Pegula sells land for $1.75 Billion, Will Bid on Bills!

too early to say. Pegula will be among the front-runners if he elects to make a bid. expecting at least one other big name (out of towner, likely) to emerge that has yet to be mentioned.

jw

Do you ever hear the name Jeremy Gundlach? He's a LA fund manager who's from WNY originally. He was quoted a few years ago as being interested in owning the Bills. Worth just under $2B.

On the topic of a stadium, UB could move their games to a downtown stadium. That's 6 more days of usage.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you ever hear the name Jeremy Gundlach? He's a LA fund manager who's from WNY originally. He was quoted a few years ago as being interested in owning the Bills. Worth just under $2B.

On the topic of a stadium, UB could move their games to a downtown stadium. That's 6 more days of usage.

This is a very interesting topic and I hope that once the financials are released and things move into the actual bidding phase that there is transparency in the process. I doubt there will be because for the parties involved I would imagine that would be a giant pain with no benefit, but for us it would be a terrific view into a process most sports fans never get to see.

In more ways then many here will ever realize. As I "speculated" for a while now, there is more here at stake than just a couple of sports franchises. There is much more to come. And not just Pegula, other power brokers are in as well with the overall region. Look where Paladino positioned himself. As I speculated, look beyond just the obvious sports situation, there is a bigger picture developing for WNY. Its a Hopeful Future :)

I'm not entirely sure about what you mean by "for a while now", and I'm certainly not on a witch hunt or anything, but I thought I remembered a drastically different tune from you recently...

I posted aways back on this. I think many fans, many of them, are blinded by their emotions on this. A new stadium here doesn't make a whole lot of sense given the economics of the area. We are the 3rd poorest city in America on the last list formed. Schumer or other political nonsense that people point to is ridiculous. This is going to be a business decision pure and simple.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/168129-to-shed-some-light-on-the-whole-new-stadium-thing/page__st__40#entry3146218

I'm sure this has been asked 30 times already in this thread but don't want to read 21 pages ---- isn't there a restriction on Pegula owning both the Bills and Sabres?

If you're sure it's been asked 30 times in 21 pages, wouldn't you only have to read about 1 page to see the answer? :nana: