Marrone Changes Practice Facility

SKRAAPY

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"dont confuse effort with results" perfect slogan for this team. its always been, well we lost but we played hard and things will turn around if we keep playing hard. that is no longer. now its just win baby

"Don't confuse effort with results". I find this a strange slogan to have in the Practice facility. What does it mean? Does it mean don't practice with too much effort today boys because the only thing that matters is the result on Sunday. If you practice hard with effort every day then your talent should bring its own rewards on Sunday assuming the Coaches can chip in with some decent play calling, team selection and communication.

ha.

pathetic.

this whole exercise is pathetic.

let's use the analogy of a restaurant:

the players are the wait staff.

the coaching staff is the kitchen.

the head coach is the head chef.

and the owners and management are... well, owners and management.

what happened today, is essentially equivalent to the head chef hanging up a fake five star review in the kitchen, despite the fact that the health inspector has been trying to shut down the restaurant for damn near a decade, and its only been getting 2 star reviews in the paper.

what, exactly, has changed about our organizational philosophy that makes you think that players on our team would "buy into this" or even care, for that matter?

or 2 best free agents were a) franchised (punished) and b) let walk (cheap) so we can draft their replacement.

so no matter what the chef of this restaurant is saying, the owners are still saying: if you make too much in tips, and become too good of a waiter, youre outta here.

but a slogan painted on the wall is going to change all that, right?

You act like Marrone put it on the wall and said that he's done. Not everything occurs in a vacuum. I want results as much as the next guy, if putting their goal on the wall helps then I'm all for it.

At least he didnt take something like this from Sean Payton

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://first-draft-blog.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c5ced53ef017616e1d4f3970c-500wi&imgrefurl=http://www.first-draft.com/2012/07/coach-big-brother.html&h=293&w=400&sz=30&tbnid=nvy_vOBqYw-jJM:&tbnh=109&tbnw=149&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsean%2Bpayton%2Bdo%2Byour%2Bjob%2Bposter%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=sean+payton+do+your+job+poster&usg=__gD0GIL_izCVLh57HdvQnDu7-R9w=&docid=B-yKHjFxYGLd4M&sa=X&ei=MkFbUZv7NcrD4APF14GgAw&ved=0CDIQ9QEwAA&dur=117

Yea banners in professional sports are pretty lame...

1525.jpg

la_g_banners01_576.jpg

I guess having a lot of them is pretty lame too

That's for the benefit of the fans going to games. Unless your pictures were from their practice facility (that fans don't go to) I fail to see the relevance.

Edited by CodeMonkey

ha.

pathetic.

what happened today, is essentially equivalent to the head chef hanging up a fake five star review in the kitchen, despite the fact that the health inspector has been trying to shut down the restaurant for damn near a decade, and its only been getting 2 star reviews in the paper.

what, exactly, has changed about our organizational philosophy that makes you think that players on our team would "buy into this" or even care, for that matter?

or 2 best free agents were a) franchised (punished) and b) let walk (cheap) so we can draft their replacement.

so no matter what the chef of this restaurant is saying, the owners are still saying: if you make too much in tips, and become too good of a waiter, youre outta here.

but a slogan painted on the wall is going to change all that, right?

This analogy is pretty flawed.

Its kinda of like you are an author of a post.

Then you write something that doesn't make any sense.

Then everyone has to waste brain cells looking at it.

This is a loser's mentality in my opinion. We're no less an NFL team than anyone else. The Lombardi Trophy is the goal of every NFL team. Why should we be afraid to visualize our own goal?

The Bills ARE losers until they win. :)

Yea banners in professional sports are pretty lame...

1525.jpg

la_g_banners01_576.jpg

I guess having a lot of them is pretty lame too

Being a Lakers fan, I hear a lot from players who look at the banners with great meaning and honor.

We haven't earned the right to put it up anywhere. Even if it's just an image. I like the banners a lot, though.

Setting goals, visualizing them and putting them in front of you on a daily basis is a tried and true tool (among many others) of the most successful people/organizations throughout history. In sports and in all walks of life, the most successful people tend to visualize their achievments and goals, and believe them to exist long before they ever physically obtain them. So... putting up banners to remind a team of it's past, while simultaneously setting an image of the ultimate goal (the Lombardi trophy) slightly higher than those banners, is a smart and all encompassing message to the players. This alone will not make the team win, but it would be foolish to brush this move off as meaningless.

Setting goals, visualizing them and putting them in front of you on a daily basis is a tried and true tool (among many others) of the most successful people/organizations throughout history. In sports and in all walks of life, the most successful people tend to visualize their achievments and goals, and believe them to exist long before they ever physically obtain them. So... putting up banners to remind a team of it's past, while simultaneously setting an image of the ultimate goal (the Lombardi trophy) slightly higher than those banners, is a smart and all encompassing message to the players. This alone will not make the team win, but it would be foolish to brush this move off as meaningless.

I can respect that, I suppose. I just see the Lombardi as a symbol of being a champion, or a past champion. Maybe the fact that it's placed with the banners of past accomplishments is why it feels like this to me.

I can respect that, I suppose. I just see the Lombardi as a symbol of being a champion, or a past champion. Maybe the fact that it's placed with the banners of past accomplishments is why it feels like this to me.

I get how you feel.

Edited by Charlottesville Bills Fan

Again Bills fans = B word about anything. He does nothing its B word and whine. He does something its B word and whine. Jesus folks I have been a Bills fan for over 2 decades myself so I understand but damn, bitching about everything....or nothing

It's more of a complaint that the Bills bothered to post this.

That's for the benefit of the fans going to games. Unless your pictures were from their practice facility (that fans don't go to) I fail to see the relevance.

[/sarcasm] Yeah that would be real dumb if the team looked at Championship banners while the team was practicing in order to win a championship. [/sarcasm]

http://www.galesburg.com/newsnow/x2095087136/Galesburg-Groundskeeper-A-trip-to-Lambeau-Field

g23a23a0000000000005cb0a7f29273a08b64c67586a4855fba65be0054.jpg

ha.

pathetic.

In this scenario is Littman the accountant telling them they can only buy cube steak?

Edited by 4merper4mer

Gregg-O started training camp with a 5:00AM air horn. We all thought that was good. Mularkey fed them cheeseburgers. We all thought that was good. Dick brought in the Tampa 2. We all thought that was good. Chan took out the wide screen TVs from the training rooms. We all thought that was good.

Winning is the only thing that really is good. I won't be impressed with anything this team does until they start winning and continue to win, and become once more the best team in the League. They were that once. High time they are that again.

Amen...

Amen...

Amen...

"Don't confuse effort with results". I find this a strange slogan to have in the Practice facility. What does it mean? Does it mean don't practice with too much effort today boys because the only thing that matters is the result on Sunday. If you practice hard with effort every day then your talent should bring its own rewards on Sunday assuming the Coaches can chip in with some decent play calling, team selection and communication.

Don't strain yourself too much man.

Basically it's just another rendition of Al Davis' "Just win baby!"

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/bulls-open-idea-relocating-practice-facility-downtown.html

I guess the Chicago bulls can take all those banners and shove them up their practicing asses.

Uhh, no. It means that putting in 100% effort isn't enough if you're not winning and advancing towards your goal. If you keep losing, simply saying "i did my best" isn't enough.

Losers always whine about doing their best. Winners go home and f%ck the prom queen.