Bills hire Jim Schwartz DC, Todd Downing QB coach

FluffHead

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh...like a lot of things with the Bills lately, just hmm... not sure how to feel about this, but at the very least, not an inexperienced college guy. Isn't Downing the QB coach from the Lions too? If your going to steal, might as well do it from the best...

Stafford was a disaster from a mechanic standpoint, but I think a lot of that was him just being lazy...he seems pretty content at here he is career wise...

Hopefully Schwartz isn't planning on bringing the Wide 9 with him...

Raiding the Detroit coaching staff? Shooting pretty low...

If they change to 4-3, how might it effect the draft?

You're going to hear a lot of the "scheme flexibility" and "multiple front" narrative, but in a 43 I would imagine kiko goes to weak side, Lawson plays the Sam and the mike is 43.....kidding....the mike probably isn't on the roster yet

I'm glad it's a guy with a lot of DC experience, and a pretty good one at that. We'll have to see how much change he wants to bring. If he keeps Henderson, perhaps we can keep Byrd.

Think about it, Crossman was Schwartz' special teams coach in Detroit, then left to be with Marrone in Buffalo. I am sure he has kept in contact with him, then when Schwartz lost his job and the openning happened in Buffalo, phones were ringing...

I find the Downing hire a little more puzzling. EJ needs work on mechanics...Downing was the QB coach for the Lions the last two years...Stafford has bad mechanics... hope he can do a better job with Manuel.

^^^^ This

Edited by reed83 4th Rounder