Overpaid Free Agents '13. 3 Dolphins and Levitre make the list

The good news is there were no Bills on that list. One thing with Russ running the show is that the contracts will be well structured. There is a lot of money to earn for the QBs but it is built in with bonuses and escalators. You do often have to overspend to get top players to Buffalo but I am glad that they are not overspending this year for guys that are not difference makers.

Ellerbe was a big one for me. The guy has played half a season full time and hes worth 7 million? Mike Wallace is another one, Good player, wasn't even the best reciever on his team last year

Well said. Free agency is the msot overblown thing ever. Teams don't win championships with FAs unless they are a QB (which rarely happens) or a pass rusher. I'm fine with overspending for Mario. But to overspend on guards, receivers, or LBs, it's fools' gold.

Actually isn't he making 13 million over the next two years?

Actually, no -- unless he plays a lot. And if he's playing a lot, that means (a) he's healthy and (b) he's probably playing pretty well. Under that scenario, he's still not overpaid.

Kolb is many things, some good and some bad, but he is not overpaid. The Bills can get out at 1 year and $3m. That's an acceptable risk to me. Still would have liked to keep Levitre, but he is getting too much for a guard I would say.

12. Titans guard Andy Levitre

Levitre is a good football player and will help the Titans at a needy position, but they paid an awful lot to get him. Levitre's six-year contract averages $7.8 million annually with a $10.5 million signing bonus. The market's other top young free-agent guards -- Louis Vasquez (Broncos) and Donald Thomas (Colts) -- were far better values at $5.875 million and $3.5 million, respectively.

The Titans are essentially paying Levitre left tackle money. Indeed, he's making more per season than Tennessee's own left tackle, Michael Roos. (Perhaps Roos should request a raise.) Levitre has never been to a Pro Bowl and goes 6-foot-2, 303 -- small for a guard. Here's hoping he doesn't get physically manhandled in the AFC South.

Wow, almost 2 million more per year then Vasquez. I knew it was overpayment, but I didn't realize just how much until seeing the numbers put up against some other players.

So our defacto owner / marketing man Brandon's slogan for the year will be: We're gonna suck but at least we didn't overpay (like we did last year). Brandon is a tool.

A tool because he didn't go out and frantically over-spend on FA's knowing that we need to preserve cap space to sign out own to contract extensions (i.e., Byrd, Wood, Spiller)? A fool because he brought in 3 pretty quality FA's in Lawson, Branch and Kolb for bargain contracts? How would you have done it differently?

BTW....I guarantee you the Bills are not done in FA.

The good news is there were no Bills on that list. One thing with Russ running the show is that the contracts will be well structured. There is a lot of money to earn for the QBs but it is built in with bonuses and escalators. You do often have to overspend to get top players to Buffalo but I am glad that they are not overspending this year for guys that are not difference makers.

and When we're 2-10 and in the basement of the league everyone will be complaining we have no talent on the roster. Bills need to draft incredibly well this year.

Don't kid yourself our pretend owner is a tool obviously Litmann is calling all the shots These tools couldn't even resign Kyle Moore

Did Russ sleep with your girl or something? You really hate him. Once he took over that meant the Littman no longer needed o sign off on decisions. Bottom line is they haven't wasted in free agency this year. I wish that they would have plugged a few more holes but they have not made any mistakes yet as far as I am concerned.

and When we're 2-10 and in the basement of the league everyone will be complaining we have no talent on the roster. Bills need to draft incredibly well this year.

With only 6 draft picks and holes at QB, WR, OLB, ILB, CB, OG and TE I'd say they needed the best draft in NFL history plus some undrafted free agent home runs as well. Realistically, if it's only going to happen via the draft then the Bills are still 3+ years away from being a championship contender, and that's if they stop losing starters via free agency that they have to replace.

Don't kid yourself our pretend owner is a tool obviously Litmann is calling all the shots These tools couldn't even resign Kyle Moore

Kyle Moore? You mean the batamweight DE that's 2/3 short of being a 1 trick pony?

Did Russ sleep with your girl or something? You really hate him. Once he took over that meant the Littman no longer needed o sign off on decisions. Bottom line is they haven't wasted in free agency this year. I wish that they would have plugged a few more holes but they have not made any mistakes yet as far as I am concerned.

Littman is running the show, Brandens just a figure head like he was in his tenure as the GM The constants in this 13 years of ineptitude : Wilson Littman and branden three tools

Littman is running the show, Brandens just a figure head like he was in his tenure as the GM The constants in this 13 years of ineptitude : Wilson Littman and branden three tools

Except for the time when Donahoe had complete and unprecedented autonomous control over the football operations and Brandon wasn't in the FO picture, you'd be right.

GO BILLS!!!

the 1st few days of free agency has become the new pre-CBA1st rd rookie draftee debacle. Accept teams are willingly doing this to themselves.

The smartest thing to do is to avoid the 1st few days of FA every year, and I for one will not complain if the Bills continue to do that.

You forgot the ticket taker at that one gate. Dude has been there forever. Also the guy that sells peanuts in the nosebleeds.

Except for the time when Donahoe had complete and unprecedented autonomous control over the football operations and Brandon wasn't in the FO picture, you'd be right.

GO BILLS!!!

shhhh... it ruins the storyline when you point out the plot holes.

So our defacto owner / marketing man Brandon's slogan for the year will be: We're gonna suck but at least we didn't overpay (like we did last year). Brandon is a tool.

after paying $100 mil for Mario last year, were back to Ralph is cheap.... And why, because we didn't pay $34 mil on Elerby, or some other crazy amount for a player who will do nothing more than take cap space?