I believe in TJ Graham

Honestly, with all the reports coming in about EJ "building chemistry" with his WR's, I believe TJ Graham will still be on this roster come September. I think EJ was stunted by not getting enough reps with SJ13 and TJ, our two starters last year. With SJ13 gone, TJ is now the vet leader of the WR's and he'll show what he can do. Watkins and Woods may be a part of that showing, but Graham will be a fundamental part of this offense moving forward. He'll never be as good as Russell Wilson, but he'll be another Buddy pick vilified.

Let's look at the positives.

-He's fast (he was like a track star)

-He's got a cannon (remember that trick play where he launched the ball? Emergency QB a la Brad Smith, anyone?)

-He single-handedly won us that second Jets game (great ball awareness, shook Milliner 10 yards off the ball)

-He's a really nice guy

Thank Buddy for TJ Graham, and don't say I didn't tell ya.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a ridiculous statement!!! He can't catch. He can't attempt to catch a ball without jumping, even when it is right in his numbers! This post of yours shows you lack little knowledge on the sport or have not watched him play!!! He is currently approximately the 8th WR on the roster and can't play special teams (besides returning kicks). I am usually very positive about the Bills and the posters on this board....but, this is just a statement and thread of madness. You receive zero points and I am stupider for hearing you!!

He is NOT a NLF WR!!

I hope you are joking!

Edited by Manther

TJ sucks and I bet Mike Williams runs routes around him. Williams and Sammy are your top two and Woods is third then Goodwin. Marcus Easley may stand a better chance of being the next guy and then there's TJ. Maybe I'm wrong and you're right but I'm guessing the staff has more faith in developing Easley who performed on ST and they may elevate him for that reason alone. Just my take.

Wait, is this about TJ, EJ or SJ? What a mess you've made here!

That is a ridiculous statement!!! He can't catch. He can't attempt to catch a ball without jumping, even when it is right in his numbers! This post of yours shows you lack little knowledge on the sport or have not watched him play!!! He is currently approximately the 8th WR on the roster and can't play special teams (besides returning kicks). I am usually very positive about the Bills and the posters on this board....but, this is just a statement and thread of madness. You receive zero points and I am stupider for hearing you!!

He is NOT a NLF WR!!

I hope you are joking!

#2 on the depth chart for 2013. You calling Marrone and co. stupid?

I like him as a 5 receiver. He would basically be Goodwins backup. Goodwin is the better all player, but he seems to get injured pretty easy. Graham is the only receiver that can match his speed, so Graham is good for depth. He isn't a bad receiver, but we do have better talent on this team.

And I don't buy the think where Rodak is speculating WIlliams being cut and the team keeping hogan and Graham ahead of him. Williams getting cut isn't something that will be noticeable until preseason games start. If he sucks up that bad in preseason, then I would worry.

Still wish we kept stevie though. Have stevie in the slot, Woods and Watson on the out side with williams in the 4 receiver sets, and then goodwin be deep threat. that would have been nice. A littler nervous if woods/watson gets injured and then williams gets into trouble.

TJ will need to show he can use his speed on special teams in order to make this team imo. Watkins, Williams, Woods, Goodwin, 7-11 has been unstoppable from what I hear, Easley is our best special teams player. If they were going to have 7 receivers on the roster it would be because 2 or more of them are special teams stars

How many times have the masses here been wrong about players? Remember when so many of you were convinces that Aaron Williams was worthless... give Graham a break... I happen to think he still has a chance to turn into a decent player. Since he has been a Buffalo Bill, the offense hasn't really had a lot of consistency... his rookie season he was being used in ways that did not take advantage of his speed. I realize, too, everyone likes Goodwin...I like him too. But everyone seems to overlook the fact that Goodwin can't get through a game without getting injured. Don't bet that there won't be a spot for Graham.

Edited by Buftex

I will be the first to start an apology thread for laughing at this post.

TJ had a good game against the Jets, sure, but the whole team just dominated that week. He didn't win it for us.

Edited by Big C

How many times have the masses here been wrong about players? Remember when so many of you were convinces that Aaron Williams was worthless... give Graham a break... I happen to think he still has a chance to turn into a decent player. Since he has been a Buffalo Bill, the offense hasn't really had a lot of consistency... his rookie season he was being used in ways that did not take advantage of his speed. I realize, too, everyone likes Goodwin...I like him too. But everyone seems to overlook the fact that Goodwin can't get through a game without getting injured. Don't bet that there won't be a spot for Graham.

I really understand what you're saying and this fan base has plenty to learn from past mistakes on judging players. In saying that Graham doesn't do much well and I do understand our offense has been prohibitive, but WR's emerge all over the league in putrid offenses so to me that's really not an excuse. He's a one trick pony (go deep) that doesn't do that often enough to warrant putting up with all he does badly. If the team keeps 6 receivers I don't believe he'll be one of them.

I really understand what you're saying and this fan base has plenty to learn from past mistakes on judging players. In saying that Graham doesn't do much well and I do understand our offense has been prohibitive, but WR's emerge all over the league in putrid offenses so to me that's really not an excuse. He's a one trick pony (go deep) that doesn't do that often enough to warrant putting up with all he does badly. If the team keeps 6 receivers I don't believe he'll be one of them.

He has real issues catching the ball. Every throw can't be perfect. It's up to the WR to make those catches with difficult throws. Remember the fumble in the Chiefs game. We will be much better off with Sammy, RW, MW, Goodwin, Easley (for ST), and possibly Hogan. At this point, you either have good hands or not.

