Doomsday - March 12, 2013

H2o

I get a kick out of this. Fans demand change. Change happens. Fans demand faster change. For those who missed Bills' rebuilding circa 2001, 2006 and 2009 and 2010, these things take time. You asked for it, and here it is. Change.

Jw

Hi JW. Amid the handwringing and wailing a quick question. Pouha and Dansby....finished or for the right price a good pick up to train the kids that are sure to be coming our way?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get a kick out of this. Fans demand change. Change happens. Fans demand faster change. For those who missed Bills' rebuilding circa 2001, 2006 and 2009 and 2010, these things take time. You asked for it, and here it is. Change.

Jw

thank you for this JW. It's gonna take some time. Probably 3 full years this time. This has already shown its not going to be a 1-2 season patch job and get back out there. I truly feel we are in all-out rebuilding mode and they are fine with it, for once. And honestly, I am as well. We can't keep going into every season wanting to be good, but also want top picks in the draft to help us succeed.

Hi JW. Amid the handwringing and wailing a quick question. Pouha and Dansby....finished or for the right price a good pick up to train the kids that are sure to be coming our way?

Given lack of lbs anything can help. Can't break bank, though.

Tried that last year and the dockery/Langston year, and the tko year, and the Bledsoe year ... This team needs patience and stability, something that always seems to be forgotten in the mad rush for change.

jw

So r the bills going to throw the season for Johnny Football? I mean we don't have a complete D and we have 2 QB's. Both didnt play a game last year. I am not freaking out, but i feel they may be playing for a high draft pick next year. Wheeler and Ellerbe both signed with the fish. I was hoping B-lo would land 1 of them.. We could always try and sign Dansby for a year or two, but i am not sure he is worth the head ache.

I hope they're playing for a high draft pick next year. We need a franchise QB, and there's a consensus that this year's lot are not that. Why not wait? Otherwise, they'll just be trying to sell more seats to a team that will be 8-8 at best. And it will likely be the same thing the year after that, and the year after that.

The sky has literally been falling for Bills fans since Wade Phillips was HC / John Butler was GM, so as usual the fans are squawking.

The Bills have a hillbilly hick GM who hires another good ole boy like him, then fires him. He likes to draft players from the SCC, but then doesn't know the difference between the good / bad ones. The notoriously frugal owner finally gave up his position as do nothing president, and hired a money guy to replace him. Could this franchise be any more dysfunctional towards winning?

The Bills spent 100 million on a DE that got 10 sacks last year so Bills fans can't really expect getting any front running FA players this year.

I'm not the least bit concerned that the Bills didn't sign any of the FA that were signed today. I do however believe that this off season has been an indication of what an utter failure Buddy Nix has been. Why is he still here?

that, I am starting to agree more and more with

Lol....sounds eerily similar to the last 5 years when we got nobody. Our last 5 years of linebacking consist of zero good players but at least one had beautiful hair. Are there any beautifully haired free agents available or will have to wait until the draft?

Was that the virgin who only ate lentils?

The sky has literally been falling for Bills fans since Wade Phillips was HC / John Butler was GM, so as usual the fans are squawking.

The Bills have a hillbilly hick GM who hires another good ole boy like him, then fires him. He likes to draft players from the SCC, but then doesn't know the difference between the good / bad ones. The notoriously frugal owner finally gave up his position as do nothing president, and hired a money guy to replace him. Could this franchise be any more dysfunctional towards winning?

The Bills spent 100 million on a DE that got 10 sacks last year so Bills fans can't really expect getting any front running FA players this year.

You lost me at SCC

Jw

What's the one constant over that time?

It's hilarious to watch everyone freak out just because we haven't signed anyone yet. It's the end of the world!!! 2013 is down the tubes already!!! Give me a break. What were you expecting from FA? Honestly? I still hope for a LB and a G to replace Levitre, but for goodness sake people get a grip. Just because we haven't signed any of the big names in under 4 hours you guys are already at it. There are still some decent players out there. Step away from the ledge.

I could give two ***** about not signing anyone today if that was part of a winning plan by Buddy. But I am !@#$ing livid that we let Levitre walk without so much as making an offer. He should of been locked up last year(l.ike many of us stated last year). That is inexcusable. If we are going to build through the draft- ok then, but retain our good players. It is bad enough we are mediocre every year, but we should be worse off then meh this year

You lost me at SCC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCC

South Central Conference? Who knew?

