Fredex Delivers.....AGAIN!

dezertbill

Nothing but love today to our workhorse RB Fred Jackson, averaging almost 6 yards a carry, getting his first 100 yard game of the season, and allowing the Bills to control the clock the whole game. Spiller had a decent game as well at almost 4 yards a tote to help the Bills get over 200 yards.

It's performances such as today that proves it's ignorant to think that Jackson is "over the hill" or "has played his last game" for the Bills. He comes up in big games and makes big plays.

The 1-2 punch has rushed for over 1650 yards this season at a 50/50 clip, and Jackson has 6 years on Spiller and STILL averages 4+ yards per carry.

Great numbers for a 32 year old RB and leader of this franchise.

Edited by dezertbill

This was not Fred's last game at the Ralph. He has another year on his contract.

Just hit the "ignore" button bud. Some fans just don't get it. Maybe they can trade Fred, EJ, and Stevie for a....say....6th round pick. I mean...that's all they are really worth...right? I think Tim Euhus' cousin is in the draft.

Championship!

Nothing but love today to our workhorse RB Fred Jackson, averaging almost 6 yards a carry, getting his first 100 yard game of the season, and allowing the Bills to control the clock the whole game. Spiller had a decent game as well at almost 4 yards a tote to help the Bills get over 200 yards.

It's performances such as today that proves it's ignorant to think that Jackson is "over the hill" or "has played his last game" for the Bills. He comes up in big games and makes big plays.

The 1-2 punch has rushed for over 1650 yards this season at a 50/50 clip, and Jackson has 6 years on Spiller and STILL averages 4+ yards per carry.

Yeh, but he may have played his last game at the Ralph. Right!

Ba humbug!

look, not trying to be a grinch, but you've added this thought in a bunch of threads and it hasn't been popular. it is one thing to start a thread and let that discussion stay there or bring it up when it is relevant to the thread of the discussion but you have derailed this thread and another thread with your "kick fred out" campaign.

that's why people are upset and not showing this any tolerance.

People take for granted how shifty Fred is in close quarters. He makes guys miss him in the hole with the most subtle move that freezes defenders.

My favorite thing about him is his burst when he realizes there's nothing there. When the line is stacked up instead of hesitating like Spiller he plants and accelerates into the tiny crack and picks up 2 yards where there were none. It's not spectacular or that noticeable on the stat sheet but there's a difference between gaining 2 yards and gaining none (or losing one) when it comes to down and distance and the plays in the playbook that can be called.

look, not trying to be a grinch, but you've added this thought in a bunch of threads and it hasn't been popular. it is one thing to start a thread and let that discussion stay there or bring it up when it is relevant to the thread of the discussion but you have derailed this thread and another thread with your "kick fred out" campaign.

that's why people are upset and not showing this any tolerance.

The guy is obviously doing it just to get reactions. Best just to ignore him.

The guy is obviously doing it just to get reactions. Best just to ignore him.

Ever since Microscopes I don't take it for granted that people are trolling. Scopes wasn't a troll. he was pressed and pressed until he had no choice but to fire back and it went down hill fast. Maybe this guy is a troll, maybe not. I do not make that decision, I spoke my peace to those who matter and let them make decisions. Perhaps me mentioning something to him will let him see where we are coming from, who knows.

I let the moderators moderate the silly stuff.

I've always been a FredEx fan. It's why I didn't cry when we traded Lynch for a 4th rounder. It's still a crappy trade but it made room for Freddy to get more playing time. Fred got a lot of something out of nothing in years 2009 to 2011. He may be past his prime but he's still an effective back (800 yards at 4.3 ypc as a back up behind a questionable line). And he's a warrior - gaining over 100 yards against the fins with broken ribs. One of my favorite all-time Bills.

Fred is an absolute beast of a player... easily my favorite Bill since the Super Bowl teams. I won't buy his jersey till he retires, because if I did get one he'd be cut tomorrow. :-) But I'd be proud to wear his number. The guy literally epitomizes Bills football.

Fred Jackson is a positive in every sense of the word. He is very talented, tough, hard working, smart, and a team leader. He gets the hard yards, and can make big plays in the red zone.

This is what has allowed a RB from Coe College work his way through NFL Europe, to the Bills active roster, and outplay two high first round picks at RB (lynch and Spiller) during their time in Buffalo.

No idea how much he has left in the tank, but it seems that Fred is the type if man and player who will leave it all on the field when his career is over.

When people down here in ACC land ask me why CJ Spiller doesn't get more touches for the Bills..... I tell them it's because he us not as good as Fred Jackson.

Fred is an absolute beast of a player... easily my favorite Bill since the Super Bowl teams. I won't buy his jersey till he retires, because if I did get one he'd be cut tomorrow. :-) But I'd be proud to wear his number. The guy literally epitomizes Bills football.

I haven't bought his jersey, because I was scared it would somehow mess up his career! Then it would hang with my Bledsoe, Lynch, Puz jerseys.

Yes he does. Or my perception of what i wish the Bills to be. Marrone knows my wishes so its cool.

Fred is the main ingredient on offense

it's funny how night and say it is when Jackson is in the game to when spiller is (or lynch when he was here). Jackson just runs down hill. 4 yds, 4yds, 4 yds, 10 yds, 4 yds....

Great game.

Four yards or better or a first down are bolded:

3rd and 6 at BUF 25 F.Jackson right guard to BUF 34 for 9 yards (R.Jones, P.Wheeler).

1st and 10 at BUF 5 F.Jackson left guard to BUF 10 for 5 yards (P.Wheeler, P.Soliai).

