Fred Davis FA TE has dinner with Bills brass

Scott_36

@AdamSchefter: Redskins TE Fred Davis dined last night in Washington with Bills HC Doug Marrone, GM Buddy Nix, Doug Whaley and other Bills officials.

This would be a good move if we can sign him. If healthy he has some upside

Edited by Scott_36

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw from Adam Schefter's last tweet that Doug Marrone, buddy nix and Doug Whaley where all in Washington last night having dinner with the guy. He was good last year before an Achilles injury but wouldn't mind bringing him in if he were cheap.

$5.4 million last year , Davis tore his Achilles tendon in game 7. I would vote no

A) why does it matter how much he made in DC? More power to the guy.

B - he's a better receiver than blocker. His 13.5 yards a catch was top 10 at the position in the NFL last season. He's also one of the more elusive tight ends, ranking in top 15 in tackles missed.

Yes, those are stats, and unless you watch him, these probably wont change your opinion, but these stats I think carry more weight than a 24 reception, 325 receiving yard stat line in 7 games, tho he did have a 59, catch 796 yards with John Beck and Rex Grossman throwing the football.

I know its a good move and I would be happy about it, but I'm not too ecstatic about it... Maybe its cuz I just woke up or maybe It's cuz I'm wondering who the Hell will throw him the damn football... I would much rather fix holes in the defense through FA at this point but I definitely won't be upset with acquiring Fred Davis...

Just saw from Adam Schefter's last tweet that Doug Marrone, buddy nix and Doug Whaley where all in Washington last night having dinner with the guy. He was good last year before an Achilles injury but wouldn't mind bringing him in if he were cheap.

He would be a very solid mid level pick up as long as we dont over pay and keep deal 2 , MAX 3 yr (hopefully the 3rd being a team option). Would fit in nicely assuming he and Chandler are healthy. 2 very different style TE's. Chandler has decent hands along with great size but YAC is not a forte of his. Davis has more speed and considering how so many TE;s are split out nowadays, he suits that role nicely.

Signing up as well as a WR would be excellent news prior to draft and keep our options alot more opened coming draft day.

@AdamSchefter: Redskins TE Fred Davis dined last night in Washington with Bills HC Doug Marrone, GM Buddy Nix, Doug Whaley and other Bills officials.

This would be a good move if we can sign him. If healthy he had some upside

If healthy we need him and its an upgrade.

This would be a good move if we can sign him. If healthy he had some upside

I've been wanting to sign him, this would be a great move!

Definitely high risk/reward. He has only stayed healthy for 2 of his 5 seasons and the Achilles injury is a major red flag.

One more busted drug test and he'd face a year-long suspension as well.

That said, he be a great target for a rookie QB to lean on...

I'm fully on board with this idea. Give him a good but not great contract for 3-4 years but without a huge signing bonus, which he is not going to get anywhere because of the injury. If he is not back you just release him after a year or two. But well worth the risk. He would be an interesting player on a team with CJ and Stevie and a speed WR. If Chandler comes back we could play a lot of two TEs, and the defense would never know if we were going to line up in a run offense or pass offense. he's not a great blocker but he can move around and play an H back role, which Marrone likes. I'm definitely in favor of this and worth the risk.

Definitely high risk/reward. He has only stayed healthy for 2 of his 5 seasons and the Achilles injury is a major red flag.

It could possibly be low risk/low reward too.

In that scenario, the Bills give him a contract commensurate with the facts of his serious injury and his less-than-sterling, off-the-field performance. I've read that the Redskins are very tight to the cap so it might not cost much to sign Davis.

And then it's possible that because of the severity of the injury, Davis becomes another in a long line of players who never fully recovers from his achilles injury.

In this scenario he would be low risk/low reward.

He is a mismatch player on offense - a real difference-maker. While his injuries are a concern, he has steadily improved his skills every year since entering the league. Prior to his injury he was on the verge of a breakout year and at times looked uncoverable. Is still very young. Would also take a glaring need off of the draft program.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Actually he'd be a high risk, high reward player. Unless he was a low paid addition.

Or maybe just a "high" player. Failing 4 drug tests, two after the lockout, sounds like a man with a drug problem to me. I'd really need to know the details before I could like such a move.

Rag arm.

"Davis insisted that he complied with the terms of the court’s order but admitted he had been at nightclubs while Chaka was present. “It’s just, the city’s so small, you’re going to run into somebody,” Davis testified."

Willis 2.0??! :lol: