Bills roster cut down to 50 (-18 then -5 more)

zazie

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had hopes for Sanders too coming out of college too. But reports from camp say he's been struggling mightily. So his release isn't really a surprise.

Yeah, it was becoming routine for Sanders to win Joe B's "LVP" award at camp day after day.

If true that leaves us with: Ron Brooks, Stephon Gilmore, T.J. Heath, Leodis McKelvin, Nickell Robey & Justin Rogers.

Everyone ok with this?

I'd be okay with this if...

* Gilmore was healthy and stayed healthy all season long.

* McKelvin also stayed healthy and, on top of that, learned how to play the ball.

They are talking about this on WGR right now. I think we have to think long-term here. The position we are in sucks and we will probably take our lumps, but we can't make a knee-jerk reaction to our corner situation. We aren't winning the Super Bowl this year, so let's see what's available on the free agent market after Saturday's cuts and see if we can improve there. There's bound to be a cap cup, and I think it's incumbent upon the FO to bring in a guy who can help on the field, even if it means we have to take on a slightly bad contract, we have the cap room.

Heath looked awful. Butler, a little better. We're really scrapping the bottom of the barrel here at QB and CB.

You are exactly right! This is classic bottom of the barrel stuff. The Bills are possibly the worst in the league at linebacker and definitely worst in the league at cornerback. Also, at QB they are currently worst in the league.

And a lot of people around here are still thinking playoffs?

Has there been an official list of cuts from OBD?

No... Chris Brown is getting his info from TBD at the moment...

You are exactly right! This is classic bottom of the barrel stuff. The Bills are possibly the worst in the league at linebacker and definitely worst in the league at cornerback. Also, at QB they are currently worst in the league.

And a lot of people around here are still thinking playoffs?

So should I just not watch football? And when I watch, should I not root for the Bills?

As the great Donte Whitner once said (I may be paraphrasing), if your front seven are As, you can have Bs and Cs in the back and still be a top defense.

I'd give the Bills' front seven a B+/A- (dragged down only by the LBs).

Sounds like Brad Smith will eventually be waived with an injury settlement. Kolb too.

That's what I was thinking, too. Both of them about halfway through the season when they are allegedly healthy. Kolb, of course, may not agree to it if he is not ready to play. Smith would probably catch on somewhere.

That's what I was thinking, too. Both of them about halfway through the season when they are allegedly healthy. Kolb, of course, may not agree to it if he is not ready to play. Smith would probably catch on somewhere.

I'm sure Brad won't be too upset about that. I could certainly be making this up, but his body language throughout the preseason basically said he wasn't very interested.

There appears to be seven players left to be released (or they were we just don't know it yet. From the bills board, here is the updated list...

Released:

Matt Leinart

Crezdon Butler

Zebrie Sanders

Kendall Gaskins

Dorin Dickerson

Keith Pough

Brandon Kaufman

Brian Smith

Kourtnei Brown

Bryan Scott

Jordan Dangerfield