Brandon Burton to the Bills

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is funny but I remember people complaining about the Dumpster Diver Bills and other attacks when we picked up this unknown guard from the Steelers' waiver wire a couple of years ago ... now I will admit he was a 3rd round pick but still people were saying who is this Kraig guy whose first name isn't spelled right, Well, Urbik has worked out for the Bills so until I see them on the field ... I'll keep my fingers crossed that we are in a new era with Whaley and the players we discover are treasures rather than rejects.

It is funny but I remember people complaining about the Dumpster Diver Bills and other attacks when we picked up this unknown guard from the Steelers' waiver wire a couple of years ago ... now I will admit he was a 3rd round pick but still people were saying who is this Kraig guy whose first name isn't spelled right, Well, Urbik has worked out for the Bills so until I see them on the field ... I'll keep my fingers crossed that we are in a new era with Whaley and the players we discover are treasures rather than rejects.

The issue is not that we "dumpster dive," but the fact that many of our breakout players come from such a source, and not our draft picks. In aggregate, our talent level would be far higher with better drafting combined with our solid knowledge of the waiver/UDFA wires.

After watching some of his games on youtube (yes I realize that isn't "film") i, I'm not sure whether to be indifferent or underwhelmed. At first glance he seems to have solid speed and hops, but lacks size and physicality that a DB needs in this league.

Good to see the roller coaster is in full swing today.

Burton isn't being brought in to be a full time starter for the Bills, he's a stop gap/developmental players who is s perfect fit for Pettine's system. Pettine's defense is all about distruption and one thing Burton does well is press coverage.

Sometimes a change of scenery makes a huge difference for a player. Any of you riders remember Jim Leonard?

After watching some of his games on youtube (yes I realize that isn't "film") i, I'm not sure whether to be indifferent or underwhelmed. At first glance he seems to have solid speed and hops, but lacks size and physicality that a DB needs in this league.

He's 6' and 190#. That's good size. And he benched 225# 18 times. Decent strength.

I'm a Utah Utes fan(where Burton went to college) so I've seen him. He's an average CB at best in the NFL. He does play smart and had some speed, though I don't know if his speed translates to the NFL. Bills could do worse.

They did with TJ Heath.

I'm a Utah Utes fan(where Burton went to college) so I've seen him. He's an average CB at best in the NFL. He does play smart and had some speed, though I don't know if his speed translates to the NFL. Bills could do worse.

Thanks for your "scouting report!"

The issue is not that we "dumpster dive," but the fact that many of our breakout players come from such a source, and not our draft picks. In aggregate, our talent level would be far higher with better drafting combined with our solid knowledge of the waiver/UDFA wires.

Byrd, Gilmore, Williams,Glenn, Wood, Johnson, Spiller...in fact, weren't at least 17 of the projected 22 starters drafted by the Bills?

Byrd, Gilmore, Williams,Glenn, Wood, Johnson, Spiller...in fact, weren't at least 17 of the projected 22 starters drafted by the Bills?

(shaid in my worsht Sean Connery impuurshinashion) Isn't it just like a billsfan1959... bringing facts to a heresay fight.

Hmm, after looking at the spelling, you'd think he was Sylvestor the Cat or something.

By "breakout," I am referring to the fact that our mid-to-late round picks tend to be abject failures. We don't hit on 4th-7th round draft picks, usually, at a worse rate than most other teams. We're pretty good in the first and second rounds, and get starters there, but we need to draft better later on. Many teams have several starting offensive and defensive linemen from that draft range. We have Kyle Williams as a solid starter from there, and that's it.

5 signed to the PS so far:

Thad Lewis, Izaan Cross, Mark ASPER (he's baaaack!), Jamie Blatnick and Tommy Streeter.

If they got Burton - he's on the 53 man squad.

I believe you're right about Burton. He was on the active roster for 10 games in 2011 which gives him 1 year of accrued service and would be ineligible for the practice squad.

Love it ! $25M in cap space and we are dumpster diving. Way to turn this franchise around Ru$$.

Who would you have them sign? You do realize there aren't stars still sitting in free agency?

Edited by ndirish1978

Love it ! $25M in cap space and we are dumpster diving. Way to turn this franchise around Ru$$.

What do you mean? Don't you know about the "Toronto Initiative?

That anyone still buys a ticket after that annual slap in the face is beyond me. I sure won't. But they keep selling out so the man's an obvious genius.