Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cordarrelle Patterson (and our Future QB Tyler Bray)

Playing Alabama today at 7:00 PM ESPN, if they play good against that great D their stock will only rise.

P.S. Hey Astro when are you guys going to put him on your Board?

Hi BB. DraftTek's Big Board guy started a new job recently, so he's delinquent at revising his board. Cordarelle looked great playing at his community college, didn't he? We'll give him a few more weeks before vaulting him above Aaron Dobson, Tavarres King, and other WR's in the RD4 range. :flirt:

Playing Alabama today at 7:00 PM ESPN, if they play good against that great D their stock will only rise.

You fall in love too easily.

The long TD catch and the end around were nice, but the rest were short passes with the coverage playing 5 or 10 yards away.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Thanks for sharing the link. He looks like Percy Harvin. Sick moves. I'd be ok taking him, but I'd perfer a QB or LB in 1st round. Brey looked good. Although, at this point, I think anyone that can throw the ball over 15 yards w/ accuracy looks good.

Edited by RyanC883

Here are the WR's and the Round in which I think they'll be drafted.

It's early, I know (Swope's playing lights out today, so he's RD1 now).

The point is that there is a host of strong WR's in this draft.

4 Devonte Christopher
7 Emory Blake
U Roy Roundtree
U Keenan Davis
U Isaiah Battle
U Marcus Sales
U Markus Wheaton
U Tracy Moore
U Corey Fuller
U Damon Julian
1 Robert Woods
1 Terrance Williams
2 Ryan Swope
3 Conner Vernon
3 Marquess Wilson (Jr.)
3 Aaron Mellette
3 Kenny Stills (Jr.)
4 Quinton Patton
4 Tavarres King
5 Aaron Dobson
5 Cordarrelle Patterson (Jr.)
5 Marlon Brown
5 Mike Shanahan
7 Matt Austin
7 Marcus Davis
7 Jordan Matthews (Jr.)

Edited by Astrobot

Unless a Megatron type prospect were to fall in our laps, why in the hell would the bills draft a WR in the 1st round? Please, someone explain this to me...

Well... the strategy of taking an amazing WR who can velcro in whatever comes near him (like AJ Green) in the first, then taking a QB who is regarded as "good, not elite" in the second, seems to be working OK for the Bengals so far. They went to the playoffs last year. This year so far Dalton is #12 by QBR, #9 for completion percentage and their offense is #12 for PPG. I'd like to see their defense be better, and they got pounded by the Ravens who have the lead for the Division, but I wouldn't bet against their chances to contend for a Wildcard this year.

One can point out it may be working better than the "take a QB #1" strategy worked for the Rams (Bradford #1 in 2010, 3-3 this year, had the chance to trade the #2 pick last year) or the Panthers (Newton #1 in 2011, 1-4 this year, 6-10 last year).

Of course, there are other factors which are different as well, just pointing out it may not be as crazy as it seems

Hi BB. DraftTek's Big Board guy started a new job recently, so he's delinquent at revising his board. Cordarelle looked great playing at his community college, didn't he? We'll give him a few more weeks before vaulting him above Aaron Dobson, Tavarres King, and other WR's in the RD4 range. :flirt:

Nah put him right at the top :D

in reality though by the time the draft gets here he will be in the first round. I believe he will come out being a JC transfer he wont want to waste his time in college and get to the pros as soon as possible, that's my theory anyway.

BTW: time to get a new board guy bc I keep checking and it's frustrating not seeing any movement or new guys :(

i'd rather have #11 of Tenn, Justin Hunter.

Hunter is good but Patterson is better, he just doesn't have the recognition yet.

You fall in love too easily.

The long TD catch and the end around were nice, but the rest were short passes with the coverage playing 5 or 10 yards away.

Can't all be bombs, I've watched at least four of his games this year and believe me this kid can make ALL the throws. Some of his games weren't the greatest as his passes can sail, which is why I think he should stay in to get more polish but if he comes out we should grab him and pray this Franchise brings him along slowly and not ruin him. 0:) 0:) 0:)

Going by Barbarians record on who the Bills draft I would say its a lock that the Bills won't draft either guy. Probably a MLB.

Sad but true

Thanks for sharing the link. He looks like Percy Harvin. Sick moves. I'd be ok taking him, but I'd perfer a QB or LB in 1st round. Brey looked good. Although, at this point, I think anyone that can throw the ball over 15 yards w/ accuracy looks good.

