Pegula sells land for $1.75 Billion, Will Bid on Bills!

I think we're talking about two different things here. I'll try to be more clear. Isn't it true that El Pegual cannot own BOTH the Buffalo Sabres AND the Buffalo Bills simultaneously, per the NFL by laws?

NFL allows owning other teams if a) said team is in the same market, or b) said team is in another market that is not home to an NFL team.

See: Paul Allen

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we're talking about two different things here. I'll try to be more clear. Isn't it true that El Pegual cannot own BOTH the Buffalo Sabres AND the Buffalo Bills simultaneously, per the NFL by laws?

are you freaking trolling here? This has been discussed not only in this thread but to death for years. It is possible. It is only against NFL laws to own 2 different franchises in 2 different cities, and that's only of they have another franchise in that city. Which is why Jacobs can't purchase the Bills because he already owns the Bruins and the Pats are another NFL team in the city in which he owns his hockey team. Edited by mrags

Can you give me a list of these "bad trades" you speak of? Is one getting the Islanders #1 pick plus Matt Moulson for Vanek? Or how about getting a #1 from Nashville for Paul friggin' Gausted?

As for TP's involvement obviously you must have been in a coma when he was flying his private jet to meet with all these crappy free agent signings and convince them to come to Buffalo and allow him to make them wealthy.

Pegula had made some mistakes when he came into Buffalo like a tidal wave but what I like what he has done is recognize the FA game was NOT the way to build a hockey team and put the $ and assets into the draft. Good to see a billionaire own up to mistakes and make adjustments.