RD1, Pick #4: WR Sammy Watkins - Clemson

Other than getting sacked in 0.8 seconds. As long as he doesn't get hurt I guess it's ok.

Set at 3 positions on the line, and feel they got a starter at a 4th this year..... And can add a rt still

Alright...now that I have calmed down down for a moment.

And now that I am resisting the twitch of Mike Evans going #7

Watkins better motherf*cking own it. This year. This F*cking year. That seems rational, right?

It does, but, remember...it's all about the QB.

I find it funny how people complain the Bills don't take chances, it's the same old same old, they finally get bold and people complain. there's no pleasing some of you, obviously.

Totally agree too many negative Nancy's, that piss and moan about everything.

Have a little faith!

there's way too many negative Nancys on this board we just got a f****** stud player, who cares what the f*** we gave up.

We haven't been to the f****** playoffs in 15 years get over it

+1 if you give up picks it needs to be for a dynamic kid like this wtf is wrong with you guys

I hate what we gave up, hate that Cleveland got such a good deal (though they shouldn't have selected gilbert), but love Sammy. Overall I'm not exactly thrilled with the king's ransom.

I hope we take offensive line the rest of the draft. EJ is !@#$ED without a new RT and LG.

No clue why people are comparing Watkins to Spiller. Watkins is a physical WR who doesn't shy away from contact. The guy breaks tackles and uses his hands off the line of scrimmage to beat the press. He's not huge but he's not small - he's 6'1". How does he compare to Spiller exactly? Because he's fast? That's the depth of analysis here?

He's a fast guy from Clemson, not just another fast guy. Plus the Bills originally had the #9 pick in the draft the year they selected each of them. I think it's clear to everyone that they're identical.

Great player but IMO gave up too much. Time will tell but would've rather saved draft picks. Should've gone OT round 1 than either WR, TE round 2. That would've preserved pick for next year. Hope Whaley knows best.

GO BILLS!

I think people would be more accepting of this trade had it been next years 2nd and not our 1st rounder in 2015. However, Watkins was identified as one of the elite players in this draft class and we got him. I hope we can swing a decent deal for Stevie. I would take a higher round pick in next yrs draft to make up for what we gave up.

ctored in.

More importantly, how do you know we are picking 9th next year? I expect our pick to be in the 20's

It was a GOOD trade

That is exactly what the Islanders were thinking when they traded for Vanek.

Great player but IMO gave up too much. Time will tell but would've rather saved draft picks. Should've gone OT round 1 than either WR, TE round 2. That would've preserved pick for next year. Hope Whaley knows best.

GO BILLS!

I couldn't agree more.

I'm truly wondering if Whaley has an IQ that's much above 100 at this point, quite seriously.

IMO he just sealed his and Marrone's fates. I guess we can start looking forward to the "rebuild" in 2016.

Surprise, surprise, the natural born haters of this board remain consistent. Who was the pick, then?

The speed that we now have at the WR position is off the chain! I applaud the courage and there is plenty of time and opportunity to recoup some of this compensation. I'd have to say that it's good bye Stevie at one time or another. Don't think that Buffalo is done tonight, they never touched any of this year's picks, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the Bills didn't put together another package with this year's picks to get back into the bottom of the 1st rd for someone like OT Cyrus Kouandjio or maybe even that TE Jace Amaro. The Panthers could be a good trade partner at #28, that's where Stevie could be a part of the compensation.

Watkins is the BEST player in the draft, future Pro Bowler and is totally worth the picks the Bills gave up. Stay put at #9, stay put in the standings. When the Bills make the playoffs this year, nobody will care about the 2015 1st round pick.

Draft value chart does not factor in the key factor. This is a very deep draft and by all accounts, next years draft is going to be lean with all the early entries. Next years mid to late first (hoping the Bills make the playoffs) talent could be a 2nd rounder this year. Not a fan of giving up prime picks but sometimes it is worth it. Stevie, if he stays, will thrive in the slot. That is his natural position.

Bills History with round 1 WR's has some similarities to today...

1983, Round 1 / Pick 19: Perry Tuttle, WR, Clemson

1979, Round 1 / Pick 5: Jerry Butler, WR, Clemson

Tuttle was picked in 1982. Our first-rounders in 1983 were Tony Hunter and Jim Kelly.

If we can get Jawaun James in round 2 and Niklas in round 3, OMG.

I'm happy with any combo of OT/TE, unless there is a surprising talent remaining on the board when it's our turn.

I was thinking ASJ in round 2 and Cameron Fleming in round 3.

Interesting fact: The last time the Bills took a WR in the top 5 was Jerry Butler, also of Clemson, in 1979. Butler now works in the Brown's FO.

Butler was dynamic!! 10 for 255 and two TDs in his Bills' debut vs the Jets IIRC.