Afew Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

1) Inside of the 2 minute warning before the half, Fisher physically grabbed one of the refs. Am I the only one who caught this? Of course, this wasn't flagged.Granted, we are an inept organization. I get this. But the fact that the Bills almost never do well with the refs does relect poorly upon the NFL. One poster (wish I could remember who) talked of a, "story line" within the league. Sadly, it's possible.

2) I am not saying that Searcy is good, but he does seem to make a clutch play or 2 in almost every game.

3) The "block in the back" penalty on Gilmore's interception was another pitiful call. I was watching a game with a Rams fan, who openly admitted that this was not a foul. Again, the Bills are bad enough from top to bottom without this kind of s*%t.

4) Kyle Williams played his ass off today. Dareus gad one of his better games as well, but if I was the GM, I would continue to look at the Defensive Tackle position. Not in the first round mind you, but this is a position that always needs to be strong and deep.

5) Help me out.....why did Gailey call a timeout with 9 seconds left before halftime, instead of letting the clock run down? I was watching the game with no sound, so I don't know whether or not it was a 4th down play. I get it if it wasn't 4th down. Thanks.

6) Since it cost a lot to win,

and even more to lose.

You and me bound to spend some time,

wondring, what to choose

Goes to show you don't ever know.

Watch each card you play and,

play it slow.

Wait until your deal come round,

Don't you let that deal go down,

No.

7) Fitz, down 3, was NEVER going to bring us back, not even to a tie. You could put him in this scenario 10 times and it won't happen. And yes, he was getting his ass kicked. Yes, I get it, but he is just not talented enough to take over game. It's a shame too because he has a ton of heart. In any event, put me in the camp that would trade a 1st for Rivers. I'm not a fan of his, but it's better than drafting another corner.

8) The fumble by FJ in the first quarter did well to sum up what we endure as Bills fans. And, I noticed that he was hurt yet again. The truth is, Fred is probably all but finished.

9) Nice pick by Gilmore, right? Yes, fine thanks. But the truth is that while he made some plays, he was also smoked again and again by no-name receivers, this with a fairly decent pass rush. Even if he does turn out to be as "good" as some of you predict, we continue to use top resources on dbs, and we continue to suck. Maye we will grab a safety in round 1 this season, or grab another first round corner to replace McKelvin or A. Williams, who really should be cut.

10) Mario got credit for the first quarter sack, and played a good game. But it was Carrington who made this sack possible. I hope to see him improve. If he does, he will be one hell of a football player.

11) I guess that the wildcat worked so well last week that Gailey said, "screw it" and just left it out of the playbook. He is an inept head coach. There cannot be a shred of doubt left.

12) Lee Smith is a player. To his credit, Badolbilz (Dick Drawn) called this when he was signed. Smith can catch and block, and would really be a useful asset for a good quarterback.

13) Hang in there people. I cannot think of much good news, but Bills Fans remain the best, and most loyal. I remain proud to be a fan of the team that plays their games in New York, and has a fanbase that is built of a bunch of good people.

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was not a fourth down play. And Al and his 98 posts know nothing about quality posters.

I, for one, always look forward to Bill's post-game summaries, even in losing weeks.

As for Freddie, that's all my fault. Every jersey I buy, I end up jinxing that player.

I bought a Bledsoe jersey in mid-2002 right before he went downhill.

I merely thought about a Trent Edwards jersey in 2008 and then he gets hit by Adrian Wilson.

I bought Fred's jersey last year right before the broken leg.

*sigh*

It was not a fourth down play. And Al and his 98 posts know nothing about quality posters.

I, for one, always look forward to Bill's post-game summaries, even in losing weeks.

Thank you Rubes. This matters. In theory, they could have recovered a bad snap, etc., and had a chance to attempt another kick.

You are as inept as a poster as Gailey is a coach. Gilmore is doing fine, you need to get off this bashing of him. Did you ever play the game?

Thanks for the kind words!

Thank you Rubes. This matters. In theory, they could have recovered a bad snap, etc., and had a chance to attempt another kick.

