Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cordarrelle Patterson (and our Future QB Tyler Bray)

Playing Alabama today at 7:00 PM ESPN, if they play good against that great D their stock will only rise.

P.S. Hey Astro when are you guys going to put him on your Board?

Hi BB. DraftTek's Big Board guy started a new job recently, so he's delinquent at revising his board. Cordarelle looked great playing at his community college, didn't he? We'll give him a few more weeks before vaulting him above Aaron Dobson, Tavarres King, and other WR's in the RD4 range. :flirt:

Playing Alabama today at 7:00 PM ESPN, if they play good against that great D their stock will only rise.

You fall in love too easily.

The long TD catch and the end around were nice, but the rest were short passes with the coverage playing 5 or 10 yards away.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Thanks for sharing the link. He looks like Percy Harvin. Sick moves. I'd be ok taking him, but I'd perfer a QB or LB in 1st round. Brey looked good. Although, at this point, I think anyone that can throw the ball over 15 yards w/ accuracy looks good.

Edited by RyanC883

Here are the WR's and the Round in which I think they'll be drafted.

It's early, I know (Swope's playing lights out today, so he's RD1 now).

The point is that there is a host of strong WR's in this draft.

4 Devonte Christopher
7 Emory Blake
U Roy Roundtree
U Keenan Davis
U Isaiah Battle
U Marcus Sales
U Markus Wheaton
U Tracy Moore
U Corey Fuller
U Damon Julian
1 Robert Woods
1 Terrance Williams
2 Ryan Swope
3 Conner Vernon
3 Marquess Wilson (Jr.)
3 Aaron Mellette
3 Kenny Stills (Jr.)
4 Quinton Patton
4 Tavarres King
5 Aaron Dobson
5 Cordarrelle Patterson (Jr.)
5 Marlon Brown
5 Mike Shanahan
7 Matt Austin
7 Marcus Davis
7 Jordan Matthews (Jr.)

Edited by Astrobot

Unless a Megatron type prospect were to fall in our laps, why in the hell would the bills draft a WR in the 1st round? Please, someone explain this to me...

Well... the strategy of taking an amazing WR who can velcro in whatever comes near him (like AJ Green) in the first, then taking a QB who is regarded as "good, not elite" in the second, seems to be working OK for the Bengals so far. They went to the playoffs last year. This year so far Dalton is #12 by QBR, #9 for completion percentage and their offense is #12 for PPG. I'd like to see their defense be better, and they got pounded by the Ravens who have the lead for the Division, but I wouldn't bet against their chances to contend for a Wildcard this year.

One can point out it may be working better than the "take a QB #1" strategy worked for the Rams (Bradford #1 in 2010, 3-3 this year, had the chance to trade the #2 pick last year) or the Panthers (Newton #1 in 2011, 1-4 this year, 6-10 last year).

Of course, there are other factors which are different as well, just pointing out it may not be as crazy as it seems

Hi BB. DraftTek's Big Board guy started a new job recently, so he's delinquent at revising his board. Cordarelle looked great playing at his community college, didn't he? We'll give him a few more weeks before vaulting him above Aaron Dobson, Tavarres King, and other WR's in the RD4 range. :flirt:

Nah put him right at the top :D

in reality though by the time the draft gets here he will be in the first round. I believe he will come out being a JC transfer he wont want to waste his time in college and get to the pros as soon as possible, that's my theory anyway.

BTW: time to get a new board guy bc I keep checking and it's frustrating not seeing any movement or new guys :(

i'd rather have #11 of Tenn, Justin Hunter.

Hunter is good but Patterson is better, he just doesn't have the recognition yet.

You fall in love too easily.

The long TD catch and the end around were nice, but the rest were short passes with the coverage playing 5 or 10 yards away.

Can't all be bombs, I've watched at least four of his games this year and believe me this kid can make ALL the throws. Some of his games weren't the greatest as his passes can sail, which is why I think he should stay in to get more polish but if he comes out we should grab him and pray this Franchise brings him along slowly and not ruin him. 0:) 0:) 0:)

Going by Barbarians record on who the Bills draft I would say its a lock that the Bills won't draft either guy. Probably a MLB.

Sad but true

Thanks for sharing the link. He looks like Percy Harvin. Sick moves. I'd be ok taking him, but I'd perfer a QB or LB in 1st round. Brey looked good. Although, at this point, I think anyone that can throw the ball over 15 yards w/ accuracy looks good.

:lol: so true :cry:

and he is going against the best team in the country.

Right! Perfect for our offense!!! :bag:

Seriously - he IS raw, but is definitely talented. When is he due to come out - be drafted??

Check my sig, 2014 :flirt:

Here are the WR's and the Round in which I think they'll be drafted.

It's early, I know (Swope's playing lights out today, so he's RD1 now).

The point is that there is a host of strong WR's in this draft.

4 Devonte Christopher
7 Emory Blake
U Roy Roundtree
U Keenan Davis
U Isaiah Battle
U Marcus Sales
U Markus Wheaton
U Tracy Moore
U Corey Fuller
U Damon Julian
1 Robert Woods
1 Terrance Williams
2 Ryan Swope
3 Conner Vernon
3 Marquess Wilson (Jr.)
3 Aaron Mellette
3 Kenny Stills (Jr.)
4 Quinton Patton
4 Tavarres King
5 Aaron Dobson
5 Cordarrelle Patterson (Jr.)
5 Marlon Brown
5 Mike Shanahan
7 Matt Austin
7 Marcus Davis
7 Jordan Matthews (Jr.)

Hey I want Swope in the 7th don't tell any one :ph34r:

Unless a Megatron type prospect were to fall in our laps, why in the hell would the bills draft a WR in the 1st round? Please, someone explain this to me...

Bc the QBs at the top aren't that good, we can get a guy in the latter rounds who can be a quality back up or potentially start then get our Franchise QB in 2014.

... It's all in the sig boys, all in the sig.

Please no Tyler Bray. He will be a Gabbert-like bust, and a guy that comes out too early because the so-called experts on ESPN like to talk about him. We need to avoid him at all costs. As for Patterson, I would be okay with that, I suppose. Would prefer Hunter, but this guy would be okay with a later pick.

Our first pick has to be a QB.

Actually, it has to be the first of a couple QB's we take.

I was thinking about this today....to me, it would make a lot of sense to use our first TWO picks on QBs. Here's my reasoning: If we pretty much assume we don't have the "QB of the future" on our roster currently, why not draft the top two guys available at our first two picks, allow them to compete in camp, and ride the winner into game one while we develop the other one for a year or two on the bench. It not only allows us to hedge our bets, so to speak, but chances are, if we make smart choices, we'll be able to move one of them in a trade at a later date. Locking up two of these guys would be an intriguing idea, IMO....I dont see us ever DOING that, but I could honestly see the advantage of it. I'd much rather get two shots at a long term starter than only one.

Well... the strategy of taking an amazing WR who can velcro in whatever comes near him (like AJ Green) in the first, then taking a QB who is regarded as "good, not elite" in the second, seems to be working OK for the Bengals so far. They went to the playoffs last year. This year so far Dalton is #12 by QBR, #9 for completion percentage and their offense is #12 for PPG. I'd like to see their defense be better, and they got pounded by the Ravens who have the lead for the Division, but I wouldn't bet against their chances to contend for a Wildcard this year.

One can point out it may be working better than the "take a QB #1" strategy worked for the Rams (Bradford #1 in 2010, 3-3 this year, had the chance to trade the #2 pick last year) or the Panthers (Newton #1 in 2011, 1-4 this year, 6-10 last year).

Of course, there are other factors which are different as well, just pointing out it may not be as crazy as it seems

Disagree IMO, the AJ green Andy dalton combo started well but Buffalo needs a top tier qb. Dalton's blah....I am not sure he will ever get the bengals where they need to be. AJ greens amazing but Dalton's just one step behind the class of qb I would like.....Hes no scrub but he has some limitations....,I would take Cam Newton in a nanosecond.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Well... the strategy of taking an amazing WR who can velcro in whatever comes near him (like AJ Green) in the first, then taking a QB who is regarded as "good, not elite" in the second, seems to be working OK for the Bengals so far. They went to the playoffs last year. This year so far Dalton is #12 by QBR, #9 for completion percentage and their offense is #12 for PPG.

The Bengals went to the playoffs last year because of their defense. That's where the Bills still need the most work since Nix and Gailey seem to be going in reverse on the defensive side. I'd be looking at MLB, S, OLB and DE in some order in the first four picks. As for QB, Gailey would be better off trying to bring in a veteran.

• 2 months later...

If we didnt win that last meaningless game..we would have had a chance at Geno Smith....Cordarrelle Patterson WR is the 2nd best offensive player in the draft...im Not saying he is A.J. Green but he is somewhere in that ball park with size,talent, explosive play making skills and athletism ...

And before someone say we dont be another WR...or our offense is fine... its not.... we had the least amout of 20 plus yard pass play down the field....part due to Fitz lack of arm strength and accuracy...but also because we lack big play WR's

unless his combine numbers are horrible he is our best bet

Edited by TheBackupQB

He definitely has one of my favorite highlight packages since CJ Spiller came out. I haven't seen a guy who is 6'3 that can make cuts and jukes like him. He is a game changer that can make big plays. I'd like to see how well he does at the combine catching balls, because I haven't seen a WR in a while who is this good after the catch.

Here's the video....I'll take this music over hood rap everyday.

Wow, VERY impressive on the highlight reel. I hadn't seen much footage of him, but I can't remember ever seeing a WR prospect that electric in the open field. Well besides Peter Warrick, but he was a midget.

I am sold. We have many holes- mainly QB, LB, and WR. I am not impressed with any QB this draft and feel we should never reach for need. Ogletree is intriquing at LB, but I am concerned about his size (210). We need talent infusion and can't whiff at 8. And Patterson brings a lot to this team at a need position. CJ and Patterson would be flat out electric. Sign Levitre and Byrd, draft Patterson, then draft heavy at LB and take some stabs at QBs round 3 or so

Man! I am sooooooooooo ticked off that this guy is getting attention now! Up until just a month ago or so, you look on mock drafts and other prospect rankings and this WR is a 2nd or 3rd round pick. He was the 3rd reciever on his team! Yet, I've had my eye on him since the summer and I've been PRAYING he falls to the second round so the Bills could get a shot at him - he is, IMO, by a bit of a margin, the best WR in this draft class. He's just raw. Still, I think his skill set will translate to the NFL like a Green/Moss type.

If the Bills go WR high - and I'd rather they get LB and QB squared away first - then I hope it is this kid.

He's definitely a good prospect. He's more of a Roddy White than a AJ Green, but that's not a negative by any means. I'm just not so sure he's worth the 8th pick. We could potentially trade down, draft him in the teens and then use the extra picks acquired to move back up into the first for a QB.

He definitely has one of my favorite highlight packages since CJ Spiller came out. I haven't seen a guy who is 6'3 that can make cuts and jukes like him. He is a game changer that can make big plays. I'd like to see how well he does at the combine catching balls, because I haven't seen a WR in a while who is this good after the catch.

Here's the video....I'll take this music over hood rap everyday.

thanks for that video. Haven't seen this kid before.

WOW!!!

The return against Miss St and the breakaway speed in that run against Georgia were awesome.

One thing I noticed in this video is that Tenn was often down or in a close game (except Vanderbilt) and he was making huge plays for his team to take the lead or to make something happen. He seems like a real clutch player based on that video and the scores when they showed them. That's the biggest thing I took out of that video.

Okay, he's definitely an electric open field runner, and if you can get the ball in his hands, he can do good things for you. My question is, how easy is it to get the ball into his hands? I couldn't really tell from that highlight reel how good of a route runner he is, nor how good his hands are. Any opinions on those?

Interesting. Certainly an impressive highlight reel (the "knee didn't touch" punt return was SICK), he's got ideal size, and he definitely looks like a natural receiver. Physically very reminiscent of Dez Bryant. The concerns:

1.) He's college fast, but not NFL fast. Don't really care about this one. Megatron & AJ Green are probably the 2 best WRs and also the 2 best deep threats in the league right now, and neither has elite NFL speed. Patterson looks fast enough, especially at his size.

2.) He only played 1 season that I can tell, putting up 46 catches for 778 yards and 5 TDs. Those are unimpressive numbers, and not a lot of experience. Anyone who follows college football care to weigh in on why? College WRs numbers don't necessarily translate well to pro success, but to draft a guy in the top 10, you'd like a little more experience at least. Can this guy run routes? Can he learn a playbook? Can he beat press coverage?

Someone strateda thread about this guy a few months ago.

He has one season of Div 1 football--a career of fewer than 50 catches. Handful of big games ever. Not the primary receiver for his team.

