Bills roster cut down to 50 (-18 then -5 more)

zazie

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw a Twitter report that Easley and Hogan made the team, and Brad Smith headed to IR. No confirmation.

Edit: it came from Pat Moran, and he didn't stake his childrens' lives on it -- so it's probably true.

Edited by eball

Just saw a Twitter report that Easley and Hogan made the team, and Brad Smith headed to IR. No confirmation.

Edit: it came from Pat Moran, and he didn't put stake his childrens' lives on it -- so it's probably true.

Sounds good if true, even Brad on IR.

So I'm going to call this a genius move by the Bills. Cut players go on waivers for 24 hours so the Bills players will CLEAR waivers before most teams have made their cuts.

This will allow the Bills to stock their ps with whomever they want from their own cuts. It also will allow them to know what they want and give then time to develop target positions and players.

Basically while the rest of the league is figuring out who to get rid of the Bills will be figuring out who to pick up. I'm thinking this explains Butler and Kaufman (and maybe even darick) being released already.

I doesn't work like that. From the league calendar:
September 1 — Claiming period for players placed on waivers at the final roster reduction will expire at 12:00 p.m., New York time.

Butler to me looked like dog crap all preseason. Bottom line we had a boat load of 3rd stringer to street walkons imho other than Gillmore at CB. We need about 3 Legit CB's brought in and fast. Get on the damn phone, make a trade for someone decent, then pick the waiver wire.

We cannot go into the season with the corners we had last night

Why not? The Bills went into the season, and played it, with the linebackers they had last year. And they may have been the worst group of linebackers to ever step foot on a field.

Edited by John Adams

Why not? The Bills went into the season, and played it, with the linebackers they had last year. And they may have been the worst group of linebackers to ever step foot on a field.

And we were the worst run defense in the NFL.

This year we will be the worst passing defense. At least until Gilmore comes back

CBF