Pegula sells land for $1.75 Billion, Will Bid on Bills!

A REALLY stupid part of the NFL bylaws, which no one to my knowledge has ever been able to fully explain, is that while an owner cannot own an NHL team in a different market, he CAN own three teams in two markets, which cancel the other two out.

So Pegular could buy, say, the Charlotte Bobcat Hornets or the Cincinnati Reds, and still own the Bills and Sabres.

But he'd still have to sell the Bandits, right?

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he'd still have to sell the Bandits, right?

Right. That goes without saying. You cannot own the lacrosse team. It has something to do with La Crosse Wisconsin and the people of the city owning the team which the NFL outlawed years ago, and is now known as "The Rand Paul Rule" which no one can explain because he was born in Pittsburgh, lived in Texas and is the Senator of Kentucky.

Right. That goes without saying. You cannot own the lacrosse team. It has something to do with La Crosse Wisconsin and the people of the city owning the team which the NFL outlawed years ago, and is now known as "The Rand Paul Rule" which no one can explain because he was born in Pittsburgh, lived in Texas and is the Senator of Kentucky.

It's amazing how many times I've overlooked the Rand Paul Rule when analyzing these ownership scenarios. It doesn't factor in the Rochester Americans, however -- since El Pegaul is Mexican, would that still be allowed?

:sick: I get what mrags is saying, but Jerrah's World is not the place to emulate. It is a sterile environment and so cavernous that sound is swallowed up.

i know you said you know what I was getting at. But let me explain anyway. I don't want a dome feel to the stadium. Open air with the fans covered is what I have in mind. Maybe Seattle is a better example.

I love you guys!

you love me how? Like uncle Todd???

Please mommy, don't make me go to uncle Todd's again. I don't like it there.

Hey fellas, quick question: won't Pegula be prevented from buying the Bills since he already owns the Sabres?

:bag:

Furthermore, what is to stop him from taking advantage of the easy-peasy $400,000 buyout written into the lease and moving the team to Penn State.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Furthermore, what is to stop him from taking advantage of the easy-peasy $400,000 buyout written into the lease and moving the team to Penn State.

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not the Pennsylvania Bills

thanks mrags

no problem. Anytime.

Wait -- not a dome? Why not?

I'm all for a dome.

True story, in my younger days we were taking a road trip through that area on our way to NYC and a girl in the car saw a sign that said Mexico 5 miles --> and she got really confused and said "woah, I thought Mexico was farther away than that. Why does everyone fly there then?" :cry::doh::wallbash:

Pic or it didn't happen.

DO you think El Pegual would move Penn State to Hamilton?

Can El Pegual Gordo own both the Hamilton Bills of College Park and the Sabres? Now we're talking international, multi-jurisdictional matters. The tax returns would be ridiculous.