Pegula sells land for $1.75 Billion, Will Bid on Bills!

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Savior of Buffalo.

In more ways then many here will ever realize. As I "speculated" for a while now, there is more here at stake than just a couple of sports franchises. There is much more to come. And not just Pegula, other power brokers are in as well with the overall region. Look where Paladino positioned himself. As I speculated, look beyond just the obvious sports situation, there is a bigger picture developing for WNY. Its a Hopeful Future :)

I guess you are forgetting taxes on that sale?

We have already discussed the capital gains on it. Please feel free to read Bring Back Fergy's explanation on how it will be deferred. Once you finish with that go find someone else's Cheerios to piss in because most of us here are in too good of a mood at the moment. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Maybe everybody will get off TPegs and the Sabres. We know he's NOT CHEAP just had to learn $$ isn't everything in sports and the Sabres will be a force in a few years. He has shown his commitment to the city with his investments in the hotel/hockey complex. Maybe Golisano and Pegs are going all in and I'm all in. No debt service is awesome!

Again I ask.....while I def want the team in Buffalo....will this prevent the mistakes that have been keeping this team down for the past 10 plus years?

I ask because I dont know?

I got a letter in the mail today:

Crappy football is better than no football.

Yours truly,

Cleveland fans

Ha ha, I am just waiting for the "What if an asteroid hits" thread from Tasker's Ghost.

That'll only happen when we're about to win the Super Bowl.

Probably the 2020 Super Bowl played on the brand new Ralph Wilson Field at Gieco Stadium in Downtown Buffalo. :beer:

That'll only happen when we're about to win the Super Bowl.

Probably the 2020 Super Bowl played on the brand new Ralph Wilson Field at Gieco Stadium in Downtown Buffalo. :beer:

6 years until a Super Bowl?? Terry is cheap.

Outside of securing the future of the team, Pegula really has the chance to literally be the singular person who rejuvinated a city. His harborcenter project is the anchor tenant to the rejuvination of the canalside region. The options available to him for putting together a sports and entertainment complex inside the city as part of a new stadium deal is a generational development for everyone, not just football fans.

Outside of securing the future of the team, Pegula really has the chance to literally be the singular person who rejuvinated a city. His harborcenter project is the anchor tenant to the rejuvination of the canalside region. The options available to him for putting together a sports and entertainment complex inside the city as part of a new stadium deal is a generational development for everyone, not just football fans.

Well stated.

Buffalo = Pegulaville, NY!

Good stuff 5 wide Edited by Kirby Jackson

I lived in Phoenix when the owner of the Suns, Jerry Colangelo, literally, single-handedly, revived the entire downtown area, which is now bustling. It was dying a slow death before he came in and started with the arena being built downtown, and then a couple restaurants, then a few other businesses, and then boom. Granted, Phoenix isn't Buffalo, but at the time, everywhere was booming around the outskirts and suburbs of the city, and the neighboring cities of Scottsdale and Tempe, and absolutely zero was happening in downtown.

One guy changed all that, and Pegula could do it in Buffalo.

B-)

:lol: You have seen the light sir

If seeing the light means realizing that this guy puts a negative spin on everything related to the Bills staying in Buffalo to the point where it's comedic and I can't even tell if he's trolling, then yes, I saw the light about two months ago.