:lol: so true :cry:

and he is going against the best team in the country.

Right! Perfect for our offense!!! :bag:

Seriously - he IS raw, but is definitely talented. When is he due to come out - be drafted??

Check my sig, 2014 :flirt:

Here are the WR's and the Round in which I think they'll be drafted.

It's early, I know (Swope's playing lights out today, so he's RD1 now).

The point is that there is a host of strong WR's in this draft.

4 Devonte Christopher
7 Emory Blake
U Roy Roundtree
U Keenan Davis
U Isaiah Battle
U Marcus Sales
U Markus Wheaton
U Tracy Moore
U Corey Fuller
U Damon Julian
1 Robert Woods
1 Terrance Williams
2 Ryan Swope
3 Conner Vernon
3 Marquess Wilson (Jr.)
3 Aaron Mellette
3 Kenny Stills (Jr.)
4 Quinton Patton
4 Tavarres King
5 Aaron Dobson
5 Cordarrelle Patterson (Jr.)
5 Marlon Brown
5 Mike Shanahan
7 Matt Austin
7 Marcus Davis
7 Jordan Matthews (Jr.)

Hey I want Swope in the 7th don't tell any one :ph34r:

Unless a Megatron type prospect were to fall in our laps, why in the hell would the bills draft a WR in the 1st round? Please, someone explain this to me...

Bc the QBs at the top aren't that good, we can get a guy in the latter rounds who can be a quality back up or potentially start then get our Franchise QB in 2014.

... It's all in the sig boys, all in the sig.

Please no Tyler Bray. He will be a Gabbert-like bust, and a guy that comes out too early because the so-called experts on ESPN like to talk about him. We need to avoid him at all costs. As for Patterson, I would be okay with that, I suppose. Would prefer Hunter, but this guy would be okay with a later pick.

Our first pick has to be a QB.

Actually, it has to be the first of a couple QB's we take.

I was thinking about this today....to me, it would make a lot of sense to use our first TWO picks on QBs. Here's my reasoning: If we pretty much assume we don't have the "QB of the future" on our roster currently, why not draft the top two guys available at our first two picks, allow them to compete in camp, and ride the winner into game one while we develop the other one for a year or two on the bench. It not only allows us to hedge our bets, so to speak, but chances are, if we make smart choices, we'll be able to move one of them in a trade at a later date. Locking up two of these guys would be an intriguing idea, IMO....I dont see us ever DOING that, but I could honestly see the advantage of it. I'd much rather get two shots at a long term starter than only one.

Well... the strategy of taking an amazing WR who can velcro in whatever comes near him (like AJ Green) in the first, then taking a QB who is regarded as "good, not elite" in the second, seems to be working OK for the Bengals so far. They went to the playoffs last year. This year so far Dalton is #12 by QBR, #9 for completion percentage and their offense is #12 for PPG. I'd like to see their defense be better, and they got pounded by the Ravens who have the lead for the Division, but I wouldn't bet against their chances to contend for a Wildcard this year.

One can point out it may be working better than the "take a QB #1" strategy worked for the Rams (Bradford #1 in 2010, 3-3 this year, had the chance to trade the #2 pick last year) or the Panthers (Newton #1 in 2011, 1-4 this year, 6-10 last year).

Of course, there are other factors which are different as well, just pointing out it may not be as crazy as it seems

Disagree IMO, the AJ green Andy dalton combo started well but Buffalo needs a top tier qb. Dalton's blah....I am not sure he will ever get the bengals where they need to be. AJ greens amazing but Dalton's just one step behind the class of qb I would like.....Hes no scrub but he has some limitations....,I would take Cam Newton in a nanosecond.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Well... the strategy of taking an amazing WR who can velcro in whatever comes near him (like AJ Green) in the first, then taking a QB who is regarded as "good, not elite" in the second, seems to be working OK for the Bengals so far. They went to the playoffs last year. This year so far Dalton is #12 by QBR, #9 for completion percentage and their offense is #12 for PPG.

The Bengals went to the playoffs last year because of their defense. That's where the Bills still need the most work since Nix and Gailey seem to be going in reverse on the defensive side. I'd be looking at MLB, S, OLB and DE in some order in the first four picks. As for QB, Gailey would be better off trying to bring in a veteran.