I guess the question is if you're more worried about a bad snap than the kickoff return for a TD. And, on top of that, a bad snap recovery still probably would have put us out of field goal range. It makes some sense - especially given our botched snap on an extra point - but what was more frustrating was the refusal to try to score a touchdown on that drive.

10) Mario got credit for the first quarter sack, and played a good game. But it was Carrington who made this sack possible. I hope to see him improve. If he does, he will be one hell of a football player.

This sounds like you're not seeing him improve. I am, and it's very encouraging.

Yeah really he's calling for drafting more DTs, 3 overall Darius is playing no where near his draft order, 2nd round troupe is a bust ... But yeah the teams problems are all because secondary are drafted high sometimes too

I tried reading your post three times and I have no idea what you're trying to say. My guess is you exceeded a six pack today.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

This sounds like you're not seeing him improve. I am, and it's very encouraging.

Sorry, I meant the opposite. His game has come a long way, and he is young. I am hoping for yet more from him. If he stays healthy and gets even better, he can become a standout player imo.

I tried reading your post three times and I have no idea what you're trying to say. My guess is you exceeded a six pack today.

That he always complains about drafting secondary high saying we should only go for linemen , while ignoring the failings of dradting linemen. BTW mckelvin as a decent backup CB and best return man in the game , contributes more to bills than dareus and troupe combined.

Positives: I agree about Searcy having a knack for playmaking. And now Carrington. And CJ's pass protection seems like it's really improved.

Negatives: Our problem has changed a little bit based on what I saw today. Without Wood and Hairston in there it was a jailbreak on almost every play. Fitz played a very good game considering he had no pocket to step up in and make throws, and zero time to throw. I know that was a very good front Rams front 4, but we are going to be in trouble offensively for the rest of the year unless the O-line improves significantly.

Chan: Seriously did you really burn a timeout on the other teams 34 yard line when you were about to punt? Uh, take the 5 yard penalty next time genius and save your TO's for when you need them. Total JV move.

Stevie: With a clutch play on the line all of the sudden your arms looked like Cee-Lo Green's on that slant pass. You've made far more difficult catches, what the hell happened on that one. The announcers missed a lot of things in calling today's game but they didn't miss that lazy effort.

Lastly: Hey Bills fan dudes in the end zone front row stands: if someone is doing the Lambeau Leap you've gotta catch the poor bastard so he doesn't flop over onto the cement. They parted like the red sea, and it took 'em like two minutes to shoehorn poor Lee Smith outta there. Just because our receivers can't catch anything doesn't mean our fans hafta wiff too......

That was Brooks...

Not true:

3-6-STL34

(14:16) (Shotgun) S.Bradford pass short middle to B.Gibson to SL 39 for 5 yards (R.Brooks). Caught at SL 39, crossing from left. PENALTY on BUF-S.Gilmore, Illegal Use of Hands, 5 yards, enforced at SL 34 - No Play.

Source: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/playbyplay/NFL_20121209_STL@BUF

Dareus is not a problem.....they dont need to focus on DT in the draft. Part of the problem is Wanny's defensive system that does not play to this teams strengths.

The D-coordinator they should have hired was the previous Giants D-coordinator, now Saints D-coordinator Spagnuolo.

Gilmore is a rookie...it takes time to learn the game and that position.....without looking at game tape you cant always blame him for blowing coverage if he was expecting safety or underneath coverage help so he played him the way he did.

11) I guess that the wildcat worked so well last week that Gailey said, "screw it" and just left it out of the playbook. He is an inept head coach. There cannot be a shred of doubt left.

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coaching definitely matters and you're absolutely right... Gailey blows balls this year - there is no doubt. This loss is squarely on his shoulders. He refuses to try a long FG. Why? He completely gave up before the half and didn't even try to score a TD. Why? Calls a timeout before a punt from the 35? Why? and he completely forgot the great game Spiller and Jackson had last week and literally took the ball out of there hands... all while the line had 2 new starters and was getting blown up all day. WTF!?!

He's coaching scared and passive and the team is playing with exactly that attitude. I honestly don't see how anyone can have confidence in his game plans or situational game calls. This team is clearly underperforming and looks deflated.

at the end of the day there's only one thing i take out of this game: Gailey may need to retire. Fitz almost had as many "rushes" as CJ. !@#$ING PATHETIC.

It's not as if we were down 27 - 10 and it's a sunny 80degree day in Miami..no, no..we're WINNING the entire game, it's snowing/raining, and it's cold out - so lets pass the ball and leave CJ on the sidelines.

Fisher is sending Chan a Thank You card for Xmas.

Yeah, but that was their last time out, so if there was a bad snap there wouldn't have been time to lime up again for another kick with the clock running. It still made no sense.

Thanks for the kind words!

As for Freddie, that's all my fault. Every jersey I buy, I end up jinxing that player.

I bought a Bledsoe jersey in mid-2002 right before he went downhill.

I merely thought about a Trent Edwards jersey in 2008 and then he gets hit by Adrian Wilson.

I bought Fred's jersey last year right before the broken leg.

*sigh*

Well when we play NE Next year lets buy you a Bledso Jersey!

Gailey absolutely doesn't get it that Spiller needs 20+ touches, and Fred Jackson isn't the Fred of last year...he has lost a step for sure, likely the injuries and age. Hopefully Jacksons injury will make him play Spiller more, but who knows, he likes Choice.

Edited by bigK14094

1) Inside of the 2 minute warning before the half, Fisher physically grabbed one of the refs. Am I the only one who caught this? Of course, this wasn't flagged.Granted, we are an inept organization. I get this. But the fact that the Bills almost never do well with the refs does relect poorly upon the NFL. One poster (wish I could remember who) talked of a, "story line" within the league. Sadly, it's possible.

The problems with the Bills have little to do with the quality of the refereeing. There is no doubt that the calls of the refs are very uneven. It is so for all teams in all games. Do bad teams on balance get the worse end of the calls? Probably so. Play better and the balance will shift a little.

In this game Bradford didn't play well. But at the end of the game he demonstrated an ability to make plays in contrast to the hometown qb. Although Fitz played reasonably well while under constant seige he lacks the ability to make plays. That was very evident at the end of the game.

I don't understand why Chan Gailey is so reluctant to force feeding Spiller into his game plan. It makes absolutely no sense. He emphasizes the weakness of his very limited qb and diminishes the exceptional talents of his best player on offense i.e. Spiller. It's beyond being stupid----it's outright weird. This inexplicable waste of talent compares to the Bills HC John Rauch using O.J. Simpson as a decoy and as a receiver.

The troubles of this team has little to do with the team and everything to do with the caliber of the organization. How does a multiple retread coach become a HC for a desperate team in need of some leadership? It happens when the operation is infected with the virus of mediocre staffing. Of course it starts with the weird owner who hired a retired scout to be his GM without even interviewing any other younger and more promising prospects. You have to be a preposterous fool to hire incompetents to make many million $$$$ worth of decisions in your billilon $$$ business. Isn't that fundamentally stupid???? When is it ever going to end?

Edited by JohnC

I've said it many times to friends, who are also Bills fans.

Gailey and Nix are just feathering their retirement nests. Come out of retirement, get a couple million bucks, hang around football for a while longer, then ride off into the RV sunset, with a buncha fishin mixed in.

These guys are not serious NFL people. Maybe Ralph has a soft spot for old guys who dont have enuf saved to live until 94+

And, if we dont draft a quarterback first (unless maybe Mante Teo), I will not watch anymore until we do.

(cue the "goodbye, dont let the doorknob hit you" crowd, but I dont care. Been a fan since '87, used to sell pretzels at the stadium during the glory years, but 13 years of NFL irrelevance, with no end in sight, reminds me that Sundays are 1/7 of my life. And life is good. And football used to be. And wont be again until the Bills at least try to get me a quarterback)

Coaching definitely matters and you're absolutely right... Gailey blows balls this year - there is no doubt. This loss is squarely on his shoulders. He refuses to try a long FG. Why? He completely gave up before the half and didn't even try to score a TD. Why? Calls a timeout before a punt from the 35? Why? and he completely forgot the great game Spiller and Jackson had last week and literally took the ball out of there hands... all while the line had 2 new starters and was getting blown up all day. WTF!?!

He's coaching scared and passive and the team is playing with exactly that attitude. I honestly don't see how anyone can have confidence in his game plans or situational game calls. This team is clearly underperforming and looks deflated.

