Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

NORTH ATTLEBORO, Mass. -- New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was questioned by police investigating a possible homicide in this town 40 miles south of Boston. A source with knowledge of the investigation said Massachusetts State police spoke to Hernandez on Monday and were interested in possibly searching his home.

Hernandez is not believed to be a murder suspect, according to a source, but a vehicle rented in his name has emerged as a key piece of evidence in the investigation. The Sun Chronicle of Attleboro, Mass., reported on Tuesday that police identified a rented 2013 Chevrolet Suburban with Rhode Island license plates in connection with the possible homicide. According to the paper, the vehicle is registered to Enterprise and investigators were hoping to analyze it for fingerprints. A source said Hernandez's name is tied to that rental vehicle.

A jogger found the body of a 27-year-old Boston man on Monday in an North Attleboro clearing, less than a mile from Hernandez's home.

http://sportsillustr.../#ixzz2WboVOsJD

Edited by Beerball
updated thread title

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just awful all the way around for Hernandez. Truly. There's nothing good that is going to come from this. I hate the Pats* as much as anyone (okay, more than most), but talk about screwed, blued and tatooed.

It's one thing if "Hey, I was coming out of a bar when the shooting started". Fine. Good person. Wrong place.

But, tell me, Mr. Hernandez...the vehicle was rented in your name.

Think about the last time you rented a car. Did you give them your WIFE'S license? Did you give them your BOSS' license? Did you give them your VETERINARIAN'S license?

No. You gave them YOUR license, didn't you?

Bad day at the ranch.

This is just awful all the way around for Hernandez. Truly. There's nothing good that is going to come from this. I hate the Pats* as much as anyone (okay, more than most), but talk about screwed, blued and tatooed.

It's one thing if "Hey, I was coming out of a bar when the shooting started". Fine. Good person. Wrong place.

But, tell me, Mr. Hernandez...the vehicle was rented in your name.

Think about the last time you rented a car. Did you give them your WIFE'S license? Did you give them your BOSS' license? Did you give them your VETERINARIAN'S license?

No. You gave them YOUR license, didn't you?

Bad day at the ranch.

Doesn't mean he was in the car, or has any idea what happened.... He has a lot more cash than friends and family, his name likely goes on a lot of things

Edited by NoSaint

I never understood being innocent but uncooperative.

Plenty of people avoid the police for a variety of reasons. Just because he's innocent doesn't mean it's smart for him to run to the station. Not that we know he's remotely innocent.

Edited by NoSaint

Plenty of people avoid the police for a variety of reasons. Just because he's innocent doesn't mean it's smart for him to run to the station. Not that we know he's remotely innocent.

What?

When someone is uncooperative it usually means they aren't answering questions. My common sense tell me that he is smart and wants his lawyer around for when they ask questions innocent or guilty.

Edited by EJ3

Oh man this doesn't sound good at all. Has the potential to be a distraction for that team as well....or possibly worse.

Nahhh, when Beast Mode (and Stevie a passenger) hit and ran that young lady and left her for dead and then refused to speak to the police it proved not to be a distraction during the season. The team played the same as they otherwise would have that season.

That's right. It worked for the aforementioned Beast Mode. It ain't a crime if you don't get caught.

Doesn't mean he was in the car, or has any idea what happened.... He has a lot more cash than friends and family, his name likely goes on a lot of things

Uh huh. Yeppers. In today's world, your farts are watched in infrared cameras at airport check-in.

Good luck with that "I didn't know" crap.

What?

When someone is uncooperative it usually means they aren't answering questions. My common sense tell me that he is smart and wants his lawyer around for when they ask questions innocent or guilty.

We don't know anything about his background and there are plenty of innocent people that cooperated themselves right into an arrest or bad situation. Plenty of people dont trust the system. He may not trust them, he may be worried about someone he's very close to, he might want to keep himself as far our of it as possible for a variety of reasons other than guilt. Heck, he might be worried about something totally unrelated coming out.

Edited by NoSaint

Greg Bedard of SI is all over this on Twitter.

According to his report, police waited until Hernandez got home this evening to execute a search warrant. 2 men in the house tried to leave, but are now in the back of police cruisers being taken away.

We don't know anything about his background and there are plenty of innocent people that cooperated themselves right into an arrest or bad situation. Plenty of people dont trust the system. He may not trust them, he may be worried about someone he's very close to, he might want to keep himself as far our of it as possible for a variety of reasons other than guilt. Heck, he might be worried about something totally unrelated coming out.

He may be worried about his own safety if he rented the car for a now deceased shady friend/acquaintance.

He may be worried about his own safety if he rented the car for a now deceased shady friend/acquaintance.

Could be a variety of things. Not trying to say he's not involved, just that there's no way to say if he is from the tiny bit we know.

Greg Bedard of SI is all over this on Twitter.

According to his report, police waited until Hernandez got home this evening to execute a search warrant. 2 men in the house tried to leave, but are now in the back of police cruisers being taken away.

Aw that's a shame.

Code of the street.. Don't be a snitch. Carmelo Anthony(amongst others) knows that.

http://www.yardbarker.com/all_sports/articles/carmelo_anthonys_stop_snitching_drug_video_resurfaces_in_anti_obama_talks/11524579

Edited by ldandria

@AdamSchefter

Issue with Pats' TE RT @BenVolin: "Hernandez has been uncooperative with police, two law enforcement sources said." http://abcn.ws/11MVOC5

If he's not talking to the police, he's obviously guilty. Or so I've been told.

The truth is, whether innocent or guilty, you don't ever talk to the police. They can only hurt you; they never help you.

According to the story he's not a suspect though, he's just not volunteering to talk about an investigation

...................But it is interesting the police are trying to obtain a warrant to search his home. At least that was what was said on the network a little bit ago.

...................But it is interesting the police are trying to obtain a warrant to search his home. At least that was what was said on the network a little bit ago.

They already have one. Doesn't mean he's guilty, just that there are some connections.