Perspective, Eagles top 3 picks from 2011 are off the team

FireChan

Huh? Aaron Williams is going to be the starting SS for the Bills.

Forgive me if that doesn't breed the utmost confidence in the guy. Two awful seasons at corner, getting picked on whenever he steps on the field, and his first year starting at a position he has never played? That's not exactly promising.

But trust me, if he's good, I'd love it. I'm just not ready for the, "he won the starting job he must be a fantastic player!"

Edited by FireChan

Forgive me if that doesn't breed the utmost confidence in the guy. Two awful seasons at corner, getting picked on whenever he steps on the field, and his first year starting at a position he has never played? That's not exactly promising.

But trust me, if he's good, I'd love it. I'm just not ready for the, "he won the starting job he must be a fantastic player!"

Instead you'll take the "he won the starting job at a new position, so he still sucks!"

It's not like he's making a huge position change. So there is some promise.

http://www.barstools...w-off-the-team/

Danny Watkins, Jaquin Jarrett and Curtis Marsh all gone.

Maybe we aren't the worst drafters ever. Although Aaron Williams might have overstayed his welcome.

Williams has looked like a good safety in preseason so far. I'll wait to see how he does it for real before i bring out the tar and feathers

Maybe not, with Leonard back now. Not sure if Leonard will start, but was in Pettine's defense for a couple years right. So he at least has familiarity with the D and playing in his natural position might give him the leg up....

I feel like the past couple of years we're seeing a turnaround in our draft quality. The past couple of years we've targeted positions of need and seemed to do a pretty good job overall. Time will tell, but I feel a lot better about the direction we're headed.

Your memory fails you. In his rookie season, he hardly played for he first half and was worked in later in the year due to injuries. He actually looked good in his limited opportunities creating much optimism. He obviously struggled last year, but let's not overdo the hyperbole. Most draft observers had him slotted at safety coming out of college. If you can point to some specific failure in that role during the Pre- season speak up.

I heard a really good analysis on Watkins. Reason he was so heavily coveted in school was due to fact he was a 26 year old matching up against true freshmen at 18, 19, and 20 years old max. He came to the NFL and couldn't hack it because, wait for it, he was actually picking on people his own size. To pick him up would be a travesty waiting to happen. Let it pass.

Your memory fails you. In his rookie season, he hardly played for he first half and was worked in later in the year due to injuries. He actually looked good in his limited opportunities creating much optimism. He obviously struggled last year, but let's not overdo the hyperbole. Most draft observers had him slotted at safety coming out of college. If you can point to some specific failure in that role during the Pre- season speak up.

I wish I could bring up some failure in the preseason. Alas, preseason only matters when we look good, but it's meaningless when we look bad, so that's not the place to look for evidence.

The guy looked horrible last year. And draft guys said the CB in college should've been a safety? When's the last time a DB was successful after switching positions?

It's easier for me to swallow Tuel being the next Brady or Warner than Williams turning it around this year.

Edited by FireChan

Um not if the action of bringing in Leonard says anything to the Bills fans ... That sure doesn't look like a vote of confidence in my book !!

And Searcy it seems is not a real good future prospect either , i ain't saying but i'm just saying ...

I wish I could bring up some failure in the preseason. Alas, preseason only matters when we look good, but it's meaningless when we look bad, so that's not the place to look for evidence.

The guy looked horrible last year. And draft guys said the CB in college should've been a safety? When's the last time a DB was successful after switching positions?

It's easier for me to swallow Tuel being the next Brady or Warner than Williams turning it around this year.

You wish you could bring up some failure in the preseason? What the...

Maybe we aren't the worst drafters ever. Although Aaron Williams might have overstayed his welcome.

Hmmm, how are the Iggles doing in their win loss record? Methinks it's the same song: a team that doesn't have their draft picks pan out, will have trouble succeeding

You wish you could bring up some failure in the preseason? What the...

As in I wish I could think of one to support my argument, but I can't remember. C'mon now, I'm still a Bills fan, just not filled with unbridled confidence.

Even if I could bring up a preseason lapse, this board would write it off as "meaningless" so there's no point.

As in I wish I could think of one to support my argument, but I can't remember. C'mon now, I'm still a Bills fan, just not filled with unbridled confidence.

Even if I could bring up a preseason lapse, this board would write it off as "meaningless" so there's no point.

The point is that you don't really have much of an argument if all you can say is "he sucked his first 2 years as a CB" and can't point to evidence of him sucking at SS in pre-season. Not to mention he was playing with Searcy all pre-season, who sucks, and Byrd is infinitely better.

I never get why people feel the need to point out other teams failures like its supposed to make us feel better about the Bills failures

I don't care about other teams and their success or failure

Edited by Max997

Well, everyone who followed the draft for a living said that Aaron Williams was projected to play safety or nickel corner in the NFL based on his measurables and his lack of agility. The Bills of course wanted him to play outside. So do you blame the player or the team.

Williams has looked like a good safety in preseason so far. I'll wait to see how he does it for real before i bring out the tar and feathers

A lot of draft experts said he would be a better safety in NFL as lacked quickness for CB but had size, strenght to be a betre saftey which he played a little on college, I think in his soph year at Texas.

No he didn't and it was the Bills who decided he should be a CB. He's back at his natural position so let's see how it goes. So far so good.

Uh some dude name Byrd that played for the Bills has done ok

Maybe not, with Leonard back now. Not sure if Leonard will start, but was in Pettine's defense for a couple years right. So he at least has familiarity with the D and playing in his natural position might give him the leg up....

Is the Leonard signing indicative of the lack of progress for Dukes and Meeks, our two DB draftees from this years draft?

No he didn't and it was the Bills who decided he should be a CB. He's back at his natural position so let's see how it goes. So far so good.

Even though Safety is perceived as his natural position, Williams played Cornerback back in Texas