I could give two ***** about not signing anyone today if that was part of a winning plan by Buddy. But I am !@#$ing livid that we let Levitre walk without so much as making an offer. He should of been locked up last year(l.ike many of us stated last year). That is inexcusable. If we are going to build through the draft- ok then, but retain our good players. It is bad enough we are mediocre every year, but we should be worse off then meh this year

But you're supposed to still be riding that high from the Mario Williams signing. B-)

I think Ravens' fans are in a position to not freak out, bills fans on the other hand should be concerned. The bills have missed the playoffs for over a decade straight, so why are you so calm? Right now our starting QB is Tavaris Jackson, which means that the bills might have the worst starting QB in the league. According to many there are no franchise QBs in this draft, and even if there were, we are drafting 8th with a plethora of teams drafting ahead of us that need QBs. Our GM was just recorded bashing our QB. We just lost one of our best players. We are getting bashed by the national media. Yes fans do tend to overeat the first day of free agency and yes there are plenty of other free agents available, but don't let that cloud your vision. This bills team was supposed to compete for a playoff spot last year but instead the bills went 6-10. We are now far worse. My biggest fear however, is that we draft a QB this year who leads the bills to a 3-13 record. We then have a great pick with a top QB talent available, but pass because the bills can't give up on a guy after one year. The last part is my fears of the future, the first part is a pretty fair assessment of the current state of the bills.

I think Ravens' fans are in a position to not freak out, bills fans on the other hand should be concerned. The bills have missed the playoffs for over a decade straight, so why are you so calm? Right now our starting QB is Tavaris Jackson, which means that the bills might have the worst starting QB in the league. According to many there are no franchise QBs in this draft, and even if there were, we are drafting 8th with a plethora of teams drafting ahead of us that need QBs. Our GM was just recorded bashing our QB. We just lost one of our best players. We are getting bashed by the national media. Yes fans do tend to overeat the first day of free agency and yes there are plenty of other free agents available, but don't let that cloud your vision. This bills team was supposed to compete for a playoff spot last year but instead the bills went 6-10. We are now far worse. My biggest fear however, is that we draft a QB this year who leads the bills to a 3-13 record. We then have a great pick with a top QB talent available, but pass because the bills can't give up on a guy after one year. The last part is my fears of the future, the first part is a pretty fair assessment of the current state of the bills.

Johnny Manziel or Jadeveon Clowney, not a bad position to be in. :thumbsup:

I have very little confidence in BNixthe follwowing players thus far:

DL DeVito - signed w/ KC

WR B. Gibson

TE D. Keller

WR N. Washington - possible trade.

It doesn't appear that players are in any hurry to sign with the train wreck that BNix has created. Meanwhile Miami has already signed Wallace, Ellerbe, and Wheeler.

Bucs are close to getting both Revis and Goldson.

What's interesting is the no. of players that are being released after a team has made a signing. Miami has released LB K. Burnett and LB Dansby for instance.

I have very little confidence in BNix to improve this team. We are going backwards. Even when he signs players he makes fatal mistakes. It's time for him to go. Bill Polian needs to be hired at the very least as an advisor to the team. The Bills need somebody who has some savvy and who bargain with other teams.

We have no starting QB and have lost our starting LG................with nothing to show for either player. Does Nix really expect to improve this team measurably with just our six draft picks??

The schmoe has got to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeVito - no reason to sign him

Keller - has missed 17 games in 3 years - no thanks

N,Washington - I'm assuming your joking

Gibson -would be a descent pick up

again you can't buy your way to a good team, been proven too many times to count .vs someone who has done it ?? name it

What I don't get is... How in the hell does Fitz getting cut makes us the worst team in football? I mean with him we must have been the worst team on the planet... Some people I swear.. And who cares we didn't sign anybody... We did the biggest signing last year and how that turn out? Just be glad we cut Ryan Fitzass thats all I wanted and I got it.. Im a have a good night sleep hope you guys do the same..

