Shawne Merriman taken to hospital from nightclub

nucci

The details are a little unclear in my addled brain, but work with me. Whenever I think of Merriman, I think of the day that his name was called at the beginning of (I think it was) the Chiefs game a few years back. The crowd went wild. He was finally back! He pounded his chest and did his Sack Dance. And he did it with such emphasis that he reinjured his shoulder.

Idiot.

When did this happen? I thought Pettine would be the one to finally unleash the Merriman that used to terrorize QBs in San Diego. Thanks for the breaking news. Oh well. ;)

I think Pettine's a good coach but I'm not sure Merriman will ever be the same. It's worth a shot to see how he does in the pre-season though.

This thread really took a turn....

back on topic, early reports are alcohol and drug combo, and the rapper he tweeted a picture with was kind enough to share a photo of a 16k bill for the night. sounds like a heck of a party.

This thread really took a turn....

back on topic, early reports are alcohol and drug combo, and the rapper he tweeted a picture with was kind enough to share a photo of a 16k bill for the night. sounds like a heck of a party.

On a serious note, I sincerely hope he doesn't let his post-football life spin out of control. That story is getting old. And sad. No matter who it is.

On a serious note, I sincerely hope he doesn't let his post-football life spin out of control. That story is getting old. And sad. No matter who it is.

Unfortunately a lot of these guys didn't have much before football and can't find anything to do to keep busy and out of trouble. Most have money and free time. It is sad, I agree.

Deadspin had a picture of a 16grand bar tab these guys racked up that night. Impressive? Stupid?

Didn't read the link but did he reinjure his achilles the second he stepped on the dance floor? :bag:

Which is strange because the Bills medical staff had just cleared him to dance. Guess they didn't even bother to have him moonwalk when they examined him.

Pat Moran is reporting that Merriman was screaming "the more the Merriman" while eating ecstasy like skittles and dancing like a total prick. Moran has guaranteed to give both of his children appendectomies if the story should be proven false.