Pegula sells land for $1.75 Billion, Will Bid on Bills!

+1. Lucas Oil has the perfect stadium, IMO.

Dallas for me. Covers the fans but not the players. Let them play in the elements. Let is sit comfortably. Add a crap ton of those heaters and were all set.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A copy of Lucas Oil Stadium would be fantastic.

While that sounds decent, WNY can fully expect the new stadium to be a retractable roof stadium with it's own, unique, signature design.

While were speaking on this subject, a little birdie says that a new stadium with other invested projects in the downtown corridor call for a certain state agency to step in on a signature bridge stalemate that has developed.

Expect the 2 projects to be linked, just a fan speculating ;)

Though Pegula is "leaning" toward making a bid, he's not yet preparing one. That would be the next step in the process but, I'm told, it would be a big stretch to suggest he's gone that far down that road.

jw

Thanks John.

In your opinion, who do you feel (at this time) is the most serious and realistic potential bidder?

CBF

Though Pegula is "leaning" toward making a bid, he's not yet preparing one. That would be the next step in the process but, I'm told, it would be a big stretch to suggest he's gone that far down that road.

jw

Would that be because the valuation of the team hasn't been determined yet?

jw

I wouldn't think anyone is preparing a bid until they see the financial paperwork, and at this point it's just a lot of "potential" bidders lining up their finances and waiting for the report from the team's lawyers.

yeah, it would be foolish to actually "prepare" the bid before the valuation IMO.

If Pegula is truly in the ring, I believe our only real threat is Rogers bidding or backing BJ and MLSE's bid and dropping stupid money. Rogers is worth almost $8 Billion

jw

I wouldn't think anyone is preparing a bid until they see the financial paperwork, and at this point it's just a lot of "potential" bidders lining up their finances and waiting for the report from the team's lawyers.

Exactly. I mean, how could they make or even prepare a bid before seeing the financials. We are talking about a billion-dollar-ish investment here :)

It is encouraging to hear that he is serious about it though.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Never been to Dallas. It sounds like quite the specimen.

I've only flown over it on my way west. It sits next to the Rangers ball park. Cowboys stadium makes that ball park look like a lego set in comparison. Even from up in the air it was a massive structure.

Thanks John.

In your opinion, who do you feel (at this time) is the most serious and realistic potential bidder?

CBF

too early to say. Pegula will be among the front-runners if he elects to make a bid. expecting at least one other big name (out of towner, likely) to emerge that has yet to be mentioned.

jw

too early to say. Pegula will be among the front-runners if he elects to make a bid. expecting at least one other big name (out of towner, likely) to emerge that has yet to be mentioned.

jw

Do tell!!!

the release of the valuation is a mere formality. talks and discussions have been going on well before Morgan Stanley releases the "book" on the Bills. the key is getting on the list of prospective candidates. and no one, to my knowledge, can say who is or isn't on that list as of yet.

jw

the release of the valuation is a mere formality. talks and discussions have been going on well before Morgan Stanley releases the "book" on the Bills. the key is getting on the list of prospective candidates. and no one, to my knowledge, can say who is or isn't on that list as of yet.

jw

Thanks John