Steve Johnson's interesting tweet.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw his tweet yesterday and was gonna post it. I love it. Stevie speaks his mind and is clearly fed up with the smack down the Pats lay on us each year. We need more swag like that on this team.

Im sick and tired of all the feel good stories and loveable loser mentality thats been the Bills of late.

Shades of Thurman. I like the humor, love the chip on his shoulder. It's nice to see Stevie takes some ownership of the record before he arrived; team guy.

Humor is the key word here. This is totally a non-issue. For USA Today to run with it is ludicrous. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment by Stevie, nothing more than a joke on his part. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously. The 'PC Police' who jump him for this need to chill out. There's nothing funny about what's going on in North Korea but people use humor as a coping mechanism to diffuse tense situations all the time. Either you like Stevie or you don't and those who don't will look for any and everything to use against him.

My brother sent me a picture of it yesterday and the first response was from Donald Jones. I just assumed the two were joking back and forth a bit. Either way, it's hilarious.

i 2nd that. most social network and many sports links are blocked.

1st tweet:

War is nothing to be played with. I apologize North Korea........but if y'all do bomb 1st... Bomb Foxboro, Mass. Sincerely,
— STVN (@StevieJohnson13)

2nd obligatory people got their pantie's in a bunch tweet:

i know some of yall took it too serious.. but i have Much Respect for The Pats along with Every other
Team. Gonna to be a Great
— STVN (@StevieJohnson13)
Edited by section122

You need to give up this site.

Negative Nancy.

Mean Mary!

I bet that's why Patrick Chung moved from New England to Philly. He's probably Korean and knew something was gonna happen in Foxboro. Good move Mr. Chung...good move.

:lol:

Humor is the key word here. This is totally a non-issue. For USA Today to run with it is ludicrous. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment by Stevie, nothing more than a joke on his part. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously. The 'PC Police' who jump him for this need to chill out. There's nothing funny about what's going on in North Korea but people use humor as a coping mechanism to diffuse tense situations all the time. Either you like Stevie or you don't and those who don't will look for any and everything to use against him.

Perfectly said Sir!

hey man, bombing anyone is no joke for me and I'm entitled to my own opinion

Do you think our new HC is going to appreciate SJ giving the Pats more fuel for the fire?

Yeah, like his tweet is going to make them reconsider "43 is the Mike"

hey man, bombing anyone is no joke for me and I'm entitled to my own opinion

Do you think our new HC is going to appreciate SJ giving the Pats more fuel for the fire?

its not even fuel to the fire, its just a dumb distraction. it wasnt particularly funny, it was just another "look at me" thing that probably wouldve been better left unsaid.

not the end of the world, but you say something dumb publicly for attention, dont be surprised if the attention is negative.

It used to be that we could say certain jokes & comments in private and different (pc) things in public. Social media changes that in a sense because people often treat social media as if it's private and all too often what's said there becomes public. Social media by its very nature is more intimate, more "real," than a press conference.

If we're sitting with a group of guys at a restaurant and one of them made the 'Nuke Foxboro' comment, it would be no big deal. We'd understand he was joking. Even if we didn't appreciate the humor, I don't think we'd condemn the guy. I don't think we should condemn Stevie for this. He's just having fun being Stevie.

It used to be that we could say certain jokes & comments in private and different (pc) things in public. Social media changes that in a sense because people often treat social media as if it's private and all too often what's said there becomes public. Social media by its very nature is more intimate, more "real," than a press conference.

If we're sitting with a group of guys at a restaurant and one of them made the 'Nuke Foxboro' comment, it would be no big deal. We'd understand he was joking. Even if we didn't appreciate the humor, I don't think we'd condemn the guy. I don't think we should condemn Stevie for this. He's just having fun being Stevie.

as a joke between friends, it wouldnt get a second look, but if he doesnt get that twitter is not joking between friends after all the negative attention its gotten him... then...

if anything, hes probably loving having his name in the usa today and hoping he gets to field some interviews to "clear up the misunderstanding."

"Why so serious"

"Happy New Years"

why work out in the off season.

making fun of war and bombing an American city.

This is all fun and funny if you are winning. But Stevie you have proven to be a mediocre reciever an on a very poor team. How bout positng something that is not controversial and good for the team. How bout being a leader (you are certainly overcompensated for it).

It will be interesting to see if Marrone actually has the testicals to deal with this jackass. Again, as long as this guy is on the team they will be under .500.

And btw the tweet is a subtle admission that you (Stevie) feel that this team cannot beat the Pats- what a funny boy- "why so serious", because year after year we support this team and the team fails to deliver. So yes, you should be serious and you should understand that if you were on most other teams your behavior would not be tolerated. Seriously, what a loser this guy is.

Seriously though, I hate nuclear bombs as much as the next guy. But, um, if you HAD to choose, Foxboro would really be a good place to start. Stevie's not advocating bombing Foxboro, he's just saying if we HAD to accept a nuclear bomb, and there was no way around it, why not there? Where it could do the world, and the country, and the NFL and the Bills the most good. I think we should be applauding his sensible, forward thinking.

If I were the Bills GM, I'd put a "no twitter" clause in every contract. It was truly a stupid comment that brings attention to #13 (again) for the wrong reasons. I could care less what he says, but THEY do care.

Seriously though, I hate nuclear bombs as much as the next guy. But, um, if you HAD to choose, Foxboro would really be a good place to start. Stevie's not advocating bombing Foxboro, he's just saying if we HAD to accept a nuclear bomb, and there was no way around it, why not there? Where it could do the world, and the country, and the NFL and the Bills the most good. I think we should be applauding his sensible, forward thinking.

Yikes. Sarcasm? I have a broken sarcasm meter since birth. Edited by JPS