A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

1) I have been praising the OL for weeks. Well, Glenn looked good today, but Hairston was awful. Really awful. Pears would have made a difference.

2) Would someone please tell me how Fitz missed a wide open Spiller on the sideline on the play in the 1st quarter when Indy was offsides? He had all the time in the world, and a pick would not have mattered. Seriously, how could a professional qb miss on that play, with nothing to lose?

3) Dareus was awful in most of the first half. Then, it looked like someone lit a firecracker under his a$$. He became dominant in the second half. I don't understand this.

4) Answer to #2: The same way he missed a wide open Jones in the beginning of the second quarter. And the same way he threw another game ending pick. It's time for TJ or Thigpen. Fitz is a nice guy but he is not a capable starting quarterback in this league, nor will he ever be. It's a done deal folks.

5) Why the f%$k did Gailey call for short, stupid passes at the end the first half? This from their own 8 yard line. I know.....because he is not a capable clock manager, or for that matter, head coach. It cost us a 3, and we were lucky they didn't get a TD. Just sheer incompetence.

6) See here how everything, lead up to this day.

And it's just like every other day that's, ever been.

Sun...... goin' up and then,

the sun, it goin' down.

Shine.... through my window,

And my friends they come, around.

7) Big time kudos to Mario Williams. Sacks, tackles, and a blocked pass. I was SO proud to have him on the Bills today. And btw, I thought that he (and Kyle Williams) were held on virtually every play today, but wtf do I know?

8) Advice to posters/lukers: If you disagree with Simon, more often than not you will be wrong. He tried to tell us that Kyle Moore wasn't all that. Remember? Well, on 3rd and long, with 3 minutes left in the game, a TE wiped him out on a single block. He was a non-factor today, and we obviously needed him.

9) Barnett played his worst game as a Buffalo Bill today. Sheppard is a waste of human flesh. He is absolutely terrible, and I hope that he does not wear a Bills uniform next season. He never makes plays. Not ever. In essence, we have zero linebackers.

10) Gilmore otoh, had his best game as a Buffalo Bill today. He was decent. That's right, decent. He stripped the ball. That was very nice. Fine, thanks. But he was miles away from his receiver on 3rd and 11 in the first quarter, and let's not forget the crucial 4th quarter penalty. Maybe I expect too much from the 10th pick in the draft. It's certainly possible.

11) It was a non factor I suppose, but the kicking game affected me. When Vinatieri kicks off, I am all but sure he is going to kick it out of, or deep into the end zone. When he tries a 3, I concede that it's going to be good. When Lindell kicks off, or tries a field goal, I feel as if I need a blood pressure pill. This is another page that should be turned after the season. But once again, maybe it's me.

12) Thanks to CJ Spiller for keeping us in the game.

13) OK, our playoff hopes are officially over. Now, we will win games. You KNOW I'm right too. We will win games starting now and get a worse draft position. Hey, this team is an absolute mess, but they are ours.

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nix/Gailey put all their eggs in the Fitzbasket and they got horribly, irrevocably smashed. This was the worst personnel decision of the Nix era and will haunt us for years.

The reality is we are stuck with this horror show until new ownership is in place. You couldn't get a high school coach to come to Buffalo so get ready for more Chantardedness.

RTB

I agree that Fitz is not a good QB, but today he actually made two good throws farther than 10 yards!

1) He hit Dickerson in the belly and it was dropped. 2) He hit Stevie in stride.

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes.

A lb also dropped a pick that Fitz put in his hands. He is not going to win us games.

4) Answer to #2: The same way he missed a wide open Jones in the beginning of the second quarter. And the same way he threw another game ending pick. It's time for TJ or Thigpen. Fitz is a nice guy but he is not a capable starting quarterback in this league, nor will he ever be. It's a done deal folks.

9) Barnett played his worst game as a Buffalo Bill today. Sheppard is a waste of human flesh. He is absolutely terrible, and I hope that he does not wear a Bills uniform next season. He never makes plays. Not ever. In essence, we have zero linebackers.

10) Gilmore otoh, had his best game as a Buffalo Bill today. He was decent. That's right, decent. He stripped the ball. That was very nice. Fine, thanks. But he was miles away from his receiver on 3rd and 11 in the first quarter, and let's not forget the crucial 4th quarter penalty. Maybe I expect too much from the 10th pick in the draft. It's certainly possible.

