Marrone Changes Practice Facility

SKRAAPY

Seeing your goal in front of you crystallizes it.

So glad to see they're moving forward, technology-wise, with iPads rather than playbooks. You had to figure that sort of change would come with a younger staff.

+1

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they must have taken down Chan's "It's hard to win in the NFL", "This is a tough game for tough people" and "When we walk on the field we expect to win" banners? Did anyone already call dibs?

They had to take down the "you dog one of us, you dog all of us" banner after Chan fired (after week 2) the guy who the fans were dogging (in the beginning of camp)....

Yea banners in professional sports are pretty lame...

1525.jpg

la_g_banners01_576.jpg

I guess having a lot of them is pretty lame too

Those banners are symbols of accomplishment. I'm guessing the Redwings and the Lakers don't practice in front of inflatable Stanley cup or Naismith trophy balloons.

That is not true. If we start winning you will see a more positve attitude.

HA HA HA HA! BALONEY! As soon as we start winning people expect to start losing. Am I wrong? We are at the point where we crave failure. Why else do we look for reasons to hate everything?

PTR

Gregg-O started training camp with a 5:00AM air horn. We all thought that was good. Mularkey fed them cheeseburgers. We all thought that was good. Dick brought in the Tampa 2. We all thought that was good. Chan took out the wide screen TVs from the training rooms. We all thought that was good.

Winning is the only thing that really is good. I won't be impressed with anything this team does until they start winning and continue to win, and become once more the best team in the League. They were that once. High time they are that again.

You got that exactly right! I hope for, but don't anticipate Buddy drafting the right players once again! It should be his last huraah though with Whaley filling his shoes soon...I'm almost numb and resigned to the fact that until this organization cleans house in the management department, including Ralph not being in the equation and having new ownership that we will always have the same history consisting of different names and just repeating itself over and over! Bad teams, and ownership tend to stay bad or burst into the scene like Detroit started to and then fall right back to the also rans of the NFL ie: Buffalo, Cleveland, Detroit, Arizona (1 or 2 year exception), Oakland, etc....I would bet we will win between 4-7 games this year and that's being an optimist.

that Lombardi looks beautiful......

Am I the only one who sees the irony with the Lombardi Trophy between the uprights?

If only Scott kicked it straight, that would have resulted in the Lombardi Trophy way back when...

It's between the uprights?

It looked to me like it was just right of the right upright.

I guess I'm permanently damaged.

What happens when a player leaves theirs at Applebees or Dave & Busters?

Not sure if you were kidding or not but if not, there's been quite a few articles about this.

To access the iPad the player has to sign in using a password.

To use the iPad to access the Bills' servers, there is another username/password hoop.

And when the iPad has been reported lost or stolen, the IT department can simply wipe it clean of contents.

Amazing that people even get upset when the staff tries to motivate the players and set a tone for the year. Since everyone is throwing the analogies out there, I'll go with "Be the ball Danny".

Not sure if everyone watched today's wrap video, but Marrone's enthusiasm and passion clearly go beyond just banners. Listen the the players - this is a young, hungry, eager staff. I can't wait to see this year unfold...

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Bills-Roundup-Players-Return-Branch-Signs/27c3dcce-0c48-47d7-8ca1-7f5d5348034f

Amazing that people even get upset when the staff tries to motivate the players and set a tone for the year. Since everyone is throwing the analogies out there, I'll go with "Be the ball Danny".

Not sure if everyone watched today's wrap video, but Marrone's enthusiasm and passion clearly go beyond just banners. Listen the the players - this is a young, hungry, eager staff. I can't wait to see this year unfold...

http://www.buffalobi...a1-7f5d5348034f

Finally. someone who gets it.

Not our grandfathers Bills.

Lets allow the young whippersnappers have go at it.

Watching these young coaches and The Real Pettine defense really should be fun.

Oh the visualize the goal thing. yes thats a real developmental tool on many levels in quite a few disciplnes.

I want a Lombardi too.

Edited by 3rdand12

Gregg-O started training camp with a 5:00AM air horn. We all thought that was good. Mularkey fed them cheeseburgers. We all thought that was good. Dick brought in the Tampa 2. We all thought that was good. Chan took out the wide screen TVs from the training rooms. We all thought that was good.

Winning is the only thing that really is good. I won't be impressed with anything this team does until they start winning and continue to win, and become once more the best team in the League. They were that once. High time they are that again.

Never thought that the Tampa 2 was a good idea, but yeah until the W's start to come its all just window dressing.

It's between the uprights?

It looked to me like it was just right of the right upright.

I guess I'm permanently damaged.

Not sure if you were kidding or not but if not, there's been quite a few articles about this.

To access the iPad the player has to sign in using a password.

To use the iPad to access the Bills' servers, there is another username/password hoop.

And when the iPad has been reported lost or stolen, the IT department can simply wipe it clean of contents.

What if they left a binder playbook at Applebees? iPad is more secure.

What if they left a binder playbook at Applebees? iPad is more secure.

Yep. Also the plays in the playbook are linked to numerous videos of that play with different route options. Players can jot notes on the margins.

I think the number of teams still using a traditional playbook must be very few at this point.

HA HA HA HA! BALONEY! As soon as we start winning people expect to start losing. Am I wrong? We are at the point where we crave failure. Why else do we look for reasons to hate everything?

PTR

Speak for yourself. Your legendary defense of the status quo may require you to crave and to be satisfied with failure, but many of us would enjoy real success. The only thing you "hate" about the Bills is its fans.

Aren't you late for something?

The Chicago Bulls say hi.

Uhh...hello.

"dont confuse effort with results" perfect slogan for this team. its always been, well we lost but we played hard and things will turn around if we keep playing hard. that is no longer. now its just win baby

:thumbsup::beer: GO BILLS !!!

Again Bills fans = B word about anything. He does nothing its B word and whine. He does something its B word and whine. Jesus folks I have been a Bills fan for over 2 decades myself so I understand but damn, bitching about everything....or nothing?

I will call it right now, we could go 19-0 and win the superbowl and at l east 50% of Bills fans would B word about something.

I got to your post in this thread and thought the same thing (can't read the rest, have a life to live after all). I would have to figure it would be the weather or the economy though. :bag:

this is what i wanted to say....

Some new head coaches could use something like this for player motivation on a banner.

Tom Brady 15 Wins vs. Buffalo Bills 1 win.

Depending on the team's mental toughness it may work better than some AFC banners from 20 years ago that less than half the team care about. Or even know exist.

They had a Franchise QB then and they will need one to become good again!

This analogy is pretty flawed.

Its kinda of like you are an author of a post.

Then you write something that doesn't make any sense.

Then everyone has to waste brain cells looking at it.

stunning comeback.

sorry your brain cells are at such a premium that you need to mitigate their losses by justifying their usage.

no wonder this slogan, and all it implies, appeals to you.

furthermore, no wonder the stadium is such a sh*t show on sunday these days. 80,000 people at or around your general level of intelligence?

damn, this post was too vicious. sorry to go in on you like this, but it's going to be a long year, and here i am arguing with half-wits in april.

stunning comeback.

sorry your brain cells are at such a premium that you need to mitigate their losses by justifying their usage.

no wonder this slogan, and all it implies, appeals to you.

furthermore, no wonder the stadium is such a sh*t show on sunday these days. 80,000 people at or around your general level of intelligence?

damn, this post was too vicious. sorry to go in on you like this, but it's going to be a long year, and here i am arguing with half-wits in april.

You may want to look up the definition of a comeback.

Also, you may want to brush up on capitalization and sentence structure if you're going to throw around insults.

Other than that, continue on with your extremely accurate and coherent analogies.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I like that the Bills have done this. Marrone is the first Coach/GM at One Bills Drive in a long, long time that actually has discussed the goal of Winning a Super Bowl.

Mularkey wasn't that long ago...

"Don't confuse effort with results". I find this a strange slogan to have in the Practice facility. What does it mean? Does it mean don't practice with too much effort today boys because the only thing that matters is the result on Sunday. If you practice hard with effort every day then your talent should bring its own rewards on Sunday assuming the Coaches can chip in with some decent play calling, team selection and communication.

