Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what youll notice, is the nfl seems to have some well known "off limits to report" subjects. Unless a guy is getting into HUGE issues, and with consistency you wont see the word "gang" anywhere near him. it seems clear everyone is on board with protecting the shield in that sense. a lot of guys come from really bad backgrounds and it would make sense that they have friends and family tied up in that stuff - you very rarely see it discussed though and when it is you get it in watered down terms.

was hernandez's name linked to that? not publicly, so i have no idea, but it could help explain why he fell so much more than a lot of guys that have failed tests... or florida might have just been covering for A LOT of failed tests. we as fans just dont know. the character end is very guarded from what i can gather.

Sad if true.

A lot of kids consider sports and gangs as an either/or choice. Some athletes say sports saved them from life in a gangs. But apparently there are some that make their bed in both worlds.

Yeah, Aaron comes from the mean streets of Bristol CT, home of ESPN and the next town over from me. ;)

And reportedly he has not been ruled out as a suspect.

i know nothing about his background, but was speaking to the greater issue of the nfl/reporters/anyone that can talk about players not every going down that route unless it becomes near unavoidable.

even the mean streets of bristol CT likely have some folks that he probably shouldnt be associated with, and im guessing in the circus of U of F football, those could easily multiply.

like i said - im not trying to say this IS the case with him, but saying even if it was we likely wouldnt have heard about it.

Sad if true.

A lot of kids consider sports and gangs as an either/or choice. Some athletes say sports saved them from life in a gangs. But apparently there are some that make their bed in both worlds.

yea, but even when they arent actual members many a player struggles to get away from the people they grow up with. just because they play football doesnt mean that friends and family all suddenly become role models.

i know nothing about his background, but was speaking to the greater issue of the nfl/reporters/anyone that can talk about players not every going down that route unless it becomes near unavoidable.

even the mean streets of bristol CT likely have some folks that he probably shouldnt be associated with, and im guessing in the circus of U of F football, those could easily multiply.

like i said - im not trying to say this IS the case with him, but saying even if it was we likely wouldnt have heard about it.

Sorry, I was trying to be funny. Hence the wink emoticon.

Boston media is speculating on the identity of the victim... And he's a former semi-pro football player. Weird.

"Asked if Lloyd is the person whose body was found in an industrial park in North Attleborough on Monday, the uncle replied:

“Possibly.’’

He would not elaborate. He said his nephew had played for the Boston Bandits, a semi-professional football team."

Link: http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/06/19/dorchester-man-says-his-nephew-could-possibly-victim-north-attleborough-death-linked-new-england-patriot-aaron-hernandez/DPn9PRh4e9kFF5hDg53HvO/story.html

WCVB Boston is reporting that the victim has been ID's as semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/boston-south/new-england-patriots-aaron-hernandez-questioned-by-police-in-homicide-investigation/-/9848842/20626584/-/7kp6ez/-/index.html

The connection to Hernandez? Lloyd's family told WBZ-TV in Boston that he dated the sister of Aaron Hernandez's girlfriend.

Plenty of people avoid the police for a variety of reasons. Just because he's innocent doesn't mean it's smart for him to run to the station. Not that we know he's remotely innocent.

I usually think you have something to hide when not being co-operative with the police.

WCVB Boston is reporting that the victim has been ID's as semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/boston-south/new-england-patriots-aaron-hernandez-questioned-by-police-in-homicide-investigation/-/9848842/20626584/-/7kp6ez/-/index.html

The connection to Hernandez? Lloyd's family told WBZ-TV in Boston that he dated the sister of Aaron Hernandez's girlfriend.

Now all those thoughts of the guy did something wrong to his gf sister and Hernandez "took care of him" are entering my head. GUILTY

Edited by EJ3

Even if you don't, again, you don't talk to the police because they cannot/will not help you.

it always amazes me how many people do not realize that you should be pretty cautious with how you handle any police interaction.

Now all those thoughts of the guy did something wrong to his sister and Hernandez "took care of him" are entering my head. GUILTY

you mean his girlfriends sister?

Not necessarily. When you can afford it, shut up and lawyer up.

I know not necessarily, but if you are squeaky clean, why not co-operate?

it always amazes me how many people do not realize that you should be pretty cautious with how you handle any police interaction.

you mean his girlfriends sister?

Especially here in San Diego, this police force shoots people for blinking too quickly.

Especially here in San Diego, this police force shoots people for blinking too quickly.

now read those two things you just posted and think about why you might not want to give your house keys and access to all the info in your life to a guy that cant be trusted with his authority.

now read those two things you just posted and think about why you might not want to give your house keys and access to all the info in your life to a guy that cant be trusted with his authority.