Fitz didn' throw a game ending int. as it turned out, they lost 17 yards on the play but started over with first down. The drive ended with a punt on Indy's side of the field....oy.

Hey, Merriman "recruited" Barnett! They both should be gone next year, but unfortunately (very) Barnett is our best LB.

Gilmore may be "a great CB someday" as many here keep telling us. He seeks to make contact with the WR more than the ball. You just don't pick a CB in the 1st round, unless your team is almost complete and you just need to fill that last spot.

This game was a microcosm of the Bills last 3yrs... well decade I guess. At one point, Nix talked about showing us the baby. Well, here we are nearly 3 years later with a pretty ugly baby.

I was never in favor of Gailey being the HC and defacto OC. After some initial success, hopes were high. But, here we are with an offense that is more often than not out of rythym and allowing the defense to dictate the flow of the game. And there's no one to make the calls that need to be made, because the HC is too close to the offensive play calling to see what the problems are.

I was cautiously optimistic about Fitz as our QB, and he showed competence and at times got our hopes up. But, here we are with a guy that struggles to make basic NFL caliber throws. He's peaked and seems to have lost all the confidence he once had.

I was never a fan of Edwards as our DC, and after 2 years he was let go in favor of DW. Nix has invested far more resources into the defense than the offense. But, here we are with a defense that still can't get off the field on 3rd down. No emotion, missed tackles, blown coverages all point to continued bad coaching.

What I saw today was a team that once again lacked emotion, failed to make the impact plays, and sat back allowing the game to be dictated to them - all in a game that everyone said was a playoff type game. How can this team continue year after year to come out completely flat in its biggest games? This team is passive from the top down and it shows on the field. They have no confidence, no fire, lackluster game plans, and another year with a losing record with zero reason to think that the coaching staff and QB will ever become anything more than they currently are.

As much as I hate to say it... time to clean house and start again.

I agree that Fitz is not a good QB, but today he actually made two good throws farther than 10 yards!

1) He hit Dickerson in the belly and it was dropped. 2) He hit Stevie in stride.

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes.

Even with his two big plays he was horrible most of the day and missed a lot of open receivers.

Hard to beleive that we have no other option at QB for two years in a row.

The worst part of the Fitz mess is that there is no prospect to play.

Buddy Nix should be fired. That will take care of Chan, Wanny and Fitz.

chan's coaching is just sub-par NFL level. A backup coach for Indy outcoached him. This team is a joke. At least my Sundays are gonna be less stressful.

The only way ill watch this year again if they make a change at QB.

Just not gonna waste my time with Chan coaching this team.

I was watching a small portion of the 49ers/Saints game. I witnessed Kaepernick make some throws that Fitz is incapable of making. The thought of Nix drafting Aaron Williams, a CB, instead of Kaepernick is outrageous. Nix should be fired for malfeasance. Once again it is time for the predictable organizational cleansing. Nix might be a good scout but he doesn't know how to run a football operation. Give Whaley an opportunity to show what he is capable of. What is there to lose?

The defense is starting to come around, despite some deficiencies, but the offense is putrid. And it all starts with Fitz. I agree that in several games (breasts, 2nd Pats) the defense was a sieve, but a better QB wins those games, like the opposing QB's did, and they also didn't have much support from their defenses. The question is though, who do they get to replace him?

Bill, I am amazed you did not touch on Spiller. I would bet your'e tired of people telling you that you're just picking on him.

The guy just looked like he was running in sand today. He looked winded at times, too...and he barely did a thing. Most importantly...his attempt at blocking as as sincere team trying to block a PAT in the Pro Bowl! A lot of this falls back to coaching, but Spiller looked awful today and FJ might not have been a better option today. I would like to hope that neither one of them caught their groove today because it was a lousy game.

2) Would someone please tell me how Fitz missed a wide open Spiller on the sideline on the play in the 1st quarter when Indy was offsides? He had all the time in the world, and a pick would not have mattered. Seriously, how could a professional qb miss on that play, with nothing to lose?

That would be because he SUCKS

Great Insight on the Game as always your dead on Bill,

1) I have been praising the OL for weeks. Well, Glenn looked good today, but Hairston was awful. Really awful. Pears would have made a difference.

