Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless if there is a better WR available in the draft or not, this is correct. The guy is a stud. I just don't know if drafting him as high as 8 makes sense when you might be able to get him later. But then again, the combine and all the speed, hands, and elusiveness hype begins this week. Ya never know what might happen. FWIW, I think this guy has BETTER moves and change of direction than CJ and is probably the closest thing to Barry Sanders since... Well, Barry Sanders.

I still think I'd rather have the kid that put up something like 20+ catches and a few TDs in one of his games this season. Can't remember his name tho.

Patterson doesn't drop past Miami. There's a good chance the Jets would take him. Think they don't need a playmaker? Last night, former Jets GM had them taking him right after the Bills pick. Don't be surprised if the Jets jumped ahead of the Bills and switched picks with the Cards to make sure they get him. That is if they do like him of course.

This would not be a reach pick and actually probably hits Patterson's true draft value which starts right around our pick. The great thing is that it would also fit a major Bills need. Would I hope Dion Jordan is there instead, yes! But I'd be very excited if we drafted Patterson at #8.

True, in that highlight film, Patterson does appear to jump off the screen. The problem is that most of what he's doing in it does not require the skills of a WR. He can run in the open field as good as anybody I've seen the past few years, but he's lacking in actual WR skills. Patterson is a poor route runner and has below average hands, there's a reason why his highlight is filled with KO/Punt returns and Running plays. Body-catching the majority of passes on your highlight reel isn't a very good sign that you're NFL-ready.

Patterson is not even the best Tennessee WR in this draft. He is a project, and would no way be ready to contribute the first year, except on returns. I doubt anybody drafts a project in the top half of Round 1, even the Bills.

I think the Bills need a big speedy WR who can stretch the field.

I think I only saw one catch in his highlight reel that was more than 30-40 yards.

While I think he has great moves I agree with 947 when he said there is a reason his video is filled with end rounds and ST plays.

CBF

I hope the Bills don't get distracted by such shiny new toys. They don't have a QB and they can't stop the run. Unless ALL of that is addressed in FA, which it will not be, WR will have to wait. Remember we have the great TJ Graham from last years' draft and I think Nelson is coming back.

I hope the Bills don't get distracted by such shiny new toys. They don't have a QB and they can't stop the run. Unless ALL of that is addressed in FA, which it will not be, WR will have to wait. Remember we have the great TJ Graham from last years' draft and I think Nelson is coming back.

You do realize you're being sarcastic as a basis to support your argument? I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Adding Patterson would literally be adding another dimension to the Bills offense. The Bills adding a "shiny new toy" a few years back gave them one of the best players in the entire league right now. I would love to have the next "greatest show on earth" offense and the only thing left finding be the QB to run the darn thing.

In 8 of his 12 games last year with Tennessee, Patterson recorded 3 or fewer receptions. I'm not doubting his physical potential, but most draft-worthy players will look dominant in a highlight reel.

That is a concern. Having said that, for his size, he looks as if he has great speed and vision. Plus his ability to plant and cut is pretty phenomenal.

sounds like a plan, if we can get his QB in the second it will be a good draft.

I'm in on both counts !! I wouldn't even mind either of his team mates past or present Justin Hunter or DaRick Rogers but they would be in later rounds .

I would love the pick! Patterson might end up being best player in this draft IMO. Couple him with CJ and it presents match up problems. You could feature both in same backfield, run motion, empty backfield, and dictate match ups. Both Patterson and CJ could play RB or WR. And we would have 2 explosive players. I am all for drafting Patterson at 8, a QB in round 2 or 3, resign Levitre, franchise Byrd, and devote the rest of free agency and draft to defense(LBs!!) and depth

Edited by Pete

In 8 of his 12 games last year with Tennessee, Patterson recorded 3 or fewer receptions. I'm not doubting his physical potential, but most draft-worthy players will look dominant in a highlight reel.

Patterson's 2012 stats.

Keenan Allen's 2012 stats, and he was out for thee games with a dinged knee.

Patterson only played one year on the Varsity squad. His 2012 (and career) stats are 46 catches 778 yds and 5 tds

Keenan's career stats are 205 catches for 2,570 yds and 17 tds.

They're both juniors and 6'3" and 205 lbs +/-

Patterson's 2012 stats.

Keenan Allen's 2012 stats, and he was out for thee games with a dinged knee.

Patterson only played one year on the Varsity squad. His 2012 (and career) stats are 46 catches 778 yds and 5 tds

Keenan's career stats are 205 catches for 2,570 yds and 17 tds.

They're both juniors and 6'3" and 205 lbs +/-

His stats don't matter. He was a receiver who wasn't featured because he was coming out of JUCO. You must look at what he did with his opportunities and translate that to the NFL game. There's no doubt this kid is ridiculously gifted and he knows it. He will have no problem adapting to the NFL. There's no comparison to Allen when it comes to who has the better NFL talent.