Jairus Byrd [was Jarius Byrd]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The chances of Byrd being in Buffalo next year are about zero. He's a jerk, his agent is a bigger jerk and if the Bills franchise him again he'll play less than he did this year due to attitude. That and 10 other teams will want him. That and it's not cool to play in Buffalo. I'd love to be wrong about all of this.

The chances of Byrd being in Buffalo next year are about zero. He's a jerk, his agent is a bigger jerk and if the Bills franchise him again he'll play less than he did this year due to attitude. That and 10 other teams will want him. That and it's not cool to play in Buffalo. I'd love to be wrong about all of this.

No problem, you are.

Thanks for the great analysis!!

What is taking Russ so long to get this done. Pay the man. He had 10 starts and still made the Pro Bowl.

So long? Its February 13th, the season ended less than 2 weeks ago. Russ isn't the only person involved in the negotiations either

You don't justify a players worth because he made the Pro Bowl

Edited by Max997

Yes/Yes/Yes to the first three. If the Bills Franchise him, they will hold all the leverage. The Bills showed Byrd last year that they will willing to let him sit on the bench if he chooses to do that. I just don't about "It is not cool to play in Buffalo". There are 53 players suiting up every Sunday during Fall and early winter at RWS. However, I do undertsand that Byrd might want to move to a WC team and might be stalling any attempt by the Bills to re-sign him by jacking up his request.

The Bills can wipe everything by Franchising him and trading him for a 1st round pick in this years draft or pay him with a contract extension.

Yes/Yes/Yes to the first three. If the Bills Franchise him, they will hold all the leverage. The Bills showed Byrd last year that they will willing to let him sit on the bench if he chooses to do that. I just don't about "It is not cool to play in Buffalo". There are 53 players suiting up every Sunday during Fall and early winter at RWS. However, I do undertsand that Byrd might want to move to a WC team and might be stalling any attempt by the Bills to re-sign him by jacking up his request.

The Bills can wipe everything by Franchising him and trading him for a 1st round pick in this years draft or pay him with a contract extension.

You're not going to get a 1st round pick for him.

You're not going to get a 1st round pick for him.

I'd say mid-late 1st round, or a 2nd and some change would be the likely compensation for Byrd. The Bears, Packers, Bengals, Steelers, and Eagles all have a tremendous need for a safety. Byrd is miles better than any safety in this draft and still young. Why wouldn't a team want a "sure deal" franchise safety with their 1st round pick? Seems logical to me.

I'd say mid-late 1st round, or a 2nd and some change would be the likely compensation for Byrd. The Bears, Packers, Bengals, Steelers, and Eagles all have a tremendous need for a safety. Byrd is miles better than any safety in this draft and still young. Why wouldn't a team want a "sure deal" franchise safety with their 1st round pick? Seems logical to me.

Because you can draft a pretty safe one and pay him peanuts in the late first

Because you can draft a pretty safe one and pay him peanuts in the late first

I get that, but some if these teams have the cap room and the need for a proven, plug and play safety. This safety class is especially weak IMO. All I'm saying is that it is not beyond the rhelm of possibility.

Whoa whoa whoa...stop the clock....

"Franchise safety"? What's nest, "franchise KR"?