3) Dareus was awful in most of the first half. Then, it looked like someone lit a firecracker under his a$$. He became dominant in the second half. I don't understand this.

5) Why the f%$k did Gailey call for short, stupid passes at the end the first half? This from their own 8 yard line. I know.....because he is not a capable clock manager, or for that matter, head coach. It cost us a 3, and we were lucky they didn't get a TD. Just sheer incompetence.

6) See here how everything, lead up to this day.

And it's just like every other day that's, ever been.

Sun...... goin' up and then,

the sun, it goin' down.

Shine.... through my window,

And my friends they come, around.

7) Big time kudos to Mario Williams. Sacks, tackles, and a blocked pass. I was SO proud to have him on the Bills today. And btw, I thought that he (and Kyle Williams) were held on virtually every play today, but wtf do I know?

8) Advice to posters/lukers: If you disagree with Simon, more often than not you will be wrong. He tried to tell us that Kyle Moore wasn't all that. Remember? Well, on 3rd and long, with 3 minutes left in the game, a TE wiped him out on a single block. He was a non-factor today, and we obviously needed him.

11) It was a non factor I suppose, but the kicking game affected me. When Vinatieri kicks off, I am all but sure he is going to kick it out of, or deep into the end zone. When he tries a 3, I concede that it's going to be good. When Lindell kicks off, or tries a field goal, I feel as if I need a blood pressure pill. This is another page that should be turned after the season. But once again, maybe it's me.

12) Thanks to CJ Spiller for keeping us in the game.

13) OK, our playoff hopes are officially over. Now, we will win games. You KNOW I'm right too. We will win games starting now and get a worse draft position. Hey, this team is an absolute mess, but they are ours.

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Bill & thanks for posting. Yeh, Fitz is terrible. He's inconsistant and is virtually NO GOOD on clutch drives.

3) Thought Dareus had one of his best games of the season. And I thought that last week, as well. Not sure about his first half play, but he was really solid overall today.

10) I've been down on Gilmore all season, mostly for not being able to play solid coverage without getting penalized. But I thought he had a great game today. The last PI call technically was PI, but barely and most refs aren't going to call that at that point in the game and basically decide the game--that one side judge today, for some reason, just had it out for the Bills.

Fitz didn' throw a game ending int. as it turned out, they lost 17 yards on the play but started over with first down. The drive ended with a punt on Indy's side of the field....oy.

Hey, Merriman "recruited" Barnett! They both should be gone next year, but unfortunately (very) Barnett is our best LB.

Gilmore may be "a great CB someday" as many here keep telling us. He seeks to make contact with the WR more than the ball. You just don't pick a CB in the 1st round, unless your team is almost complete and you just need to fill that last spot.

1) That punt was the dumbest decision I can remember from a Bills HC. Dumber than benching Stevie. Dumber than benching Moulds. Just plain stupid. I'm sure there's a dumber decision that I'm missing, but it isn't coming to mind right now.

2) Nick Barnett is hardly the problem. Sure, he's not the solution, but he isn't the problem.

3) Gilmore had an incredibly great game--breakups, tackles, everything--this week and last, until the PI call. The loss is not on him. And if it weren't for him, you might have been looking at a bigger point differential. He was great today.

Edited by Offsides Number 76

Bill, I am amazed you did not touch on Spiller. I would bet your'e tired of people telling you that you're just picking on him.

The guy just looked like he was running in sand today. He looked winded at times, too...and he barely did a thing. Most importantly...his attempt at blocking as as sincere team trying to block a PAT in the Pro Bowl! A lot of this falls back to coaching, but Spiller looked awful today and FJ might not have been a better option today. I would like to hope that neither one of them caught their groove today because it was a lousy game.

You sure about this? Yes I will concede he whiffed on a block, but in total this year his blocking has improved immensely. Spiller looked awful today? Really? Tell me another RB in this league who can change direction on a dime and rip off a 41 yd run.....none but a few. Rich Gannon was spot on when he said the Bills needed to give the ball to Spiller more and let Fitz throw it less.

Not sure what game you watched today. 14 carries for 107 yds? I'll take that for "looking awful". Chan was awful for not getting CJ at least 20 carries.

You sure about this? Yes I will concede he whiffed on a block, but in total this year his blocking has improved immensely. Spiller looked awful today? Really? Tell me another RB in this league who can change direction on a dime and rip off a 41 yd run.....none but a few. Rich Gannon was spot on when he said the Bills needed to give the ball to Spiller more and let Fitz throw it less.