** SLAMS DOOR **

The first day of Free Agency meant very little to me as the Bills are too far away from competing to think one or two players available on this market will matter. Usually by this time of year I'm living and breathing the draft, hopeful of what the Bills might get, but frankly the thrill is sort of gone. With few if any good QBs available in this draft it's not clear how the Bills get any more than a collection of southern kids Nix loves but who are at best equal parts good or bad. The only thing that will get me excited is if they take a couple of shots at getting a franchise QB in the draft, but what is everyone else looking for the Bills to do to restore their faith? Is everyone hoping the Bills do something crazy like take a QB like Barkley in the first and Nassib in the third? Or are there other moves that could provide some realistic reason for hope?

I was ok with the loss of Levitre as long as there was an effort to upgrade multiple positions via FA. Say lose levitre but grab Ellerbe and Landry. I would take that all day. To see us cut Fitz, lose Levitre, and seriously pursue nobody is a step backwards. I am fine with not spending big money on the big name guys during FA. In fact I would rather not. The issue today is that the Bills just got worse through FA and that is pretty upsetting.

I would actually have some faith if the Bills went Eric Fisher in the first, guy has been a stud since the Senior Bowl, real nasty blocker. Glenn can kick inside to guard. I think this would actually be a significant upgrade to what we had. Plus add Manuel possibly in the 2nd...he'll be there. I could get behind that team.

Right now we seem like a team with no plan though, that's the tough pill to swallow. It will be really difficult to root for this team if they grab Nassib before the 3rd or 4th. By all accounts he will be lucky to be a journeyman back up in this league....GOD NO NASSIB

A few economically sound FA acquisitions & a good draft will leave me feeling pretty optimistic.

Yep.

I was ok with the loss of Levitre as long as there was an effort to upgrade multiple positions via FA. Say lose levitre but grab Ellerbe and Landry. I would take that all day. To see us cut Fitz, lose Levitre, and seriously pursue nobody is a step backwards. I am fine with not spending big money on the big name guys during FA. In fact I would rather not. The issue today is that the Bills just got worse through FA and that is pretty upsetting.

I would actually have some faith if the Bills went Eric Fisher in the first, guy has been a stud since the Senior Bowl, real nasty blocker. Glenn can kick inside to guard. I think this would actually be a significant upgrade to what we had. Plus add Manuel possibly in the 2nd...he'll be there. I could get behind that team.

Right now we seem like a team with no plan though, that's the tough pill to swallow. It will be really difficult to root for this team if they grab Nassib before the 3rd or 4th. By all accounts he will be lucky to be a journeyman back up in this league....GOD NO NASSIB

I agree with this idea. Moving Glenn in and taking a premier OT would make Levitre a wash, or we may even improve. Grab Manuel in round 2 and then load up on defense - assuming we grab at least one good WR in FA.

A hint of a plan would suit for now.

this was the most upsetting part of the day today. no direction. which is weird because it seemed as though nix had a plan, people just a few weeks ago wanted to be apart of this club, made lateral career moves to do it....today it all crumbled for me

I would actually have some faith if the Bills went Eric Fisher in the first, guy has been a stud since the Senior Bowl, real nasty blocker.

Fisher will likely be long gone...

Some teams like Fisher better than Joeckel...He's at least in the conversation right now for #1 overall...I don't see any way he gets to #8 overall... B-)

Dustin Keller (rookie QB's best friend) and 2-3 at least mid level defensive free agents will work for me. Anything less and this FA period is a complete failure, whether you agree with it or not.

David Nelson>Dustin Keller

I was ok with the loss of Levitre as long as there was an effort to upgrade multiple positions via FA. Say lose levitre but grab Ellerbe and Landry. I would take that all day. To see us cut Fitz, lose Levitre, and seriously pursue nobody is a step backwards. I am fine with not spending big money on the big name guys during FA. In fact I would rather not. The issue today is that the Bills just got worse through FA and that is pretty upsetting........

If the FA period was only a one day affair, I would agree with you. As it is though, there are still a great number of good FAs available.....and even a few big names.

I fail to see how anybody can come to the conclusion that FA is over.....and that a conclusion can be drawn that we have taken a step backwards in FA when it is only the first day.

David Nelson>Dustin Keller.....Ummmmm no Pete....Nelson had a knack for finding soft spots, but that is about it. Keller ( although he has had injuries), is a much better run after the catch player and oh yeah, he is a TE. Not a dominant blocker, but OK and he doesn't have to block much anyways.....he is a "move" TE who you look to create mismatches withl