Who are you ready to see go?

161 members have voted

1. 1. Which players are you happy to see go? (In other words, yeah they're good, but aren't going to win games in the long run, and the team has to get better)

• CJ spiller
    • SJ13
    • MD99
    • TJ Graham
    • Bradham
    • Fjax
    • EJ
    • Chandler

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we say coach? I mean there is 1 guy left from NE 1st Super Bowl team in 2001. He's a great player, but there is one guy.

To me it comes down to coaching....period!

This. To be fair, firing a HC after one season is pretty harsh. I'm okay with giving Marrone another shot. But come on...I'm sick of being 4th.

Bradham is the only one worth voting. graham will be a #3 at best next year. Probably #4. Bradfham is still a starter which is pathetic. The rest make depth. I haven't seen enough of Bradham this year to fully say it but I have little hope he will develop further.

If we learned anything about coaching this year with A Williams and McKelvin with the change of coaching to Pettine, it should be that getting a quality coach should be a priority before giving up on a talented player. Get rid of Hackett and get a quality offensive coach and a good QB coach, and see if it helps before giving up on O talent.

Bradham is the only one worth voting. graham will be a #3 at best next year. Probably #4. Bradfham is still a starter which is pathetic. The rest make depth. I haven't seen enough of Bradham this year to fully say it but I have little hope he will develop further.

Dude. Really just get off the Graham defense.

TJ Graham cannot catch the ball with his hands. He has had two years + all of college to learn. He still can't. Depth Wide Receivers are a dime a dozen. It's time to move on. You can't have a WR on the roster for depth that can't 1.) play special teams 2.) CATCH THE BALL! Hello! He can't catch. That's great that he runs nice routes and is a swell guy but you can't trust to throw him the ball because he starts playing dodgeball and loses.

Edited by Why So Serious?

This. To be fair, firing a HC after one season is pretty harsh. I'm okay with giving Marrone another shot. But come on...I'm sick of being 4th.

But in fairness if you count the seasons Greggo was here then this is Marrone's 4th year. Same thing. We know where it leads. Watch him cut the talent, listen to baloney, get sick of it, start over. Let's skip steps one and three and we have already had enough baloney.

Interesting outcome. Fjax is a force. Makes me sad to think what his career could have been if he was given more of a chance earlier on. When I see Bernard Pierce of the ravens run I see a young Freddie.

I could see a scenario for any or many of the list above where they say they're good, but we want great. We want reliable. We want consistant.

We want a Boldin, not a Johnson. We want a bowman, not a Bradham. We want another Kyle not Marcell... We want another Jackson, not a spiller. We want a Pitta , not a chandler.

My favorite recent example of this sentiment was Curtis Martin. Wasn't flashy just ran tough and moved chains. He was going to get you 3-5 yards every carry. Edgerrin James was sort of the same. You don't need to be incredible to be great, just consistant.

Dude. Really just get off the Graham defense.

TJ Graham cannot catch the ball with his hands. He has had two years + all of college to learn. He still can't. Depth Wide Receivers are a dime a dozen. It's time to move on. You can't have a WR on the roster for depth that can't 1.) play special teams 2.) CATCH THE BALL! Hello! He can't catch. That's great that he runs nice routes and is a swell guy but you can't trust to throw him the ball because he starts playing dodgeball and loses.

Lol, he led the NCAA in punt return average in college

If we learned anything about coaching this year with A Williams and McKelvin with the change of coaching to Pettine, it should be that getting a quality coach should be a priority before giving up on a talented player. Get rid of Hackett and get a quality offensive coach and a good QB coach, and see if it helps before giving up on O talent.

No way marrone axes Hackett after this season! Absolutely no way! He re-built the cuse program with him and brought him here. He even applauded the job he did with the qbs - all 4 of them in a span of the preseason and first few weeks. You can forget about Hackett leaving, but I'd bet some loot that a qb coach is hired in short order.

I'm not sure many OCs could have done a better job with 3 QBs that had 1 total game of NFL experience amongst them...

We took some lumps with young QB play, but I'd rather take lumps with young QBs that can get better than with Fitz who was what he was, which wasn't close to good enough

It will be fun to see what everyone says after another year with Marrone at the helm and 5-6 wins. Better give him 3 years though just to be sure before we can really keep the decade and a half rebuilding project going.

If Marrone has another 6 win (or worse) season next year, he has to go. He hasn't done anything in the NFL, or even college for that matter, to give him an obligatory 3/4 years to get it going.

We wanted the arrow to at least point UP this season. The arrow right now is at best, neutral.

Rex Ryan with absolutely NO TALENT on offense still manages to finish 8-8 within the same division. Rex Ryan would get a hell of a lot more out of this roster, IMO.

Marrone has been underwhelming in his first season.

Start a poll on who you would replace these guys with, and how they would make our team better.

I didnt bother voting since they are all mostly starters and some of the best players we have.

I agree that some of those options are just silly. But Graham/Bradham/Chandler are legit options to go/upgrade, IMO.

Which of the players are you ready to see go for something better or different?

I would replace none of them. Marrone is a big boy he needs to find a way to make it work.

This is basically a simple employment situation.

If the you can swap out one of those guys without a net negative cap impact and without using your early picks then you do it if they are a problem.

Simple top-grading.

But in the more likely event that it won't be that easy then you need to make them work for you.

There need to be consequences as well as rewards. The performance of the offense and the special teams this year was unacceptable. It was not just bad QB rookie play. The continued O Line mess( it was not losing Lev that was the problem, it was not getting a legitimate replacement), the selection of WRs from the preseason roster forward to the selection of starting WRs, and the inability to recognize the strengths of CJ and use him properly are also also symptoms of incompetence. There was a total lack of ability to call plays that cater to the skills and abilities of the offensive players we have, rather than trying to fit those players into generic schemes designed for players of other abilities. In other words trying to fit round pegs into square holes, rather than designing plays that use round pegs. Either Marrone should have to man up and admit the weaknesses in his coaching staff, ( Hackett and Crossman) or he should be replaced with someone who will. Standing pat on a bad hand is not acceptable. If Marrone puts personality loyalty above professional judgment, he deserves no place in the NFL.

It will be fun to see what everyone says after another year with Marrone at the helm and 5-6 wins. Better give him 3 years though just to be sure before we can really keep the decade and a half rebuilding project going.

I can promise that, for some of us anyway, it'll be more fun to watch people wallowing in self pity over a football team's win-loss record.

I agree that some of those options are just silly. But Graham/Bradham/Chandler are legit options to go/upgrade, IMO.

I'm interested in seeing what Moecki brings to the table. If he can stay healthy, that would be a huge upgrade over Chandler.

I can promise that, for some of us anyway, it'll be more fun to watch people wallowing in self pity over a football team's win-loss record.

I'm interested in seeing what Moecki brings to the table. If he can stay healthy, that would be a huge upgrade over Chandler.

Me too.