Not sure what game you watched today. 14 carries for 107 yds? I'll take that for "looking awful". Chan was awful for not getting CJ at least 20 carries.

He whiffed on more then one block. He did not seem to put much energy in to it, his steps were quick but other times he just sort of gave up. He was bipolar today, much not from his own fault as it is with how he was used. 107 yards is nice, but I am not sure what 6 more carries would have done. Today was not about comparing him to the rest of the league, it is about CJ Spiller himself.

He whiffed on more then one block. He did not seem to put much energy in to it, his steps were quick but other times he just sort of gave up. He was bipolar today, much not from his own fault as it is with how he was used. 107 yards is nice, but I am not sure what 6 more carries would have done. Today was not about comparing him to the rest of the league, it is about CJ Spiller himself.

6 more carries would have been a game-tying drive.

6 more carries would have been a game-tying drive.

At what point would we have been able to run against the colts today? It was amazing we had as many yards as we did. I can believe that 6 more for a healthy FJ would have made a difference, too, but the way the OL was getting beat today I do not think ti'd have mattered.

At what point would we have been able to run against the colts today? It was amazing we had as many yards as we did. I can believe that 6 more for a healthy FJ would have made a difference, too, but the way the OL was getting beat today I do not think ti'd have mattered.

Divide 107 by 14. That's 7.6. That was CJ's average. 6 more runs is 45 more yards.

But it was smarter to try crappy passes in the fourth, I guess. And a very clever punt, too.

Divide 107 by 14. That's 7.6. That was CJ's average. 6 more runs is 45 more yards.

But it was smarter to try crappy passes in the fourth, I guess. And a very clever punt, too.

In proper statistics classes which i do not remember you weigh out the numbers and you'd remove some of those numbers and what not. So in 7 more carries he'd have something like 2 for negative yards, 2 for yards to LOS, 2 for 4-5 yards and 1 for 30 yards. If that 30 yard burst came when it didn't matter, or more importantly, came when we'd just end up passing 3 and out...

I am not trying to knock Spiller, I am saying that the problem is we used him all the wrong ways today with the worst scheming possible.

wow, holy speculation Batman. Not giving your best offensive weapon a touch over the last 13:30 of the game is a piss poor coaching decision. And I honestly didn't see the "lack of energy" you were talking about.

wow, holy speculation Batman. Not giving your best offensive weapon a touch over the last 13:30 of the game is a piss poor coaching decision. And I honestly didn't see the "lack of energy" you were talking about.

It is because it came when he did not have the ball. The blocking, the pass routes, the other times.

It is because it came when he did not have the ball. The blocking, the pass routes, the other times.

pass routes ? I think he was thrown to twice, once behind the line for a craptastic screen/lateral duck thrown by Fitz. "The other times" ??? ...... I have no idea what that means.

2 major themes of coaching and QB play were in stark contrast today.

QB: lucks not elite yet but likely will be sometime. But even now he shows vision, poise, presence , ability to extend plays, that fitz will never have. With luck at qb you expect good things will happen, confident good decisions will be made. With fitz youre just hoping he doesn't mess up.

Coaching: colts staff did a great job of taking away/minimizing our strengths, limiting mistakes and using their key players wisely. Chans team looked unprepared on offense and unable to adjust. Like fitz at qb the coaching doesn't inspire condfidence, just hoping they don't mess up.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Couple things here, first this game came down to Fitz. This guy is incapable of putting a team on his shoulders & winning a game. What is worst is it seems he is incapable of making even some of the routine plays. How he missed Spiller on the offsides is mind boggling. It was not even a long throw & he over threw him by 5 yards. Honestly, a high school QB could make that throw 8 out of 10 times.

Punting on 4th & 8 @ the 50 yard line with your season on the line & your 4-6 with 3 minutes left is such a chicken sh*t move. Way to go Gailey.

With that being said, if the Bills defense could get off the field on 3rd downs the strategy would of worked. They did not get off the field on 3rd downs all day, what made Gailey think they could do it at the end of the game?