You lose the starting center and best lineman for the year. You lose the backup RT who replaced the starting RT for the year. So logically you want to work the running game hard this week because of the injuries to the O line...right?

Oh, that's why this HC gave his scrub, broken QB 33 attempts and his super star RB's 7 & 9 attempts rushing. 22 touches combined and 20 less then last week :doh: The stupidity just never ceases.

5) Help me out.....why did Gailey call a timeout with 9 seconds left before halftime, instead of letting the clock run down? I was watching the game with no sound, so I don't know whether or not it was a 4th down play. I get it if it wasn't 4th down. Thanks.

Also, the camera showed Gailey gestured the Ref (with two fingers) to put 2 seconds back in the clock :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

7) Fitz, down 3, was NEVER going to bring us back, not even to a tie. You could put him in this scenario 10 times and it won't happen. And yes, he was getting his ass kicked. Yes, I get it, but he is just not talented enough to take over game. It's a shame too because he has a ton of heart. In any event, put me in the camp that would trade a 1st for Rivers. I'm not a fan of his, but it's better than drafting another corner.

I agree. With 48 seconds, I knew Fitz will never get it done. Their best chance to put the game away came when McKelvin returned the punt to the 42 yard line. We could have iced the game there.

8) The fumble by FJ in the first quarter did well to sum up what we endure as Bills fans. And, I noticed that he was hurt yet again. The truth is, Fred is probably all but finished.

And yet Freddie got to touch the ball 14 times, while Spiller touched it SIX times.....Insane coaching....

9) Nice pick by Gilmore, right? Yes, fine thanks. But the truth is that while he made some plays, he was also smoked again and again by no-name receivers, this with a fairly decent pass rush. Even if he does turn out to be as "good" as some of you predict, we continue to use top resources on dbs, and we continue to suck. Maye we will grab a safety in round 1 this season, or grab another first round corner to replace McKelvin or A. Williams, who really should be cut.

To Gilmore's credit, he was smoke only on that last drive when there was ZERO pass rush.

To Mario's credit, he actually called out Carrington right after that play and credited him. Classy move. Also credit should go to Mario, because if he doesn't stop Bradford there, he would have run in for a first down. God knows where our LBs where.

12) Lee Smith is a player. To his credit, Badolbilz (Dick Drawn) called this when he was signed. Smith can catch and block, and would really be a useful asset for a good quarterback.

We have two pretty good TEs who can catch and block and a versatile RB in Spiller and yet between the three of them we saw a total of 10 touches in the game...Maddening.

13) Hang in there people. I cannot think of much good news, but Bills Fans remain the best, and most loyal. I remain proud to be a fan of the team that plays their games in New York, and has a fanbase that is built of a bunch of good people.

I sat through from 11:30 P.M (IST) through 2:30 A.M to watch this crash..... :oops:

That block in the back really had me seeing red. The guy obviously took a dive and it worked.

When they showed the first replay, the ref that threw the flag was about 10 yards ahead of

the incident and running the same way as Gilmore, he caught the guy falling out of the corner

of his eye and didn't really see the whole thing.

You would think that another official with a clearer site would have over ruled, it's not like there isn't precedent,

as we commonly see them do it, "there is no foul on the play". Anytime the crew is headed up

by Steratore, we are in trouble.

Edited by Tu-Toned

Lee Smith needs to learn some self-control on the field though. He's been flagged multiple times this year for after-the-play personal fouls and there have been many more that were close to being called. He seems easily baited into such things.

My few thoughts are chan and fitz are as bottom of the barrel as they come.

I took the rams plus 3 and enjoyed laughing at this group of clowns. With a minute left and fitz w the fg to tie situation.

A feeling of wealth came over me. Deja vu. Easy $$$

Clean house too many scrubs and inept coaches for my taste

Kirk cousins where art thou ? Winning games in Dc already ? Awesome !!

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Yeah, but that was their last time out, so if there was a bad snap there wouldn't have been time to lime up again for another kick with the clock running. It still made no sense.

An incomplete would stop the clock, so I'm sure Powell was instructed to throw it incomplete in the instance of a bad snap.