Pegula sells land for $1.75 Billion, Will Bid on Bills!

agree with this 1,000,000%

I ised to love downtown. Right on Linwood near Allen. It's been almost 10 years and took me moving to Vegas and back but it is finally moving.

I too believe with all the things happening along the harbor that we are on the verge. Instead of being talked about like a red headed stepchild, were a few years away and a few more projects from being on the rise.

I was just downtown last night for dinner at Gabriel's Gate for fish fry and wings (everyone out of town can be jealous now) and after we walked down to the harbor. It was a cool night and there was still quite a few people out enjoying the boardwalk there. Then on our way out of the city we drove down Elmwood and wow!!! I've never seen it so busy other than 11pm on a Friday or Saturday night. It took us forever to get through all the traffic. All the small shops, bars, cafés along Elmwood were packed. People spilling out into the street. But hey, I'm side someone will argue that's not downtown and it means nothing because it's not 2 blocks away from City Hall. Get over it people. Downtown and the City of Buffalo isn't NYC. But with the sorrow don't suburbs, there is life. It's getting better. Livelier. Anyone who doesn't love here has no idea other than what their friends tell them.

Buffalo is on the up. It is my opinion that Pegula will purchase the team and with the funding from Jacobs and possibly Galisano and anyone else about to get richer, they will find a stadium with minimal tax dollars. Completely rejuvenating downtown Buffalo. Giving people reason to be there more in every season. The state will be put to work with the task of creating more transportation and highway infrastructure to and from. My guess is that the subway will have more stops. Possibly branching off to places like the airport, and UB North Campus along with possibly Niagara Falls Blvd near Bailey/Sheridan/Maple. Possibly using the light rail system that was previously in use connecting points in the city including the Central Terminal.

Buffalo is on the rise. Believe it or don't. We will see in about 10-15 years.

dont post this kind of optimistic stuff on PPP, you'll get crucified...

I had a couple beers at this place last night: http://www.resurgencebrewing.com/

Cool spot.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, mrags get your positivity out of here!! There is no place for hope when you can have pitchforks! Check out this beaut that I found when searching for something today: http://forums.twobil...__fromsearch__1

That ought to knock everyone down a few pegs. The sky really is falling!!

Jeez, that thread makes 'Leaving Las Vegas' look like a light-hearted comedy. And I felt like slitting my wrists after watching that flick.

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah, mrags get your positivity out of here!! There is no place for hope when you can have pitchforks! Check out this beaut that I found when searching for something today: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/164118-call-ralphs-bluff/page__fromsearch__1

A few pegs or a few tpegs?

Yeah, mrags get your positivity out of here!! There is no place for hope when you can have pitchforks! Check out this beaut that I found when searching for something today: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/164118-call-ralphs-bluff/page__fromsearch__1

that post made me sick. I'm guessing the OP. Feels like a POS now. Or just an idiot that doesn't know what he's talking about. But hey, it's not all over, we could still lose the team to some Martian city within the next few months.

I ised to love downtown. Right on Linwood near Allen. It's been almost 10 years and took me moving to Vegas and back but it is finally moving.

I too believe with all the things happening along the harbor that we are on the verge. Instead of being talked about like a red headed stepchild, were a few years away and a few more projects from being on the rise.

I was just downtown last night for dinner at Gabriel's Gate for fish fry and wings (everyone out of town can be jealous now) and after we walked down to the harbor. It was a cool night and there was still quite a few people out enjoying the boardwalk there. Then on our way out of the city we drove down Elmwood and wow!!! I've never seen it so busy other than 11pm on a Friday or Saturday night. It took us forever to get through all the traffic. All the small shops, bars, cafés along Elmwood were packed. People spilling out into the street. But hey, I'm side someone will argue that's not downtown and it means nothing because it's not 2 blocks away from City Hall. Get over it people. Downtown and the City of Buffalo isn't NYC. But with the sorrow don't suburbs, there is life. It's getting better. Livelier. Anyone who doesn't love here has no idea other than what their friends tell them.

Buffalo is on the up. It is my opinion that Pegula will purchase the team and with the funding from Jacobs and possibly Galisano and anyone else about to get richer, they will find a stadium with minimal tax dollars. Completely rejuvenating downtown Buffalo. Giving people reason to be there more in every season. The state will be put to work with the task of creating more transportation and highway infrastructure to and from. My guess is that the subway will have more stops. Possibly branching off to places like the airport, and UB North Campus along with possibly Niagara Falls Blvd near Bailey/Sheridan/Maple. Possibly using the light rail system that was previously in use connecting points in the city including the Central Terminal.

I saw your post and this article within minutes of each other... I was home last summer and everyone was telling me Buffalo was booming. My younger cousin just graduated from Syracuse and got a job at a PR firm in the Larkin Square area. She mentioned that a lot of young professionals a re choosing to move to, or in some cases stay (UB is obviously pretty big) in Bflo after they graduate instead of going to NYC because they can't feasibly live there. She said Buffalo is becoming a really popular place for young people. I would not be at all surprised to see any of the things mentioned above start happening.

Bidding wars and big prices: Buffalo real estate is red hot

http://www.buffalone...ed-hot-20140614

Edited by YoloinOhio

I saw your post and this article within minutes of each other... I was home last summer and everyone was telling me Buffalo was booming. My younger cousin just graduated from Syracuse and got a job at a PR firm in the Larkin Square area. She mentioned that a lot of young professionals a re choosing to move to, or in some cases stay (UB is obviously pretty big) in Bflo after they graduate instead of going to NYC because they can't feasibly live there. She said Buffalo is becoming a really popular place for young people. I would not be at all surprised to see any of the things mentioned above start happening.

They should target the young, hipster market--lots of blue collar, industrial wannabes down here in New York, especially Brooklyn's hipper parts. These days, with electronic media, a move to a new city isn't quite as scary as it used to be for the young and intrepid. No reason that Buffalo and WNY can't benefit from that.

In fact, a college friend who now lives in SF and is an architect/urban planner (and hipster back in the day) visited the B'Lo last week for a conference and was raving on FB about the city and its beauty and potential....

The thing is the bad news (more layoffs, etc.) used to outnumber the good news story by wide margins. And, now it seems the good news story have turned the tables.

There was an article yesterday about 17,000 jobs in the Medical Corridor.

Downtown and the waterfront understandably get a lot of attention for the development in those areas. But to buttress the points you made in your excellent commentary I have included these two Buffalo News articles that show that positive activity is happening in all areas of the city. Without a doubt the momentum for the city has shifted upward. Talk has turned into action. It's good to see.

http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/donn-esmonde/a-buffalo-guys-faith-is-finally-rewarded-20140614

http://www.buffalonews.com/business/real-estate/bidding-wars-and-big-prices-buffalo-real-estate-is-red-hot-20140614

What happens when everyone agrees here? Is it the end?

Then TBD shuts down. Check the ToS you accepted when you signed up.

Seriously though, the overwhelming and uncharacteristically positive feelings in this thread, plus Wawrow's cautionary words up thread make me worry Pegula is exactly what's not going to happen.

[/b]

Downtown and the waterfront understandably get a lot of attention for the development in those areas. But to buttress the points you made in your excellent commentary I have included these two Buffalo News articles that show that positive activity is happening in all areas of the city. Without a doubt the momentum for the city has shifted upward. Talk has turned into action. It's good to see.

http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/donn-esmonde/a-buffalo-guys-faith-is-finally-rewarded-20140614

http://www.buffalonews.com/business/real-estate/bidding-wars-and-big-prices-buffalo-real-estate-is-red-hot-20140614

i read in the paper a few days ago that they are possibly going to use the (please forgive me because I don't know the name) old railway that was supposed to do a circuit in and around the city. I believe the Larkin district and the Central Terminal were places of connection.

This is huge. They made it sound like the footprint is there for it to be brought back. With a new stadium downtown somewhere this would be huge in getting it up and running again. Add a few more stops. Somehow link it in with the subway system. Somehow add additional subway stips at the airport. UB north. The 90/290 split at the tolls. Maybe even go as far as to extend it to NF and were in business. All the makings of a big city subway system that takes you to multiple destinations and not just 1 line down Main Street.

Please enough with the Hammer.

Torontonians wouldn't be caught dead there.

