Bills could draft #3 overall

truth on hold

QB rankings have nothing to do with the draft. The Bills need to pick a QB with their first pick or move up to get Geno Smith, Matt Barkley or hope Tyler Wilson is on the board when they pick.

Otherwise call up the Redskins and start bidding for Kurt Cousins.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QB rankings have nothing to do with the draft. The Bills need to pick a QB with their first pick or move up to get Geno Smith, Matt Barkley or hope Tyler Wilson is on the board when they pick.

Yes because the QB class is so good this year that a freshmen won the heisman and only 3 players were even invited to NY. The times I watched G. Smith all he was doing is throwing it as long as he could and the WR was so wide open all he had to do was adjust his route which they almost always had to do. Not impressed. Get a QB but not in the first.

Edited by MikeSpeed

if we get the #3 pick we take the best QB available...

DO NOT fall for the Te'o hype... he is a good leader, but not a top 5 caliber player

Chiefs will make an effort to get Alex Smith, and then go QB in round 2. That team needs more than just at QB.

Jags will stick with Henne, and make an effort to get Tebow. They will draft defense.

If and IF we get the third pick, we can get Geno

None of those thing will happen.

If the Bills get the 3rd pick in the draft, they need to the 3rd best player. No QB is worth the 3rd pick in the draft. I would trade our 2nd round pick to Washington for Kurt Cousins. He is better than any QB in this draft.

Geno and Barkley are going to be busts. Not sold on Wilson. You know Cousins can play in this league as seen in his game against Cleveland. He is mobile and has a strong arm.

Edited by bisonbrigade

With his stock rising why would skins take a 2nd for cousins? They didn't use a 3rd this year to swap it for a 2nd next. You want a shot at cousins gotta offer a 1st or 2nd + 3rd IMO

I agree, the Skins are going to be looking for more than just a 2nd to acquire Cousins. My guess is that Griffin will probably sit out another week, to see what Cousins does against the Eagles. If he continues to light it up, his price tag will keep rising.

With that said, I really think the Bills, if they're picking in the top 10, need to do whatever it takes to get Geno Smith. I disagree with those that think he's going to be a bust. I think he has everything it takes to succeed in the pros.

With his stock rising why would skins take a 2nd for cousins? They didn't use a 3rd this year to swap it for a 2nd next. You want a shot at cousins gotta offer a 1st or 2nd + 3rd IMO
The playing style of RGIII exposes him to injury and Cousins provides Washington with a good insurance policy. There's no way IMO that they move him. Buddy had his opportunity to get him last year, so just kiss your Cousins goodbye and move on this year's QB crop as potential replacements for Fitz. Edited by 26CornerBlitz

If the Bills get the 3rd pick in the draft, they need to the 3rd best player. No QB is worth the 3rd pick in the draft. I would trade our 2nd round pick to Washington for Kurt Cousins. He is better than any QB in this draft.

Geno and Barkley are going to be busts. Not sold on Wilson. You know Cousins can play in this league as seen in his game against Cleveland. He is mobile and has a strong arm.

And so it starts. . .You know this how?

I would say that after hearing Nix, they go WR first, then make some moves for a QB

Yup, cause his early picks have been horrible

Spiller - Everyones new favorite (after calling him a bust for his first little while)

Dareus - the guy everyone was screaming over who they had to draft

I don't think theres anyone in the Draft that really "Sells tickets" for any of those franchises. Tebow would "sell Tickets" for Jacksonville though

Okay I admit it, I loved the Dareus pick at the time. It was either Miller or Dareus, and Miller was gone. I would have done the same pick at the time.

Sounds like bills think Glennon from nc state is answer. Hmmm must be a scout that loves n us remember nc cargo, TJ. Glennon is tall and does have a good arm just not sure if he's a franchise qb.

I really like Gleanon, but the fact that the Bills like him too scares me. Thats almost like Todd McShay liking you! Its a curse!

Yes because the QB class is so good this year that a freshmen won the heisman and only 3 players were even invited to NY. The times I watched G. Smith all he was doing is throwing it as long as he could and the WR was so wide open all he had to do was adjust his route which they almost always had to do. Not impressed. Get a QB but not in the first.

You did not watch him much then. This kid is extremely accurate & he could throw on the run. There were a few games early in the season where he had more tds then incompletions(the Baylor game comes to mind). I also like Barkley, hessistant to take a kid that probably never has played in a football game where the temperature was below 50 degrees though.

No he is not. Barkley, Smith are both better then Cousins imo.

What about Jarvis Jones with the first pick, he should be there when the Bills pick in the First.

Then take Murray by trading back up into the mid to late first. I am not sure he will be there in the second. Look at two years ago. A lot of teams started grabbing QB's in the first. Seems to me like a similar type of QB class this year to the one from 2011. Not one QB does not have some type of 'question' about him. Even Cam coming out had questions about his character and football IQ to read Defenses.

Murray looks very talented and has been playing in a pro style offense at UGA. The only question i have is his ability to keep developing. I think he can. Take him let him sit and develope under Fitz or another Vet. Kind of like the Giants did with Eli in 2004 behind Warner.

You did not watch him much then. This kid is extremely accurate & he could throw on the run. There were a few games early in the season where he had more tds then incompletions(the Baylor game comes to mind). I also like Barkley, hessistant to take a kid that probably never has played in a football game where the temperature was below 50 degrees though.

No he is not. Barkley, Smith are both better then Cousins imo.

Barkley=Leinart or Sanchez.

People love Newton and RG3, but Geno Smith isn't close to those guys.

Barkley would have been a top 5 pick if he came out ANY year before this... we would be lucky to get him late

A shoulder injury dropped him lower than he should be as of now, and keep in mind he was the QB of the #1 ranked team in the nation one game into the season... the combine will boost his stock

If we get Geno or Barkley we should be ECSTATIC!

Give our D some direction, give Spiller the ball, and give us a new QB and we are a wild card team (all fanhood aside)

Barkley=Leinart or Sanchez.

People love Newton and RG3, but Geno Smith isn't close to those guys.

Ugh this line of thinking is so obnoxious. Why does he equal those 2? Is it really because they went to the same school? Sanchez started for 1 year not 4 like Barkley. Leinart was surrounded by talent that was considered to be some of the best all time in cfb Barkley had teams that were on probation and lacked elite talent. Yes Barkley has 2 great college wrs but a horrific o-line and an okay run game. Certainly not the White/Bush backfield that Leinart had.

The thinking that a player from x cllege sucked so other ones will too is asinine at best. It's the same thinking that leads teams to pass on Brian Orakpo because Mike Williams was soft and therefore all Texas players are. Judge him on his merits not his predecessors

Why Cause he went to USC? Not a supporter or hater but the "he went to this school argument" is terrible.

Thank you!

I personally prefer to draft Teo or Jarvis Jones in the first round, and look for a solid QB in free agency or the 2nd round. There always seems to be one available. People put too much stock into QB rankings. Andy Dalton, Russell Wilson, Joe Flacco, Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Schaub, Romo, Cutler, Freeman, etc etc are all solid NFL starting QBs. None of them were thought to be the next Peyton Manning, but if you put a QB around a solid defense, and give him a few WR to throw to you may be surprised to find out who "THE GUY" is. The bottom line is that our offense, and defense still lacks a lot of talent. A QB will not solve anything. If Blaine Gabbert was drafted to any of the teams I just mentioned he would be just as good. When you put him with Jaguar/Bills talent you get the QB we see today.

We've done that a pecious few times in the last 10 yrs. I bet U could count on one hand the # of times we've done that over the las 13 yrs.

One thing for sure the Bills have only beaten a winning team once in the past 3 years. Let that sink in. Once. Granted it was the pats* and can now be called a fluke. Arizona may have had a winning record when we sneaked by them in OT but have gone on to lose 9 straight I believe. The division record? Well lets count them up after Failey drops the next 2 games in the division.

Only 5 teams behind us in standings. Of those - Eagles, Lions and Titans - it's just a game. KC and Jags with 2 wins only teams can't catch us. But if we keep losing odds are we will move up on the draft board. 4 other teams with 5 wins (and no I haven't worked out tie breakers and schedules), but the draft picture is brightening. Lose out and 3 to 6 seems to be the range we pick.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings

Awesome, we could use another defensive back that bombs in the NFL.

Only 5 teams behind us in standings. Of those - Eagles, Lions and Titans - it's just a game. KC and Jags with 2 wins only teams can't catch us.

I'm not picking on you but you forgot Oakland, so that currently makes six teams behind us in the rankings. Plus another four tied at **** and 9. That puts us at right around 9th currently give or take depending on the tie breakers. We get too play two pretty awful teams to finish another dreadful season, so a jauron-like 6-10 or 7-9 is not out of the question.

One thing I do know though is no way this team drafts top 5. You can take that to the bank. The best they do is 7 and more likely 11 is my over/under on this current collection of unlovable losers.

That pick needs to be used on a LB unless an all world cant miss center is available. No one wants to admit it but wood is going to keep getting hurt. He will need to be replaced in FA or the draft. Plus we need a RT in the worst way. QB needs for me reside in the third or fourth round.

Anyway quit getting your hopes up that the bills get a top QB with a top three pick.

Haven't you been through enough?

I'm not picking on you but you forgot Oakland, so that currently makes six teams behind us in the rankings. Plus another four tied at **** and 9. That puts us at right around 9th currently give or take depending on the tie breakers. We get too play two pretty awful teams to finish another dreadful season, so a jauron-like 6-10 or 7-9 is not out of the question.

One thing I do know though is no way this team drafts top 5. You can take that to the bank. The best they do is 7 and more likely 11 is my over/under on this current collection of unlovable losers.

That pick needs to be used on a LB unless an all world cant miss center is available. No one wants to admit it but wood is going to keep getting hurt. He will need to be replaced in FA or the draft. Plus we need a RT in the worst way. QB needs for me reside in the third or fourth round.

Anyway quit getting your hopes up that the bills get a top QB with a top three pick.

Haven't you been through enough?

Thanks for correction on Oakland. They are behind but by a game so at they can catch us. And there's no way one can assume bills win last 2. Miami on the road currently with a better record than us, and jets who smothered us earlier with a coach who in particular seems to have chan's number. Remember the premise here was "if bills loss out, they can draft as high as 3"

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

The best thing we can do is trade out of that 3rd overall for a bunch of draft picks

- We should draft TWO qbs this year

- A we should go LB high as well

John , i must agree on the Two QBs this time around.

They may attempt to grab an NFL QB if they were smart about it. Unless they know something we do not about Tavaris.

And i like the sound of a big time LB who can cover and stay on the field all 3 downs. A player that will get starting time soon

Maybe replace Barnett sooner.

1st - Te'o is a once in a generation pick. You take him if u have the chance. If not, and Geno is gone, take the best DE (Werner) in the draft. DO NOT DRAFT A CB!

Take Nassib in the 2nd (By draft day, this kids value will be inline with a high 2)

3rd - best OLB on the board

4th - best QB remaining (Glennon? Dysert? EJ Manuel?)

5-7 - depth + ST's (including our perennial corner pickup)

FA - WR/OL ....and Vick (sorry....I hate it but I feel it's going to happen)

Just having fun with it.....but Te'o and Nassib would put me right back in the stadium on opening day.