3rd and 1 at BUF 28 F.Jackson up the middle to BUF 28 for no gain (P.Wheeler, K.Misi). Measurement = fourth down.

3rd and 4 at MIA 30 (No Huddle, Shotgun) F.Jackson left tackle to MIA 17 for 13 yards (R.Jones). PENALTY on BUF-C.Hogan, Illegal Motion, 5 yards, enforced at MIA 30 - No Play.

1st and 10 at MIA 33 F.Jackson right tackle to MIA 27 for 6 yards (B.Grimes, J.Odrick).

2nd and 8 at MIA 18 (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Lewis pass short right to F.Jackson to MIA 11 for 7 yards (P.Soliai; B.Grimes). Screen pass, caught at MIA 23.

3rd and 1 at MIA 11 (Shotgun) F.Jackson left guard to MIA 9 for 2 yards (O.Vernon, K.Misi).

1st and 9 at MIA 9 (No Huddle, Shotgun) F.Jackson up the middle for 9 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

1st and 10 at BUF 45 (Shotgun) F.Jackson up the middle to MIA 41 for 14 yards (D.Jordan, Mat.Moore).

1st and 10 at MIA 41 (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Lewis pass short left to F.Jackson to MIA 41 for no gain (P.Wheeler, R.Jones). Screen pass, caught at MIA 43.

1st and 10 at BUF 20 (Shotgun) F.Jackson up the middle to BUF 23 for 3 yards (R.Starks, K.Misi).

2nd and 16 at BUF 35 F.Jackson up the middle to BUF 48 for 13 yards (R.Jones, C.Clemons).

2nd and 10 at BUF 18 F.Jackson up the middle to BUF 22 for 4 yards (P.Soliai, D.Ellerbe).

1st and 10 at BUF 36 (No Huddle, Shotgun) F.Jackson up the middle to BUF 44 for 8 yards (C.Clemons, C.Wake).

2nd and 4 at MIA 21 (No Huddle, Shotgun) F.Jackson left tackle to MIA 8 for 13 yards (J.Wilson, P.Wheeler).

2nd and 5 at MIA 5 F.Jackson up the middle to MIA 3 for 2 yards (D.Shelby).

1st and 10 at MIA 13 (Shotgun) F.Jackson left guard to MIA 7 for 6 yards (C.Wake, D.Ellerbe).

3rd and 2 at MIA 5 (Shotgun) F.Jackson up the middle to MIA 4 for 1 yard (R.Jones, D.Jordan).

3rd and 3 at MIA 10 F.Jackson left guard to MIA 8 for 2 yards (R.Jones, D.Ellerbe).

with broken ribs....heart and soul of this team

Four yards or better or a first down are bolded:

3rd and 6 at BUF 25 F.Jackson right guard to BUF 34 for 9 yards (R.Jones, P.Wheeler).

1st and 10 at BUF 5 F.Jackson left guard to BUF 10 for 5 yards (P.Wheeler, P.Soliai).

3rd and 1 at BUF 28 F.Jackson up the middle to BUF 28 for no gain (P.Wheeler, K.Misi). Measurement = fourth down.

3rd and 4 at MIA 30 (No Huddle, Shotgun) F.Jackson left tackle to MIA 17 for 13 yards (R.Jones). PENALTY on BUF-C.Hogan, Illegal Motion, 5 yards, enforced at MIA 30 - No Play.

1st and 10 at MIA 33 F.Jackson right tackle to MIA 27 for 6 yards (B.Grimes, J.Odrick).

2nd and 8 at MIA 18 (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Lewis pass short right to F.Jackson to MIA 11 for 7 yards (P.Soliai; B.Grimes). Screen pass, caught at MIA 23.

3rd and 1 at MIA 11 (Shotgun) F.Jackson left guard to MIA 9 for 2 yards (O.Vernon, K.Misi).

1st and 9 at MIA 9 (No Huddle, Shotgun) F.Jackson up the middle for 9 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

1st and 10 at BUF 45 (Shotgun) F.Jackson up the middle to MIA 41 for 14 yards (D.Jordan, Mat.Moore).

1st and 10 at MIA 41 (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Lewis pass short left to F.Jackson to MIA 41 for no gain (P.Wheeler, R.Jones). Screen pass, caught at MIA 43.

1st and 10 at BUF 20 (Shotgun) F.Jackson up the middle to BUF 23 for 3 yards (R.Starks, K.Misi).

2nd and 16 at BUF 35 F.Jackson up the middle to BUF 48 for 13 yards (R.Jones, C.Clemons).

2nd and 10 at BUF 18 F.Jackson up the middle to BUF 22 for 4 yards (P.Soliai, D.Ellerbe).

1st and 10 at BUF 36 (No Huddle, Shotgun) F.Jackson up the middle to BUF 44 for 8 yards (C.Clemons, C.Wake).

2nd and 4 at MIA 21 (No Huddle, Shotgun) F.Jackson left tackle to MIA 8 for 13 yards (J.Wilson, P.Wheeler).

2nd and 5 at MIA 5 F.Jackson up the middle to MIA 3 for 2 yards (D.Shelby).

1st and 10 at MIA 13 (Shotgun) F.Jackson left guard to MIA 7 for 6 yards (C.Wake, D.Ellerbe).

3rd and 2 at MIA 5 (Shotgun) F.Jackson up the middle to MIA 4 for 1 yard (R.Jones, D.Jordan).

3rd and 3 at MIA 10 F.Jackson left guard to MIA 8 for 2 yards (R.Jones, D.Ellerbe).

That's just flat out awesome. This when the other team knows you are running too.

Great way for him to go out in front of the home crowd, since it was his last game there................ :lol: