Bills coach search update

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, are there any actual "updates" to be had here?

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora

Browns did interview Whisenhunt, as ESPN 1st reported. Bills will talk to Lovie, as WGR reported, but BUF would have 2nd meeting w/Whis too

CLE, BUF and PHI waiting to talk to Chip Kelly following Fiesta Bowl but from what i hear, as have been reporting, its CLE, PHI or Oregon

sorry, my bad here- deal between Chiefs and Andy Reid is NOW imminent. As in will be finalized likely by end of day

(Reid never on Bills radar) McCoy interview by Sunday.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Thanks SDS.

Down with the mobocracy :D

Admins may want to pin this thread then, and modify the subject to "Bills coach search updates - ONLY".

A separate pinned thread devoted to the pro's and con's of each candidate would then make sense because realistically updates on the coaching search will inevitably elicit the pro's and con's of each new candidate as the field of candidates narrows or when new or known candidates are added or lost to other teams.

You don't want Lovie Smith because of his underwhelming personality and performance but you want Andy Reid? Have you ever seen his pressers? This guy is the epitome of no personality and as for success? Lovie Smith has a ring. How many does Reid have as a HC?

I'm not saying I want Lovie Smith because I don't but if you're going to give a reason for not wanting Lovie, make sure your reasoning makes sense.

My math says 9 playoff appearances and multiple Championship games- this is the opposite of underwhelming

Chip Kelly as strong handed O coordinator and Lovie as head coach and heavy hand in the Def.

Russ says " he has the purse strings" and i think it's time to hit it out of the park, Brandon.

Put everything you got into this one. and dont swing for the cheap seats. Hit the damned scoreboard.

With those two fellows on board the sky is the limit.

My math says 9 playoff appearances and multiple Championship games- this is the opposite of underwhelming

I'll have to check but I believe the Bears made 3 playoff appearances in Lovie's 9 year tenure in Chicago but it definitely isn't 9 appearances as I know they've missed the last 2 years.

I'll have to check but I believe the Bears made 3 playoff appearances in Lovie's 9 year tenure in Chicago but it definitely isn't 9 appearances as I know they've missed the last 2 years.

According to the Chicago Tribune:

"After the Super Bowl, the Bears appeared set up to be a strong contender for a while. But they failed to reach the playoffs the next three seasons and have made only one postseason appearance in the six seasons since."

More to know:

"Smith tried four offensive coordinators during his Bears career. Smith's first thought was to run a similar offense to the one he was familiar with when he was defensive coordinator of the Rams, so he hired Terry Shea, despite not having worked with him. It was an unmitigated disaster. The Bears finished last in the league in offense."

Tribune Linky

Edited by Rubes

Chip Kelly as strong handed O coordinator and Lovie as head coach and heavy hand in the Def.

Russ says " he has the purse strings" and i think it's time to hit it out of the park, Brandon.

Put everything you got into this one. and dont swing for the cheap seats. Hit the damned scoreboard.

With those two fellows on board the sky is the limit.

Chip Kelly as the OC and Lovie as the HC? Seriously? Pass that stuff over here.