Marrone Changes Practice Facility

SKRAAPY

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We haven't earned the right to put it up anywhere. Even if it's just an image. I like the banners a lot, though.

So, aside from being a member of the NFL, thereby working toward the annual goal of earning an actual Lombardi, precisely what do we have to do to "earn" a banner of a Lombardi trophy?

This is a loser's mentality in my opinion. We're no less an NFL team than anyone else. The Lombardi Trophy is the goal of every NFL team. Why should we be afraid to visualize our own goal?

Nearly verbatim. Nicely said, BBB.

This is a loser's mentality in my opinion. We're no less an NFL team than anyone else. The Lombardi Trophy is the goal of every NFL team. Why should we be afraid to visualize our own goal?

Anybody who has had even a modicum of success in life knows that visualization of your goals is key.

I really like it. Its simply a reminder that this Franchise was once excellent and commanded respect from other team on heir schedule. I think the should hang the jerseys of some of the players we had during the hey dey.... there is someting inspirig and nostaligic about knowing you are sharing the field with some of the best to ever take the field... we need our players to take pride in being in that practice facility, pride is kicking off at the Ralph, pride is being a Buffalo Bill....

You go coach Marrone...

You as well, TBC. :tipscap:

Anybody who has had even a modicum of success in life knows that visualization of your goals is key.

My junior year of high school, I played on a state championship team. We had returned all our starters from the year before including me and another junior, and the rest seniors.

That entire off season, and right up until the final game we were constantly re-stating our goal, talking about what it'd take, who we'd face--reaffirming to ourselves that nobody wanted it more than us, and nobody was more deserving than us.

Why?

Because our coach assured us of one thing: talking about winning will do absolutely nothing to guarantee we will. But not talking about, will guarantee that you won't.

Anything you can do to crystallize and constantly remind yourself of the "goal" is worth doing. End of story.

So they must have taken down Chan's "It's hard to win in the NFL", "This is a tough game for tough people" and "When we walk on the field we expect to win" banners? Did anyone already call dibs?

My junior year of high school, I played on a state championship team. We had returned all our starters from the year before including me and another junior, and the rest seniors.

That entire off season, and right up until the final game we were constantly re-stating our goal, talking about what it'd take, who we'd face--reaffirming to ourselves that nobody wanted it more than us, and nobody was more deserving than us.

Why?

Because our coach assured us of one thing: talking about winning will do absolutely nothing to guarantee we will. But not talking about, will guarantee that you won't.

Anything you can do to crystallize and constantly remind yourself of the "goal" is worth doing. End of story.

that's a cool story

So they must have taken down Chan's "It's hard to win in the NFL", "This is a tough game for tough people" and "When we walk on the field we expect to win" banners? Did anyone already call dibs?

That was Jauron.

Win a Lombardi.

The foolishness of this has been well hashed out in this thread already.

So I guess you and me will do a couple more laps on it now.

You can't put an image of the Lombardi Trophy in your practice facility if you haven't already won one. Are you not allowed to say Lombardi Trophy either? Can the gift shop sell cookie-cutters in the shape of Lombardi Trophies? Can the office dog be named Lombardi?

Precisely where does the banning of all things Lombardi trophies begin and end for half of the current franchises who have yet to win won?

Why?

So when October 5th rolls around and we are mathematically eliminated what becomes the new topic of conversation?

Again Bills fans = B word about anything. He does nothing its B word and whine. He does something its B word and whine. Jesus folks I have been a Bills fan for over 2 decades myself so I understand but damn, bitching about everything....or nothing?

I will call it right now, we could go 19-0 and win the superbowl and at l east 50% of Bills fans would B word about something.