This is why I really do not care for the NFL anymore. Call me a conspiracy theorist or paranoid, the NFL is all about story lines & the refs going into every game have an agenda. I firmly believe this. They are all about story lines. Don't be fooled for one minute. They know Luck is going to be the cover boy for the NFL for the next decade & the suits in NY want the golden boy to get in the playoffs in his first year. Like Bill said, the colts were holding all game. First play of the game KW nearly got his shoulder pads ripped off with a hold. The last PI, it was questionable. If Indy is playing NE or Green Bay, or the Giants or Pittsburgh or Manning & the Broncos that interference penalty does not get called. If they are playing the Bills or Jacksonville or Oakland or Kansas City they call that every time. Sorry for the rant but that is the way I feel.

Lastly, Nix/Gailey's demise is going to be they hitched their wagon to this noodle arm loser. I am sure Fitz is a nice guy but he is just not a NFL QB. Alot of people were very high on Kapernick. Watching college football you could tell this guy had all the tools. This is not hindsight. I liked him & so did alot of other people on this board, people that actually watch college football. He was there for us in round 2. If regular posters know this shouldn't Nix. I guess that is too much to expect.

This schedule & the way the AFC was down this year was tailored made for the Bills to make the playoffs if they were even average. A guest on GR(forget his name) said it best last Tuesday. He said the Colts team is a bad team that has had the advantage of playing a soft schedule. They will beat the Bills in a close ugly game because they are even a worse team.

The defense is fixable with a new DC with new schemes & getting some LBs that can play. There is a couple good ones coming out this year. If we don't go QB in the first round, it needs to be Linebacker. Period.

As far as the QBs, I like Smith, I also kind of like Barkley but I don't know. The one kid that intrigues me is Murray. Not sure if he is coming out but he has been a 3 year starter & has thrown for 3,000 yards in the toughest conference in the country for 3 straight years. It will be interesting to see what he does this Saturday. Can not wait for that game & I hope Georgia shocks the world.

Hang in there Bills fans. It will get better someday.

You can't overlook the lack, jack, of any other highway to ride.

It's got no signs or dividing lines and very few rule to guide.

I spent a little time on the mountain, I spent a little time on the hill

I saw things getting out of hand, I guess they always will.

Now I don't know but I been told

If the horse don't pull you got to carry the load.

I don't know whose back's that strong, maybe find out before too long.

One way or another, one way or another,

One way or another, this darkness got to give

3) Thought Dareus had one of his best games of the season. And I thought that last week, as well. Not sure about his first half play, but he was really solid overall today.

10) I've been down on Gilmore all season, mostly for not being able to play solid coverage without getting penalized. But I thought he had a great game today. The last PI call technically was PI, but barely and most refs aren't going to call that at that point in the game and basically decide the game--that one side judge today, for some reason, just had it out for the Bills.

I would bet good money they don't call that penalty in the playoffs.

I was watching a small portion of the 49ers/Saints game. I witnessed Kaepernick make some throws that Fitz is incapable of making. The thought of Nix drafting Aaron Williams, a CB, instead of Kaepernick is outrageous. Nix should be fired for malfeasance. Once again it is time for the predictable organizational cleansing. Nix might be a good scout but he doesn't know how to run a football operation. Give Whaley an opportunity to show what he is capable of. What is there to lose?

I couldn't agree with u more. When the Hell is this team gonna understand that u need to take QB's early in the draft not CB's. Colin Kaepernick was the prototype QB for Buffalo and Chan's offense. What are we allergic to Big Strong armed accurate QB's that can run like a RB. This miss in the draft is the reason we as an organization can't compete in ttoday's NFL.

OUR gm has his head stuck up his azz when he says u can't have enough corners in this league and that he would take 1 or 2 early in the Draft every yr.I think its the other way around Buddy. U can never have enough QB's.

This is why I really do not care for the NFL anymore. Call me a conspiracy theorist or paranoid, the NFL is all about story lines & the refs going into every game have an agenda. I firmly believe this. They are all about story lines. Don't be fooled for one minute. They know Luck is going to be the cover boy for the NFL for the next decade & the suits in NY want the golden boy to get in the playoffs in his first year. Like Bill said, the colts were holding all game. First play of the game KW nearly got his shoulder pads ripped off with a hold. The last PI, it was questionable. If Indy is playing NE or Green Bay, or the Giants or Pittsburgh or Manning & the Broncos that interference penalty does not get called. If they are playing the Bills or Jacksonville or Oakland or Kansas City they call that every time. Sorry for the rant but that is the way I feel.

