RD1, Pick #4: WR Sammy Watkins - Clemson

HOW AND THE HECK IS THIS A GOOD DEAL ?????

WE GOT FLEECED:

#4 - 1800 POINTS

#9 - 1350 POINTS

#9 - 1350 POINTS

4TH - 100 POINTS

total - 2800 POINTS

That scale is dumb...one, it doesn't take in consideration of the QUALITY of this draft versus next years. This draft is one of the deepest in years. Next years first quite possibly could be only 15- 20 picks higher in a weaker class. We got an ELITE prospect as well...something else not factored in.

More importantly, how do you know we are picking 9th next year? I expect our pick to be in the 20's

It was a GOOD trade

Edited by Alphadawg7

love this move. i am really happy about the bills keeping the rest of their draft this year. going into next year, i know i don't have a number 1, so i am cool with that. just go get us some players to go with him the next couple days.

Edited by swnybillsfan

HOW AND THE HECK IS THIS A GOOD DEAL ?????

WE GOT FLEECED:

#4 - 1800 POINTS

#9 - 1350 POINTS

#9 - 1350 POINTS

4TH - 100 POINTS

total - 2800 POINTS

You're assuming they will finish the same position next year. Whaley is betting different.

That scale is dumb...one, it doesn't take in consideration of the QUALITY of this draft versus next years. This draft is one of the deepest in years. Next years first quite possibly could be only 15- 20 picks higher in a weaker class. We got an ELITE prospect as well...something else not factored in.

It was a GOOD trade

That and he doesn't realize that picks a year later are devalued by a round. The Bills are giving up the 2014 equivalent of a 2nd and 5th round pick.

Essentially this move is putting a huge bet on 2014. If they make the playoffs and the 2015 pick ends up in the 20s, it's probably worth it. If they have a losing record, probably not.

How about Cleveland....two firsts in both 2014 and 2015?? They are going to build something there.

IDK, they had 2 picks in 2012 and both those players aren't on the team anymore...