year -- by August at the absolute latest. The guys who smoke (or vap) cleanse and abstain until they test, once they pass they spark back up for the rest of the year knowing they're in the clear. Let's say AP is one of the 49% of players who partake (that number is a guess but a conservative one), he passed his test in August and -- considering the stress he's probably been enduring since this whole story broke -- there were probably more than a few times when he self medicated.

This story broke less than 30 days ago, including the arrest. Weed stays in your system for 30+ days. Imagine you've been under the microscope the way AP has since this ordeal began and you knew you were going to piss positive, I can understand how in that situation you'd say something up front about what they're going to find. That in no way means he smoked since his arrest, let alone right before his hearing.

Regardless of how you feel about the drug and it's effects, it's in the final days of its prohibition. As a District Attorney part of the job is to exercise judgement, calling for his bail to be revoked is sensationalizing and already sensationalized story and reeks of a political move by a DA who wants to take as much of the limelight for himself as he can. And the media's treatment of this story just further underlines how ridiculous the fourth estate has become.

Edited by GreggyT

I'll comment on this, because this is a completely ridiculous story and I'm usually a completely ridiculous person:

It's a poorly kept secret that a lot of players in the League partake. So long as a player doesn't test positive, they are only tested once a year -- by August at the absolute latest. The guys who smoke (or vap) cleanse and abstain until they test, once they pass they spark back up for the rest of the year knowing they're in the clear. Let's say AP is one of the 49% of players who partake (that number is a guess but a conservative one), he passed his test in August and -- considering the stress he's probably been enduring since this whole story broke -- there were probably more than a few times when he self medicated.

This story broke less than 30 days ago, including the arrest. Weed stays in your system for 30+ days. Imagine you've been under the microscope the way AP has since this ordeal began and you knew you were going to piss positive, I can understand how in that situation you'd say something up front about what they're going to find. That in no way means he smoked since his arrest, let alone right before his hearing.

Regardless of how you feel about the drug and it's effects, it's in the final days of its prohibition. As a District Attorney part of the job is to exercise judgement, calling for his bail to be revoked is sensationalizing and already sensationalized story and reeks of a political move by a DA who wants to take as much of the limelight for himself as he can. And the media's treatment of this story just further underlines how ridiculous the fourth estate has become.

He probably "smoked a little weed" just like the guy who gets pulled over for weaving all over the road "had one beer".

• 2 weeks later...

There is a disease call racial tension in Missouri. Can pot cure this Bob or did pot cause it?

Oh, pot can cure racial tension. It's my second choice though on how to combat the issue. The first choice (which I can't claim as my own but I still think is the best) is for everyone to just keep f*cking everyone else and sooner or later we'll all be the same color anyway. Sex and pot. The best cures for racial strife.

Oh, pot can cure racial tension. It's my second choice though on how to combat the issue. The first choice (which I can't claim as my own but I still think is the best) is for everyone to just keep f*cking everyone else and sooner or later we'll all be the same color anyway. Sex and pot. The best cures for racial strife.

Huh? The white man has been !@#$ing the black man for centuries and we still have racial strife.

Yes, I know all my sexual relationships have been completely free of strife.

Big difference.

No, the autopsy said he was high, based on THC measurements in his blood.

Admittedly, that has to be taken with a very large grain of salt, as the correlation between THC blood serum levels and impairment are still very poorly defined. People are working on it, as people are starting to realize that "legalized marijuana" means that "driving while impaired" laws have to take in to account a deterministic measurement of impairment by marijuana.

One would think that would be easy, but the only certain method - offer them tickets to a Tom Petty concert, and see if they attend - doesn't work reliably on dead people, largely because of difficulties in identification in distinguishing corpses from Tom Petty himself.

• 5 months later...

Sanjay Gupta's new Weed 3 special will be on this Sunday, April 19th, at 9pm eastern on CNN.

In this article he talks about the upcoming show.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/16/opinions/medical-marijuana-revolution-sanjay-gupta/index.html

From the article:

There is now promising research into the use of marijuana that could impact tens of thousands children and adults, including treatment for cancer, epilepsy and Alzheimer's, to name a few. With regard to pain alone, marijuana could greatly reduce the demand for narcotics and simultaneously decrease the number of accidental painkiller overdoses, which are the greatest cause of preventable death in this country.

Like wow, man. I think I'll watch it, but i wanna do a bong first, man. Like ya godda watch **** like thank stoned man, like ya godda, ya no what I meen. Eye don't think eye cood watch it like strate man. It shood be really really good man, like it's importnat **** man, no. rieally. like really , realey impotent **** man. i dew know no y noone wood knot watshit. Ya no?