Marrone Changes Practice Facility

SKRAAPY

Hanging banners isn't change. I just don't see pros being moved by the 4 banners in the practice dome.

Our team always looks like it is getting pushed around on the field. What do you think would move the players? Does Marrone have to tell the players some bedtime stories about winning, or does he need to do something drastic like getting into a fight with Bad Billy Belicheat to get the guys to play hard?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it....in one discussion, we want the players to be human...to be like fans...motived by the same things that motivate us. The team. Its past. The city. But now, its "they are professionals"...they "shouldn't need" such motivation....they "don't care." Well which one is it?????

Again Bills fans = B word about anything. He does nothing its B word and whine. He does something its B word and whine. Jesus folks I have been a Bills fan for over 2 decades myself so I understand but damn, bitching about everything....or nothing?

I will call it right now, we could go 19-0 and win the superbowl and at l east 50% of Bills fans would B word about something.

100% of Bills fans would be happier than they have ever been if they go 19-0 and win the SB. However I believe most fans deep down know this franchise's setup and history is very much flawed and success in the current setup is highly unlikely. Until committed long term ownership is in place top quality NFL people and players are in most cases staying away unless this franchise is the only option to stay in the league or get in for the first time.

I don't get it....in one discussion, we want the players to be human...to be like fans...motived by the same things that motivate us. The team. Its past. The city. But now, its "they are professionals"...they "shouldn't need" such motivation....they "don't care." Well which one is it?????

Whatever disagrees with you :P

Yeah man, using new technology is so sissy.

Rip those microphones out of those helmets and use hand signals!

What do we need instant replay for?

Why are there jumbo trons in the stadium just bring a radio?

Follow the rest of the planet into the digital age and use a digital reader instead of paper play book???!! Pure sisery!

Get off my lawn!!!

I know.

I'm not understanding his equating technology with the sissification of the sport.

Kind of nonsensical.

Of course they won't. But if it endears the new HC to a subset of Bills fans then it isn't wasted effort.

While I agree this stuff won't do a lot for us, there's no way hanging banners and visualizing your goal can possibly be a negative. To get worked up over this is just as ridiculous as getting excited over it.

Edited by Big Bad Boone

Being a "professional" doesn't stop them from being human.

There's been lots of studies done on influence, and the more types of influence there is, the more successful humans become.

We'll see if it's the right message, but it's certainly a good thing to do.

Gregg-O started training camp with a 5:00AM air horn. We all thought that was good. Mularkey fed them cheeseburgers. We all thought that was good. Dick brought in the Tampa 2. We all thought that was good. Chan took out the wide screen TVs from the training rooms. We all thought that was good.

Winning is the only thing that really is good. I won't be impressed with anything this team does until they start winning and continue to win, and become once more the best team in the League. They were that once. High time they are that again.

Preach on! Actions speak louder than words.

HA HA HA HA! BALONEY! As soon as we start winning people expect to start losing. Am I wrong? We are at the point where we crave failure. Why else do we look for reasons to hate everything?

PTR

It is a sickness. At the very least, there will be fans here who will not tolerate narrow victories well. They will not be satisfied with anything less than domination of every opponent week in and week out by The Bills.

Two problems I have with this:

1) they spelled confuse incorrectly...they need to put an "e" at the end of "confus"...and

B) there is no way we are drafting that TE by the name of Effort because the Bills are already saying the team can't confuse Effort with results...meaning he stinks as a TE.

You act like Marrone put it on the wall and said that he's done. Not everything occurs in a vacuum. I want results as much as the next guy, if putting their goal on the wall helps then I'm all for it.

At least he didnt take something like this from Sean Payton

http://www.google.co...Q9QEwAA&dur=117

What's wrong with that? The picture of his face is weird but I'm a teacher and I made a motivational poster with the same message:

1. Know where you're at

2. Know where you're supposed to be

3. DO YOUR JOB

I cribbed it from a high school football coach / teacher a while ago and I can't remember who it was. It may have been originally cribbed form Sean Payton idk. But it is applicable in the classroom as well as on the field, and I like to refer to it when kids are acting up or slacking- Asking them what they're doing vs what they should be doing, etc.

I think it sends the same message Marrone is putting out there: If you're "doing your job," the results should take care of themselves.

Basically saying "I tried" is not good enough. Because if there's no results to back it up, you obviously didn't try hard enough (and aren't doing your job).

PS No need to comment on the "teacher using poor grammar" angle- I'm not using the motivational poster as an instructional aid. It comes across much better than "Consider your current actions in relation to what you are trying to achieve, and reorient yourself toward your goals." These are inner city junior high students :thumbsup:

I think we're all missing the real issue here. Why is there a womens bathroom in the facility at all? Everyone knows their menstruation attracts bears.

They're trying to sign Urlacher, duh.

You may want to look up the definition of a comeback.

Also, you may want to brush up on capitalization and sentence structure if you're going to throw around insults.

Other than that, continue on with your extremely accurate and coherent analogies.

So you had to go back and edit that because you realized that you had made a mistake, huh?

You may want to brush up on paragraphing. :nana:

Two problems I have with this:

1) they spelled confuse incorrectly...they need to put an "e" at the end of "confus"...and

B) there is no way we are drafting that TE by the name of Effort because the Bills are already saying the team can't confuse Effort with results...meaning he stinks as a TE.

Don't quit your day job. :doh:

What's wrong with that? The picture of his face is weird but I'm a teacher and I made a motivational poster with the same message:

1. Know where you're at

2. Know where you're supposed to be

3. DO YOUR JOB

I cribbed it from a high school football coach / teacher a while ago and I can't remember who it was. It may have been originally cribbed form Sean Payton idk. But it is applicable in the classroom as well as on the field, and I like to refer to it when kids are acting up or slacking- Asking them what they're doing vs what they should be doing, etc.

I think it sends the same message Marrone is putting out there: If you're "doing your job," the results should take care of themselves.

Basically saying "I tried" is not good enough. Because if there's no results to back it up, you obviously didn't try hard enough (and aren't doing your job).

PS No need to comment on the "teacher using poor grammar" angle- I'm not using the motivational poster as an instructional aid. It comes across much better than "Consider your current actions in relation to what you are trying to achieve, and reorient yourself toward your goals." These are inner city junior high students :thumbsup:

I was being sarcastic, I actually fully agree with you haha