Here's another opinion: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/cordarrelle-patterson-remains-intriguing-exciting-and-concerning

"What the video doesn’t include are the careless plays he had this year…Such as the sure-fire touchdown he had against Georgia, dropped to the ground in a moment of madness. Then there’s the pick-six against Akron, where he simply didn’t show any enthusiasm breaking into his route and allowed the defensive back to get leverage and break on the football. He gave up and lost out. "

"There were games where he just looked disinterested and disjointed like he was waiting for a chance rather than creating one. So while he looked great when asked to return a kick-off or feature in the backfield, these were manufactured carries. Was it too much to ask to see this big, 6-3 receiver with elite speed actually make things happen?"

A speed WR with "raw skills" and perhaps shaky hands? Didn't we draft this guy in the 3rd round ahead of Russell Wilson last year?

A better value may be Devante Parker from Louisville

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yjqgbgLLUw

they concentrated way to much on his kickoff returns and not enough on his WR skills I think...not sure he'd be running back kicks like that against NFL players, jmo...I would have liked to see more of his catches and if he can make the hard catches, basically how his hands and feet are...I could see him at #8 depending on how the Qb's are going off the board..if no-one before us takes a QB and it looks like they all want to wait till rd 2 for a QB, I'm all for a WR at #8 or any other playmaker tbh...@ Stevie Ray...yea i saw that also, in his mock he didn't have any Qb's going in the top 10...makes me wonder how many teams might be wanting to trade back into the end of rd1 for a QB...

Someone strateda thread about this guy a few months ago.

He has one season of Div 1 football--a career of fewer than 50 catches. Handful of big games ever. Not the primary receiver for his team.

Here's another opinion: http://seahawksdraft...-and-concerning

"What the video doesn’t include are the careless plays he had this year…Such as the sure-fire touchdown he had against Georgia, dropped to the ground in a moment of madness. Then there’s the pick-six against Akron, where he simply didn’t show any enthusiasm breaking into his route and allowed the defensive back to get leverage and break on the football. He gave up and lost out. "

"There were games where he just looked disinterested and disjointed like he was waiting for a chance rather than creating one. So while he looked great when asked to return a kick-off or feature in the backfield, these were manufactured carries. Was it too much to ask to see this big, 6-3 receiver with elite speed actually make things happen?"

A speed WR with "raw skills" and perhaps shaky hands? Didn't we draft this guy in the 3rd round ahead of Russell Wilson last year?

reading that article dose not make we want to draft him at all...sounds like that tall wr we took a few years ago..don't recall his name right now...looked good in college but couldn't play NFL...he also looked more like a RB in that highlight video with all the reverses he had...but from the article it looks like he didnt have a lot of WR highlights to show...if your referring to T.J..I'd take another year on him to decide his worth..I don't think Fitz's 5-10 yard throws and Gailey's offensive play calling did him any justice.

Edited by Tsaikotic

I am sold. We have many holes- mainly QB, LB, and WR. I am not impressed with any QB this draft and feel we should never reach for need. Ogletree is intriquing at LB, but I am concerned about his size (210). We need talent infusion and can't whiff at 8. And Patterson brings a lot to this team at a need position. CJ and Patterson would be flat out electric. Sign Levitre and Byrd, draft Patterson, then draft heavy at LB and take some stabs at QBs round 3 or so

I would like this scenario. Plus, there could be some one year stop-gaps at LB available such as Urlacker and Harrison. Patterson appears to be the best play-maker, day 1 starter available at #8, which is what you need out of your first round pick. It's also a position of need that is VERY EXPENSIVE to get on the FA market.

Edited by RyanC883

If we didnt win that last meaningless game..we would have had a chance at Geno Smith....Cordarrelle Patterson WR is the 2nd best offensive player in the draft...im Not saying he is A.J. Green but he is somewhere in that ball park with size,talent, explosive play making skills and athletism ...

And before someone say we dont be another WR...or our offense is fine... its not.... we had the least amout of 20 plus yard pass play down the field....part due to Fitz lack of arm strength and accuracy...but also because we lack big play WR's

unless his combine numbers are horrible he is our best bet

I started a thread on him last fall and the kid is very explosive and is dynamic in the return game. Could use better hands but I would be thrilled to have him :thumbsup: