Pegula sells land for $1.75 Billion, Will Bid on Bills!

I just hope the bid price is not too high. Leave T. Pegula enough money to chip in for new stadium. A fixed roof for 10 or 11 games a year would be great.

He just sold land for $1.75B. That's enough for the team plus part of the stadium.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it. It was so great before every playoff game in 2007:

Thanks for sharing this video. When you don't live in Buffalo, you miss things like this motivational song/video. It sounds like this was produced for the Sabres pre-game I'm guessing. I'm going to get on my sister as she works for the Sabres.

I love the positive attitude for many of the posters on this thread. I get so sick of hearing how bad my Bills are or just ripping on anything they can with our team or city. My answer is always "go be a fan of another team if you don't like ours. It's different halfway through the season and say we were 2-6. I understand that frustration, but we haven't played a game yet.

I'm happy to hear Buffalo is starting to revitalize and reinvent itself. My understanding is there has been quite an infusion of medical research these last several years. I live in Tampa, but my heart will always be from Buffalo. My wife laughs as she sees me get genuinely excited when I meet someone from Buffalo, and we automatically have this kinship where we talk about things unique to Buffalo. She'll say "I don't know anyone from any other city that connects like you Buffalo people". She infers this as a compliment.

Go Bills and Go Buffalo!

I've enjoyed my time on Sabrespace and TBD. The debates on a variety of sports related material over that time has been very entertaining and, in some cases, actually constructive for one's sanity as a Buffalo sports fan.

With that said, there will always be real skeptics, and hey, rightfully so. The area has been devoid of real leadership for so long that when the time arrives where it shows up it's almost hard to believe for most below the age of 50 that grew up here. I can relate to that just as most can.

But in the end, whether you hold skepticism or optimism, I'd like to make it perfectly clear, change is coming to WNY, and it's for the better. As I stated earlier, these sports franchises are just one aspect of that change, but no less important to the over all objectives of that change. There are now events in motion and things in play that this area wouldn't dare dream about over the past 40 years, only memories of Mom and Dad or Grandma and Grandpa's stories of era's long since past.

There is some coordination of these efforts. If you believe this is power brokers working continuously on their own and getting nowhere with frustration, you are wrong. The wheels have been turning, and now appear poised to use the Buffalo Bills to benefit the beloved community that has shown nothing short of impassioned loyalty.

Just a fan speculating ;)

Your positivity and enthusiasm are so refreshing.

I only hope they find a way to get rid of that damned Skyway!

You're still going to feel like you're indoors staring out of the "sunroof" of a retractable roof stadium.

I sure use the sunroof in my car a lot. Of course, I really miss the convertible I had.

Obsolete NFL Domes

Hoosier Dome - Replaced

Georgia Dome - Being Replaced

Metrodome- Being Replaced

Edward Jones Dome - Obsolete, Rams are threatening to move.

Silverdome - Replaced

King Dome - Replaced

Non Obsolete Dome - Made of concrete

Superdome, that is it.

All other new stadiums have roofs. Retractable or not, but they are not domes.

Sorry, but seeing the word dome instead of roof is like seeing the word seen as in, I seen that new domed stadium, makes me want to poke my eyes out.

this sounds like a personal problem for you. And no different than the grammar police jobs that some do here, which you also touched on with you "seen" explanation.

So for arguments sake, when people are saying dome, they mean some sort of roofed stadium. Get over it and except it.

DomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDome

DOME!!!

Edited by Beerball

this sounds like a personal problem for you. And no different than the grammar police jobs that some do here, which you also touched on with you "seen" explanation.

So for arguments sake, when people are saying dome, they mean some sort of roofed stadium. Get over it and except it.

DomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDomeDome

DOME!!!

That's accept dammit! Sorry...Couldn't help it. :lol:

I love it. It was so great before every playoff game in 2007:

Awful, just awful.

You don't pump in pansy SteveStojan like that before a playoff game. Try some AC/DC instead of some crappy "woe is me, we deserve this" kind of tripe.

Blech!

Doesn't sound like the Pegula way to me. Maybe to save money if someone other than El Pegual wins the bid but I think Pegula pays for the premium trim version. Just like his cars have fog lights where they should be instead of plastic inserts. Oh and premium leather too.

I don't think you know what you are saying unless you believe someone other than Pegula gets the team. Well actually I don't think you know what you are saying. Have a nice day.

PTR offered an opinion on whether to roof or not. I've read your reply multiple times and I can't make heads or tails of it. Of course he knows what he's saying, he gave you his opinion.

Christ on a crutch. In a thread dedicated to the possibility of some white knight riding in and saving the team, leave it to TBD to argue about the color of the saddle oh his horse. :P

Saddles? Everyone knows that the term saddle is out of date. Saddles went out with the wild west. Everyone knows that they now use portable girthed seating devices.

Saddles? Everyone knows that the term saddle is out of date. Saddles went out with the wild west. Everyone knows that they now use portable girthed seating devices.

I think we should ask our resident cowboy JBoyst about this. It's his call. Who do you think you are calling then portable girthed seating devices without his approval

Christ on a crutch. In a thread dedicated to the possibility of some white knight riding in and saving the team, leave it to TBD to argue about the color of the saddle oh his horse. :P

well, some people just can't accept things. I'm only arguing about the nonsense of being upset it's still called a dome.

You mean you did before?

CBF

you didn't? Edited by mrags

That thing here in Tampa would never work in Buffalo, the snow, ice and winds would tear through it rather quickly.

I am in favor of a roof. Split on actually caring if it opens, but agree that would be nice. Funny that the places that actually need a "roof" have to pay more for it than the places that want it for cosmopolitan reasons.

I remember reading over the winter about them having to go up on the roof of the Carrier DOME to remove excess snow before it collapsed. They also had some unique way of lowering it when not it use to deal with the snow.

On my phone at work, so don't have time to find the link.

I'd really like a retractable roof stadium. Keep it open for most games, close it for games with really bad weather (hey, we all know there's no real advantage for us in bad weather anymore, even if I really like watching snow games). Use the stadium for a variety of purposes, if possible, during the off season.

Hopefully this all happens :)

I'd really like a retractable roof stadium. Keep it open for most games, close it for games with really bad weather (hey, we all know there's no real advantage for us in bad weather anymore, even if I really like watching snow games). Use the stadium for a variety of purposes, if possible, during the off season.

Hopefully this all happens :)

+1. Lucas Oil has the perfect stadium, IMO.

The Pegula Family has mad no public commentary. They're getting things in place vs yakking about it.

So if you're a billionaire and speak publicly about being interested in purchasing the Buffalo Bills - you're yakking? You made my point.