Being nervous from a traffic stop and keeping your hands in plain view and not co-operating in a murder investigation are two different things IMHO.

I think an appropriate response to the police if you know you are not involved in any way with respect to the topic of their investigation is to say:

"I'm sorry, officer, I don't believe I have any information to share but if you insist on questioning me I'd like to make sure my lawyer is also present so I don't say anything that might possibly be miscontrued."

There's really nothing anyone can dispute about taking that position.

I think an appropriate response to the police if you know you are not involved in any way with respect to the topic of their investigation is to say:

"I'm sorry, officer, I don't believe I have any information to share but if you insist on questioning me I'd like to make sure my lawyer is also present so I don't say anything that might possibly be miscontrued."

The way they make it sound is he was being very uncooperative while they were trying to search his house.

Your probably right.

The way they make it sound is he was being very uncooperative while they were trying to search his house.

i might have missed it but from what ive gathered it sounded like he simply denied a request to be questioned, not like he wasnt cooperating with a warrant. frankly, theres nothing he could really do once they showed up, good or bad, besides get out of the way and let them do their search.

Your probably right.

there are a ton of GREAT officers. a WIDE majority. but if you get stuck with one of the bad ones, you can get yourself into real trouble by participating.

I was always taught that the best approach is: "I'm more than willing to cooperate as necessary as long as I can have my lawyer present"

You're not kidding...last time I was in SD I saw a dude get literally tackled for jaywalking

Because the police are not your friends under any circumstances. They are gathering evidence to be later used to implicate someone. If you are squeaky clean, that's all the more reason to have counsel present. Any inconsistencies in a story can later be used against you.

i might have missed it but from what ive gathered it sounded like he simply denied a request to be questioned, not like he wasnt cooperating with a warrant. frankly, theres nothing he could really do once they showed up, good or bad, besides get out of the way and let them do their search.

there are a ton of GREAT officers. a WIDE majority. but if you get stuck with one of the bad ones, you can get yourself into real trouble by participating.

Yea this was on SC I think they were talking to Shefty and really made it sound bad. Coming up again I am gonna wait and listen to what they have to say to see if it sounds as bad the second time. Might just be my hatred of the pats that is making it sound worse.

Yea this was on SC I think they were talking to Shefty and really made it sound bad. Coming up again I am gonna wait and listen to what they have to say to see if it sounds as bad the second time. Might just be my hatred of the pats that is making it sound worse.

at that point, if he gets in their way at all, they can just cuff him. theres not a ton he can do to get in the way. really the worst is refusing to answer questions on where things are.... but people will surprise you with new and dumb ways to mess up so we will see.

the folks that tried to take off certainly make the situation look bad though.

Edited by NoSaint

https://twitter.com/KathyReports/status/347400970558402560

Kathy Curran Kathy Curran ‏@KathyReports

Sources: Possible evidence linking Hernandez to victim, Odin Lloyd, in the hours before murder. #wcvb

https://twitter.com/KathyReports/status/347401417985773568

Kathy Curran Kathy Curran ‏@KathyReports

Investigators searching cell phone, cell phone records, surveillance video and processing car in N Attleboro homicide case.

Now even more ugliness is coming out. Can't hide public records.

Hernandez was sued this year for shooting someone in the face.

[New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was sued earlier this month for allegedly shooting a man in the face following an altercation at a Miami strip club ... TMZ has learned.

The lawsuit was filed in federal court in Florida on June 13 -- five days before investigators searched the NFL star's Massachusetts home in connection with a homicide investigation that appears to be unrelated.

http://www.tmz.com/category/tmzsports

I don't know how this will go but it is just a funny thing I noticed. Since the Tebow circus has been in Boston the pats have had more bad press then I can remember since Spygate. Tebow signs then Gronks back surgery, Kraft's ring, now Hernandez.

Just funny the one team who usually has the least amount of off season distractions now has a ton.

Just a funny coincidence.

Edited by EJ3

Now even more ugliness is coming out. Can't hide public records.

Hernandez was sued this year for shooting someone in the face.

http://www.tmz.com/category/tmzsports

Well this has really escalated quickly. jeeze. amazing that report wasnt picked up earlier.

im waiting for the speculation that the dead guy was witness to this and had to be silenced or something of the sort. COME ON EJ3!

Edited by NoSaint

Brady & Welker had great chemistry together. I don't know how well Danny Amendola will fit in with Brady, but I expect there will be some kind of drop off.

Amendola is a hardnose player but his biggest problem he is constantly hurt