Why does Cleveland and Kansas City have more talent?

seq004

My god listening to talk radio all day and listening to how much talent Cleveland has and why that would be so attractive for Kelly and how much talent Kansas City has and that Andy Reid made the right decision makes absolutely no sense to me did anybody watch these teams this year?

My god listening to talk radio all day and listening to how much talent Cleveland has and why that would be so attractive for Kelly and how much talent Kansas City has and that Andy Reid made the right decision makes absolutely no sense to me did anybody watch these teams this year?

cleveland finished strong becoming a media darling, add a qb to KC and they have a very good team.

did you watch much of either outside of our games?

cleveland finished strong becoming a media darling, add a qb to KC and they have a very good team.

Yeah, Cleveland played better as the season progressed, I'll give you that, we weren't arguing that however. The Bills have more overall talent, IMO, than either of those two teams. KC, that's a laugh, KC really isn't that good with or w/o a QB.

I live in Columbus so I watched plenty of Browns games watched 3 Kansas City games and firmly believe that our roster is better than both those teams. Besides didn't we crush both teams?

Edited by seq004

Let those coaches believe it, Reid is one of the last coaches i wanted to see here, and I'm very leery on weither Kelly is going succeed for more then one year in his first time around as an NFL head coach.

It is funny that the media says it, but maybe thats because its the same way everyone here feels. Just read what people write here all the time, The Bills are horrible, no talent, no one wants to come here, everyone is always better, etc.

KC has 5 Pro Bowl players and were willing to give control to Reid (who will be bringing in his own GM and personnel guy). Despite his overall record, I'm glad the Bills didn't do that!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000121923/article/andy-reid-kansas-city-chiefs-reach-agreement

But the Chiefs had 5 pro bowlers this year!!!!

I'm sure someone will chime in that it's just a popularity contest. :)

Face it, guys. We suck. Our SoV was second worst in the league, so even though we didn't have the least amount of wins, the ones we did get were against terrible teams. Our record was better than our talent and coaching staff.

Yup, thats how the Chiefs and Browns got the respect they are getting in the media......................

Both teams have been relevant more recently than the Bills. Both teams have pro bowl players.

KC has 5 Pro Bowl players and were willing to give control to Reid (who will be bringing in his own GM and personnel guy). Despite his overall record, I'm glad the Bills didn't do that!

http://www.nfl.com/n...reach-agreement

Pro Bowl Schmo Bowl. Tell me Spiller, Byrd, McKelvin didn't belong on an NFL all-star team? The Pro Bowl is a popularity contest whose purpose is solely as a contract incentive.

Pro Bowl Schmo Bowl. Tell me Spiller, Byrd, McKelvin didn't belong on an NFL all-star team? The Pro Bowl is a popularity contest whose purpose is solely as a contract incentive.

Possibly, but deserving or not 5 PB players shows a coach that clearly there are some good players on the team. Regardless, the overall control is why Reid took the KC job (that and money I'm sure).

Also, just because a coach chooses another team doesn't always mean there more talented. People take jobs for all sorts of reasons, good talent is just one...

Edited by Heitz

Possibly, but deserving or not 5 PB players shows a coach that clearly there are some good players on the team. Regardless, the overall control is why Reid took the KC job (that and money I'm sure).

Also, just because a coach chooses another team doesn't always mean there more talented. People take jobs for all sorts of reasons, good talent is just one...

I doubt he took the job over anywhere else because they team had guys named to the Pro Bowl, HC's just like most fans know that the Pro bowl is a glorified popularity contest like the all Star games in other sports where the fans vote

Reid took the KC job because they probably offered him the most control and authority. More than the Bills could/would have offered. That's fine. I wasnt high on Reid and dont think it will work out for either side there.

People are giving Cleveland credit because they have new ownership, and since they always draft early, they have "talent" (read: names).

I dont care either way. We say this every year, year after year, but if the Bills want respect they need to win. That's it.

WRT coaching, I think Lovie Smith is starting to become the best choice in my mind.

Reid took the KC job because they probably offered him the most control and authority. More than the Bills could/would have offered. That's fine. I wasnt high on Reid and dont think it will work out for either side there.

People are giving Cleveland credit because they have new ownership, and since they always draft early, they have "talent" (read: names).

I dont care either way. We say this every year, year after year, but if the Bills want respect they need to win. That's it.

WRT coaching, I think Lovie Smith is starting to become the best choice in my mind.

I agree, Reid took the job cause he was going to get exactly what he wanted and more (lots of control, gets to bring in his own GM i.e. puppet, and he gets to start out with a top pick in the draft, plus the Chiefs probably offered him whatever he wanted $ wise)

As for Cleveland, I don't see much talent there, then throw in the fact that they drafted a rookie QB older then half the veterans on the team, but they are also in a spot with no GM where a HC could come in and take over most of the control of the team. That could make it more attractive to some that want control of the players

As for the part about winning to get respect, kind of blows your point out of the water when we are complaining about Cleveland and KC getting more respect, its not like they have been winning franchise either

Edited by apuszczalowski

Kansas City was widely thought to be the best in the division at the start of the season. Similar to us, coaching and quarterback play ultimately did them in. I don't know that they have more talent than us, but they have a lot of talent.

meh, tell me that jamaal charles didnt? or that eric berry or tamba hali were clear losers at their positions?

every team has talent. the idea that we are gifted a ton of unique guys isnt true (yet?). Spiller and byrd, and mckelvin would not be out of place there but i cant say that KC doesnt have a talented roster too. like us, they suffered from poor qb play, poor coaching decisions, etc... honestly i dont see the rosters as widely different in skill level.

Sick of the "woe is me" crap. You know how you get respect? Win. Period. Quit crying.

Nobody is crying. I'm simply speaking in terms of roster. Did you read the post...

God, you're stuck with Beerball as a neighbor.

No just stuck with a bunch of Buckeye fans who view the world through scarlet and grey glasses.

Cleveland is an up and coming team. They lost alot of close one score games where they had the chance to take the lead.

A play here/there they c easily have ended up 10-6.

They have a strong defense core. They are set at Rzb and one Wzr slot. Weeden played well for a rookie.

In KC they have strong WR/TE/RB set and thy have a strong defense. The big issue is at QB. This is why I expect KC to be big players in the Matt Flynn/Alex smith trade rumors. And then draft a qb in 2ndor 3rd.

We beat the hell out of KC... so how good would we be with a QB?

Look at defense rankings......They had a strong defense. They have Charles and another player for a strong RB duo. Then they have WR bowe. The issue was with QB.

If this was the first half of last season, the Bills would be called a great landing spot. It's all about perception and the perception of Buffalo is poor.

I don't like shanahan, but I wanted him to come here because I thought he would change that perception.

I don't think Kelly is the best choice, but I think he would do the same thing.

We beat the hell out of KC... so how good would we be with a QB?

pointing at a single head to head matchup is silly in the nfl. you can follow a chain all the way around the league of "we beat KC and KC beat the Saints and Saints beat Atlanta and make it fully through all 32 teams back to us getting beat..."

our players/scheme seem to matchup well against theirs.

and with a good qb, we could also be very good.

Edited by NoSaint

Nobody is crying. I'm simply speaking in terms of roster. Did you read the post...

No just stuck with a bunch of Buckeye fans who view the world through scarlet and grey glasses.

Yep, read it. Still stick by my original response.