The club expects that the players will practice hard, that they'll hit the weight room and really get after it, that they'll do their workout routines while home in the offseason, that they'll follow their nutrition plans to the letter, and that they'll sweat, ache, hurt, and sometimes even bleed during their preparation. But if they lose on Sunday, they really haven't done anything.

To summarize, it's reminder that they are in a results-oriented business and success is not measured by how hard they try, but by the score when the final gun sounds.

No more playbooks either, Switching to ipads

Fit right in with SISSY BALL: http://football.about.com/od/footballrules/a/The-Future-Of-The-Nfl.htm?r=et Forget ever seeing a football again, the game will played with bean bags. Un-necessary touching (not hitting..hiting will get you 5 years in the pen) is anywhere from a 5 yard to 50 yard penalty. Penalties are the only way a team can score. There are now 3,536 banned words during a football game. If you speak any of thesewords just once, the punishment is that you have eat a bar of Fals Napa soap and then become airborn for an indeterminate amount of time

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: (although I did not want the tampa two)

Those banners are symbols of accomplishment. I'm guessing the Redwings and the Lakers don't practice in front of inflatable Stanley cup or Naismith trophy balloons.

Technically, I was referring to the AFL Championship banners and his comment about how banner's are very "collegiate."

[/sarcasm] Yeah that would be real dumb if the team looked at Championship banners while the team was practicing in order to win a championship. [/sarcasm]

http://www.galesburg...o-Lambeau-Field

g23a23a0000000000005cb0a7f29273a08b64c67586a4855fba65be0054.jpg

Haven't seen a good comeback to this yet.

Come on people, stop being so negative. Change is good, especially at OBD.

The club expects that the players will practice hard, that they'll hit the weight room and really get after it, that they'll do their workout routines while home in the offseason, that they'll follow their nutrition plans to the letter, and that they'll sweat, ache, hurt, and sometimes even bleed during their preparation. But if they lose on Sunday, they really haven't done anything.

To summarize, it's reminder that they are in a results-oriented business and success is not measured by how hard they try, but by the score when the final gun sounds.

Exactly. To me, it's like watching Baldwin's speech in Glengarry Glenn Ross. Did you try hard? Did you give it your all? No one cares. Everyone looks out and sees success or they see failure, and the fans don't care about what was in between.

Haven't seen a good comeback to this yet.

Come on people, stop being so negative. Change is good, especially at OBD.

Hanging banners isn't change.

And hoisting an inflatable Lombardi may have an impact on college players, but I would be careful if I was Marrone. I don't see these guys (many on opening day will be new to Buffalo and have been on other teams previously) in this league really getting hyped over the Bills past small era of success. It's more of a college ploy, I think. Marrone should seek to avoid coming off as a college HC. He's an unknown to these guys with not much of a pro record of success (being Payton's Curtis Modkins doesn't count for much) in th NFL. I'm guessing a lot of the players, particularly on offense, have some healthy skepticism about Marrone and Hackett, so he should cool it on the rah, rah college banner hanging shtick. I just don't see pros being moved by the 4 banners in the practice dome.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Fit right in with SISSY BALL: http://football.about.com/od/footballrules/a/The-Future-Of-The-Nfl.htm?r=et Forget ever seeing a football again, the game will played with bean bags. Un-necessary touching (not hitting..hiting will get you 5 years in the pen) is anywhere from a 5 yard to 50 yard penalty. Penalties are the only way a team can score. There are now 3,536 banned words during a football game. If you speak any of thesewords just once, the punishment is that you have eat a bar of Fals Napa soap and then become airborn for an indeterminate amount of time

Yeah man, using new technology is so sissy.

Rip those microphones out of those helmets and use hand signals!

What do we need instant replay for?

Why are there jumbo trons in the stadium just bring a radio?

Follow the rest of the planet into the digital age and use a digital reader instead of paper play book???!! Pure sisery!

Get off my lawn!!!