Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very dynamic player. Appears to let the ball into his body more often then I like to see from a receiver but I like what I see. He definitely likes using the whole field, LOL...WOW!

NFL Network with Bucky Brook (his guest on the show) had him going to us at 8, that was the first I heard of him going that high.

http://blogs.knoxnews.com/woodbery/2012/12/mel-kipers-latest-on-tennessee-prospects-cordarrelle-patterson-justin-hunter-and-others.html

ESPN draft guru Mel Kiper said today that he believes Tennessee junior wide receiver Cordarrelle Patterson could be a mid-first round NFL draft selection.

If he stays for his senior year, Kiper said, Patterson could go in the top five overall picks

He definitely has one of my favorite highlight packages since CJ Spiller came out. I haven't seen a guy who is 6'3 that can make cuts and jukes like him. He is a game changer that can make big plays. I'd like to see how well he does at the combine catching balls, because I haven't seen a WR in a while who is this good after the catch.

Here's the video....I'll take this music over hood rap everyday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqzag6BTqS0

Very impressive that with the straight up running he can move in and out of traffic. He seems a lot like SJ13 but with more speed. He has some elusiveness and that running style reminds me of Eric Dickerson.

I am sold. We have many holes- mainly QB, LB, and WR. I am not impressed with any QB this draft and feel we should never reach for need. Ogletree is intriquing at LB, but I am concerned about his size (210). We need talent infusion and can't whiff at 8. And Patterson brings a lot to this team at a need position. CJ and Patterson would be flat out electric. Sign Levitre and Byrd, draft Patterson, then draft heavy at LB and take some stabs at QBs round 3 or so

I'm just not sure I understand your theory. Don't reach for needs but take stabs at QB's in round 3 or so? Are you saying Patterson and CJ would be electric with Fitz? Another definition of reach is to arrive at. I think the Bills will trust their evaluation and arrive at a decision for a QB earlier than the 3rd. I agree that it's a difficult QB class to judge but I also think the overall talent is excellent. In other words there's no obvious top flight QB's, but in years past there's been a huge drop. To me this year is tough only because there's so many good choices.

Okay, he's definitely an electric open field runner, and if you can get the ball in his hands, he can do good things for you. My question is, how easy is it to get the ball into his hands? I couldn't really tell from that highlight reel how good of a route runner he is, nor how good his hands are. Any opinions on those?

BINGO!

-It's my ONLY concern with this kid. I watch alot of SEC football, and Patterson is, without a doubt a superior athlete. Still, his style, along the way he was used @ TENN make me wonder how fast he can adapt to the pro game.

To be honest, he could use a little technique....

Anyhoo, I don't mind him on our roster one bit... If it's a choice between reaching for this kid @ 8, and over-reaching for Nassib just to save face, -I'll roll with Patterson ALL DAY LONG.

Git R Done, Buddy.

Edited by #34fan

WOW!! This kid is sick. Someone that big shouldn't be able to move like that. He's got great field vision and instinctively knows where to go and always is looking for the end zone from anywhere on the field. Not sure how he'd fit into the draft strategy, but he'd look real nice in a Bills uniform.

BINGO!

-It's my ONLY concern with this kid. I watch alot of SEC football, and Patterson is, without a doubt a superior athlete. Still, his style, along the way he was used @ TENN make me wonder how fast he can adapt to the pro game.

To be honest, he could use a little technique....

Anyhoo, I don't mind him on our roster one bit... If it's a choice between reaching for this kid @ 8, and over-reaching for Nassib just to save face, -I'll roll with Patterson ALL DAY LONG.

Git R Done, Buddy.

The said the same about Jones from Atlanta.

When we drafted Dareus, I was not dissapointed but I said we should have taken A.J. Green, and then used the rest of the pick to beef up the defense....

Now im saying that if Patterson is available take him, and maybe we can steal a QB in the 2nd rd...like Matt Barkley

The said the same about Jones from Atlanta.

When we drafted Dareus, I was not dissapointed but I said we should have taken A.J. Green, and then used the rest of the pick to beef up the defense....

Now im saying that if Patterson is available take him, and maybe we can steal a QB in the 2nd rd...like Matt Barkley

We really need to stop taking these ONE Year wonders. Patterson may have a great NFL career, but this Bills regime cannot start off on the wrong foot....They need a as sure pick as they can get. The Bills either pick a QB or stay put and a pick a LB or OL

We really need to stop taking these ONE Year wonders. Patterson may have a great NFL career, but this Bills regime cannot start off on the wrong foot....They need a as sure pick as they can get. The Bills either pick a QB or stay put and a pick a LB or OL

i agree with this generally but one thing this coaching staff has going for it is being in college last year and knowing a lot of these players coming out. They played and planned against many of them and they recruited many as well. I'm going all in on thier draft to start off the first few years because they will most likely be guys they have studied well or wanted in Cuse, Didnt get but found out they were right about thier predictions of them. Edited by mrags

He is a gifted WR but the problem is he have too many holes to reach and draft a WR with our 1st.. i really hope we are smart and trade down and get a extra pick or 2. This draft has sooooo many positions with no clear cut #1 or true order... The top 3-4 QB's has no prospect even in same league as Luck and RG3. The top 4-5 WR;s are also very up in the air... we could easily snag a WR (which is a must) with our 2nd rounder... Patterson's own teammate is rated very closely to him in Justin Hunter who is a beast as well... How The Vols didnt do better with 2 WR's that are like 6'3 and 6'4 with insane speed AND a QB who will most likely also be a top 2 round pick in Bray is nuts,,, Then u have Terrance Williams who is electric as well as well as the kid from Cal... those WR's are all BIG WR's who also have break away speed... Either way, we need to get SJ13 some help on outside.I wouldnt be surprised if they chose to bring in a FA tho and again draft a WR in 3-4 round like we have done in recent years with Easley and Graham.. Graham was very out of place as a rookie but this kid can fly and was open on deep balls often and Fitz couldnt get the ball there.

BARKLEY is the guy we NEED to take in the 1st round. Marrone's O has a lot of west coast and hurry up and Barkley is the best QB even though he didnt have the heisman kinda yr most "experts" predicted. No matter how good or fast your WR;s are, if you dont have the right QB to get them the ball, it wont matter...

He definitely has one of my favorite highlight packages since CJ Spiller came out. I haven't seen a guy who is 6'3 that can make cuts and jukes like him. He is a game changer that can make big plays. I'd like to see how well he does at the combine catching balls, because I haven't seen a WR in a while who is this good after the catch.

Here's the video....I'll take this music over hood rap everyday.

Hood rap, what's that?

DeAndre Hopkins.

Cam One Year wonder, AJ green one year Wonder, RG3 one year wonder, and i could go on and on...we need to think outside the box...a legit deep threat...stretches the defense....creates more space to run the ball, if you can run the ball...it kills time...the more time you kill...less positions you defense has to play....

Np man. Based on the video I love this kid but never seen a whole game of him. Some are saying he doesn't have a complete career to base his performance off of. Others have said he's not 100% committed. And others have said that he drops a few now and again.

If he can bring it like he did in that video I'd have no problem drafting him as early as 8. But with the questions people seem to have about him, I wonder where he will be projected. Not where he should be picked but where he will be picked.