Pegula sells land for $1.75 Billion, Will Bid on Bills!

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if El Pegual can own the Sabres and the Bills? Seems like a pertinent question.

The sooner that this question is answered, the better. Been up too many nights wondering about this.

This has been answered several times in various threads.

Current NFL ownership regulations allow team owners to control more than one sports franchise — as long as both are in the same city or region.

http://www.sportingn...bs-terry-pegula

So yes, Pegula can own the Bills whereas Jacobs cannot (without selling the Bruins anyway).

Edited by CodeMonkey

Does anyone know if El Pegual can own the Sabres and the Bills? Seems like a pertinent question.

Only if the team he owns now finished in 30th and the one he would like to buy has not made the playoffs in 14 years.

I understand that he can own the Bills and the Sabres, but can he own the Sabres AND the Bills?

Yes.

jw

This has been answered several times in various threads.

http://www.sportingn...bs-terry-pegula

So yes, Pegula can own the Bills whereas Jacobs cannot (without selling the Bruins anyway).

Jeremy Jacobs Sr. can't own the Bills and the Bruins. But his sons can divest themselves of the Bruins and own the Bills, as happened with the Kronke family's cross-ownership of the Rams and Avalanche. That said, the Jacobs are less interested in getting involved in NFL ownership because of league rules regarding ties to gambling holdings, which the Jacobs have through Delaware North.

jw

Jauronimo knows this and just keeps trolling about it. It's no longer funny, if it ever was. And, just keeps mucking up serious threads.

This thread was seriously an abortion before I began participating. Serious conversation ended on page 3. Since then the cycle has simply repeated ten times since newcomers refuse to read page 1. The only redeeming value of this thread, at this point, is parody.

Edited by Jauronimo

This thread was seriously an abortion before I began participating. Serious conversation ended on page 3. Since then the cycle has simply repeated ten times since newcomers refuse to read page 1.

I'm not going to read 32 pages to figure it out, but I bet you added 5 pages at least with your stupid question over and over.

If this is the "official Pegula thread" - then it's probably the most important one ever on this board.

But, just keep asking that - and adding another page at a time of somebody who you "got" answering your question. It's hilarious!

I'm not going to read 32 pages to figure it out, but I bet you added 5 pages at least with your stupid question over and over.

If this is the "official Pegula thread" - then it's probably the most important one ever on this board.

But, just keep asking that - and adding another page at a time of somebody who you "got" answering your question. It's hilarious!

I gotta say, I'm really amused by it, because I'm sick of people asking all the time. In realistically, all he is doing is bumping the question for those who are too lazy to read.

This thread was seriously an abortion before I began participating. Serious conversation ended on page 3. Since then the cycle has simply repeated ten times since newcomers refuse to read page 1. The only redeeming value of this thread, at this point, is parody.

and yet, you actually don't help things here by muddling the topic by contributing to the end of serious discussion. ummm, good for you?

jw

5 pages? It's always 3 pages. Every time I've seen Jauronimo ask stupid questions, he's gone on for three pages. Not five. Three pages is typical.

And I'm literally being figurative about this. Literally.

Exactly. So at most I account for 5 of the 32 pages of the same cycle of Q & A. Why didn't you care after 10 such pages, or 20, or 25? Why is 27 the magic number?

Is this the official El Pegual thread?

It is hilarious. Glad we agree.

I encourage you to make use of the search function. This topic has been broached numerous times, and the board unanimously agrees that no, he can not.

Bumping my earnest ? to jw that got buried by el pegual and dual ownership ?s: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/168379-pegula-sells-land-for-175-billion-will-bid-on-bills/page__st__560#entry3156586

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:33 AM

snapback.pngjohn wawrow, on 12 June 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

actually, you are right. my mistake there. that said, he still didn't pocket the entire amount.

jw

Are you sure about that? I don't mean that in a sarcastic tone, just wondering why independent reports say Pegula sold 75,000 acres for $1.75 billion, and McClendon bought 75,000 acres for $1.75 billion.

I'm assuming the "unnamed private company" is HG Energy, which shares addresses, contact info, and management tied to Pegula. Plus the respective acreages line up.