I think people on this board are either young or have a short memory. We spent a third round pick, for which we gave up. seventh round pick, for Graham. He is going into his third year,, which is when many WRs break out.

All that being said, could somebody please remind me what Eric Moulds did his first two seasons to justify the 1st round pick we spent on him?

TJ sucks and I bet Mike Williams runs routes around him. Williams and Sammy are your top two and Woods is third then Goodwin. Marcus Easley may stand a better chance of being the next guy and then there's TJ. Maybe I'm wrong and you're right but I'm guessing the staff has more faith in developing Easley who performed on ST and they may elevate him for that reason alone. Just my take.

Actually people are saying that Mike Williams might be in danger of getting cut. They say woods and Watkins are the outsides, and maybe Hogan in the slot

Actually people are saying that Mike Williams might be in danger of getting cut. They say woods and Watkins are the outsides, and maybe Hogan in the slot

These "people" are 3 different media outlets who took Rodak's "OTA fallers" article and decided to create MUD for clicks. No one is in "danger of being cut" based on voluntary OTAs. Williams has a fully guaranteed contract this year and is the only WR on the team with 3 years of proven, consistent NFL production, and the combination of size, physicality and experience the Bills need as well as being a legit red zone threat. The worst case scenario for MW is he isn't a starter week 1 but there is no way he doesn't make team, especially vs annual camp heroes like Hogan.

The Bills know what they have in MW and that is a lot of TDs and yards in real NFL games. Hogan catching passes from Jeff Tuel in shorts in June isn't going to cancel that out.

Edited by YoloinOhio

These "people" are 3 different media outlets who took Rodak's "OTA fallers" article and decided to create MUD for clicks. No one is in "danger of being cut" based on voluntary OTAs. Williams has a fully guaranteed contract this year and is the only WR on the team with 3 years of proven, consistent NFL production, and the combination of size, physicality and experience the Bills need as well as being a legit red zone threat. The worst case scenario for MW is he isn't a starter week 1 but there is no way he doesn't make team, especially vs annual camp heroes like Hogan.

The Bills know what they have in MW and that is a lot of TDs and yards in real NFL games. Hogan catching passes from Jeff Tuel in shorts in June isn't going to cancel that out.

Ya I know that, I don't think he will get cut. I was just posting it just to put it out because the poster was talking about him. I like him better then TJ Graham. But that's go to be something I'm going to keep a eye on in mini-camp and training camp... MW vs. TJ Graham!

I like him as a 5 receiver. He would basically be Goodwins backup. Goodwin is the better all player, but he seems to get injured pretty easy. Graham is the only receiver that can match his speed, so Graham is good for depth. He isn't a bad receiver, but we do have better talent on this team.

And I don't buy the think where Rodak is speculating WIlliams being cut and the team keeping hogan and Graham ahead of him. Williams getting cut isn't something that will be noticeable until preseason games start. If he sucks up that bad in preseason, then I would worry.

Still wish we kept stevie though. Have stevie in the slot, Woods and Watson on the out side with williams in the 4 receiver sets, and then goodwin be deep threat. that would have been nice. A littler nervous if woods/watson gets injured and then williams gets into trouble.

I think we have stumbled onto a solution for the "sam watkins nickname" thread.

Great job, Sherlock!! :thumbsup:

I believe in any player that wears red white and blue I may be called a fool from time to time or be taken as just another fanatic, but I cheer for all the Bills players and hope for them to succeed regardless of their popularity or ability.

Simply put: Go Bills.

Ramses Barden and the other tall WRs are also all ahead of TJ on the depth chart.

He can NOT catch the ball. That is the problem!! If he has not learned to catch the ball at this point in his life and career I strongly don't think he will learn to catch it now.

I actually really like TJ. A lot.

Other than lacking any ball awareness, failing to run correct routes at critical moments, and having no hands, he has a lot of talent.

So funny and so true!

I believe in TJ too. I believe that his NFL dream won't be over once the Bills cut him this fall. Some team will give him a call…maybe Carolina…because you can’t teach speed.

You can't teach how to catch at this point either!

Seriously though, was he injured during OTAs? Don't remember a single word about him.

Coming off surgery. No reps.

Watkins

Williams

Woods

Goodwin

Elliott (watch for it)

Easley

This. Also, I predict Easley gets cut. Hogan or Graham makes it over him. Prob. Hogan.

I'm skeptical

I think I really saw him once. A ball was thrown, and I swear I saw him there waiting to catch it. When I looked again, the ball was there, on the ground, but he was no longer there. It happened fast, so I could have been mistaken.

That would be a bone headed decision from a ST perspective.

Maybe... but while he was a positive on ST last year, that is all he contributed. Kevin Elliott also looked great on ST before he got hurt in PS and may offer more of the ability to actually provide depth at the WR position, plus the Bills made concerted effort to sign and draft players who are very strong ST players. There are only 53 spots and if Easley can only do one thing, he may be gone. That said, I would not be surprised if they kept him either as I don't know how it will all play out.

Maybe... but while he was a positive on ST last year, that is all he contributed. Kevin Elliott also looked great on ST before he got hurt in PS and may offer more of the ability to actually provide depth at the WR position, plus the Bills made concerted effort to sign and draft players who are very strong ST players. There are only 53 spots and if Easley can only do one thing, he may be gone. That said, I would not be surprised if they kept him either as I don't know how it will all play out.

Have you ever heard of Kassim Osgood?