Hamilton is growing. There's a new Canadian Tire being built and a Beer Store. Not to mention infrastructure upgrades. Revisit this thread and leave props when it is announced.

Not necessarily, that is at the discretion of the owner of the stadium, which is Erie County. They make the call. But, a wink and a nod along with a lengthy written contract would be considered the norm.

Yes, it is a solid connection, but they won't be the only ones involved over all. There's additional infrastructure upgrades to traffic flows, development of parking around a stadium and various other projects that would be part and parcel of any situation like this if the stadium site is chosen closer to the population center of the region. And that is very possible.

Think of parties such as Benderson Developers, Paladino Construction and the local Union halls for skilled trades on the development side, and think longer term here, 5 to 10 years beyond the stadium construction, as these projects would come in smaller waves.

As I keep saying, there is a great deal more here than meets the eye.

Not necessarily, that is at the discretion of the owner of the stadium, which is Erie County. They make the call. But, a wink and a nod along with a lengthy written contract would be considered the norm.

Yes, it is a solid connection, but they won't be the only ones involved over all. There's additional infrastructure upgrades to traffic flows, development of parking around a stadium and various other projects that would be part and parcel of any situation like this if the stadium site is chosen closer to the population center of the region. And that is very possible.

Think of parties such as Benderson Developers, Paladino Construction and the local Union halls for skilled trades on the development side, and think longer term here, 5 to 10 years beyond the stadium construction, as these projects would come in smaller waves.

As I keep saying, there is a great deal more here than meets the eye.

I live in Va now and am considering a move back to Buffalo if some professional opportunities work out. It's amazing where the city and eve my hometown of Hamburg have done in the 10 years since I had to leave. It just energizes me to want to be apart of the renaissance that seems just to be rolling in front and behind the curtain.

GO BILLS!!!

No, Jacobs would not own it. There are certain guarantees made to parties that put up the capitol necessary. And there is no promises his money will be accepted either, but, the option does exist.

You have to be NEVERGIVEUP who could be Polancarz, Higgins, Jeremy Jr, Terry Pegula, or if my belief is true God is a Bills fan...the man himself.

Just Sayin'

i read in the paper a few days ago that they are possibly going to use the (please forgive me because I don't know the name) old railway that was supposed to do a circuit in and around the city. I believe the Larkin district and the Central Terminal were places of connection.

This is huge. They made it sound like the footprint is there for it to be brought back. With a new stadium downtown somewhere this would be huge in getting it up and running again. Add a few more stops. Somehow link it in with the subway system. Somehow add additional subway stips at the airport. UB north. The 90/290 split at the tolls. Maybe even go as far as to extend it to NF and were in business. All the makings of a big city subway system that takes you to multiple destinations and not just 1 line down Main Street.

From a planning and visionary standpoint the biggest mistake NYS made was building the main UB campus in the suburb, Amherst. I thinkthe mistake has by consensus been recognized. The medical school is going to be located downtown in close proximity to the medical coorridor. As the critical mass of development and residency occurs downtown transportation decisions, rail lines, buses etc will be made to accelerate the pace of growth.

The developers in the area are getting projects done. Developers such as Rocco Termini and Paladino (not a fan of his pugnacious style)are are tough minded businessmen who are investing in the community and the future because they believe it will be profitable. That in itself is a good sign.

A lot of people are very critical of the city government. It very often gets ridiculed. However, the one thing that it has done that it doesn't get credit for is not standing in the way and hindering projects from getting started and completed. One developer, Hamster, praised the city of Buffalo as being a welcoming Mecca for projects while scathingly criticizing Niagra Falls, city and county, for sabotaging efforts of developers.

I'm a Terry Pegula fan not so much as he is a benevolent owner of sport???? franchises. It is what he is doing as a developer. He is taking the initiative to invest his money in projects that serve the community and in the end will make him a ton of money. More power to him.

If he can win the bid for the football franchise I see future projects spinning off of the team (multi-purpose facility} that will accelerate the development of the downtown and waterfront area.

The best indication that the momentum has turned is when a number of smaller projects are getting done by a number of people. An example of that is this restaurant project by Termini in an area of town that is increasingly being populated.

http://buffalorising.com/2014/03/termini-plans-genesee-street-restaurant/

Edited by JohnC