RD1, Pick #4: WR Sammy Watkins - Clemson

I don't, and I'm not a shamed to say so. There will be other good receivers in this draft without a doubt. Meanwhile, we have no first round pick in 2015.

The above is not to say that Watkins will not be good or even great!!! He might just be. And he might play SOOOO well that he will change my mind. I sure hope so but it's asking a lot at that price.

The Browns will probably take that pick next year and need to draft a WR, who likely won't be as good as Sammy, because now they still need one.

The Browns will probably take that pick next year and need to draft a WR, who likely won't be as good as Sammy, because now they still need one.

There is no reason for me to care about the Browns. I care about what is best for the Buffalo Bills to win football games and build a strong, winning franchise. Making the playoffs would be cool too, dontcha think?

We might not even have a good quarterback, and Buffalo is not really a coveted place for free agents. And, football players do get injured, no? I have been through ill advised draft picks before as a Bills Fan. It's not an unfamiliar road. Players such as Gilmore, Spiller, Maybin, McKelvin, and Whitner come to mind. In this instance, we traded UP for a wideout with big time questions at QB.

I hope that it works, and please don't let me stop you from loving the situation. But from where I sit I am looking at second string management trying to hold on to their jobs, which imo they will all lose.

Let's hope I'm wrong.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no reason for me to care about the Browns. I care about what is best for the Buffalo Bills to win football games and build a strong, winning franchise. Making the playoffs would be cool too, dontcha think?

We might not even have a good quarterback, and Buffalo is not really a coveted place for free agents. And, football players do get injured, no? I have been through ill advised draft picks before as a Bills Fan. It's not an unfamiliar road. Players such as Gilmore, Spiller, Maybin, McKelvin, and Whitner come to mind. In this instance, we traded UP for a wideout with big time questions at QB.

I hope that it works, and please don't let me stop you from loving the situation. But from where I sit I am looking at second string management trying to hold on to their jobs, which imo they will all lose.

Let's hope I'm wrong.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with all this, and hope that I'm wrong, too!

Let's hope I'm wrong.

Interesting take... the only name on there I think was an ill-advised pick was Maybin.

Let's hope I'm wrong.

I will do just that . Edited by 3rdand12

Let's hope I'm wrong.

Where do I start with this?

- This is what happens when you draft a 1st round QB....the plan they are following makes logical sense

- Everyone one of those players you mentioned were "sit on the pick and draft" guys......we didnt move up to get those players.....if anything what we should expect is more of the same if we didnt change our draft strategy

I LOVE what they did.....Watkins is special.....he can make a QB look VERY good

Where do I start with this?

- This is what happens when you draft a 1st round QB....the plan they are following makes logical sense

- Everyone one of those players you mentioned were "sit on the pick and draft" guys......we didnt move up to get those players.....if anything what we should expect is more of the same if we didnt change our draft strategy

I LOVE what they did.....Watkins is special.....he can make a QB look VERY good

I am with you John. You had a chance to get the top player on many team's boards and the best skill player in 4 years. It is ironic that Bill mentions how nice it would be to make the playoffs but worries about a future draft pick. Surely he can't believe that someone that was on the board at 9 would help this team more than Watkins? Watkins is special and when you get a chance to get a special player you do it. He is the type of player that can win a game or two on his own. When you are around .500 every year a two game swing can be the difference in playoffs or not. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Auburn's Sammie Coates in a Browns Jersey would be bad news for other teams in that division.

Coates does'nt have Watkin's explosive speed, but he's quick off the line, catches everything, and knows how to get open.

At 6'2 203 he's wiry and hella strong. Lots can happen between now and then, but I've 'penciled' Coates in as the next badass NFL wide-out. Looking forward to seeing him at Auburn this fall.