I totally agree. I've now seen 2 Suck of Luck games this year and in both, the Colts got sweetheart call after sweetheart call. The big one to me that had a huge difference in the game was the 1 right before the half.

1-10-IND 49 (:32) (Shotgun) 12-A.Luck pass incomplete deep right to 87-R.Wayne. PENALTY on BUF-26-J.Rogers, Defensive Pass Interference, 23 yards, enforced at IND 49 - No Play.

Suck for Luck throws a bad pass. The pass was uncatchable and Rogers barely touched him if at all. Stately Wayne Manners asks for and gets a flag. We had been stopping them all half. Probably too close for comfort. So, the refs give the Colts a free FG at least by giving them 1st down on the Bills 28.

That, in addition to the other game changing play that I can't believe I've read down 2 pages and have not seen mentioned is the 75 yard punt return given up by us. Our second return TD in 2 weeks and 3rd of the season. Those 7 points + the gift FG was the difference in the game. 7 points was the difference in the game. That is the main reason we lost IMHO.

There were also way too many dropped footballs. The big one by Dickinson on the first drive. What does he want for cryin' out load? I saw 2 or 3 that hit SJ in the hands that he didn't catch and least one by Donald Duck. Any one of those could have helped us sustain drives perhaps.

And of course Fitz had his problems. I really wanted Fitz to the guy, but he now can't seem to do anything in the 4th quarter anymore. You're not going to win those every week (see Drew Brees today), but you should be able to win them sometimes. He used to could do it. I'm thinking the Pitt game 3 years ago, the Jets game last year where he played well enough to win but drops were made. But there were others. The Fish game in 2009, the Raiders and Patises games last year, his first game in relief of Trent where he hit a big TD pass to Lee Evans late. He can't do that anymore for some unknown reason.

I don't understand why CJ and Fred didn't get more carries. Why not throw a bomb at the end of the first half after the Colts gift FG? SJ had a nice day, but it seems to me that he catches the ball and then when someone gets close he dives to the ground. Come on, we suck, we need every yard we can get.

Tough loss.

What I see in Chans play calling is telegraphing what we are going to do. If Fred is in the game we are going to pass (Fred is in over CJ for pass protection) with an occasional screen, draw or counter with Fred up the Middle. When Cj in we are going to see him swing fro the screed run to the middle look to bounce outside and moving up to the line with no back in the backfield and become a receiver

What drives me insane is that if they used the two together it takes none of either players strengths away, would seem that play action would be more effective and slip screens would still be there. You may see spiller available more as a receiver.

When I see plays Graham is open deep he would be doing very well with a strong armed quarterback and is it just me but stevie lays down and runs out of bounds constantly avoiding contact.

I also saw no intensity at all on the offensive side of the ball we should have pushed a small colts team around but kept playing into their strengths.

Was a big proponent of Chan as coach I am off the bandwagon he is the problem not the cure can not inspire the team, disrupts the flow with his play calls and takes the ball out of his best players hands when it is most important.

Who are "the suits in NY"? The League is run by the owners. Goodell and his staf do the owners' bidding. You really go through life thinking that the other owners want Luck and Indy to go to the playoffs this year?

2 major themes of coaching and QB play were in stark contrast today.

QB: lucks not elite yet but likely will be sometime. But even now he shows vision, poise, presence , ability to extend plays, that fitz will never have. With luck at qb you expect good things will happen, confident good decisions will be made. With fitz youre just hoping he doesn't mess up.

Coaching: colts staff did a great job of taking away/minimizing our strengths, limiting mistakes and using their key players wisely. Chans team looked unprepared on offense and unable to adjust. Like fitz at qb the coaching doesn't inspire condfidence, just hoping they don't mess up.

IMO, the Bills are the better all around team than the Colts minus 2 positions - QB and head coach. If both guys were in their proper roles, backup QB for Fitz and OC for Gailey, we'd have a playoff team. At no point did I think the Colts were a better football team. This year really sucks because this is as crappy as the AFC has been in a long time. This would have been the year to make a run.

• What I see in Chans play calling is telegraphing what we are going to do. If Fred is in the game we are going to pass (Fred is in over CJ for pass protection) with an occasional screen, draw or counter with Fred up the Middle. When Cj in we are going to see him swing fro the screed run to the middle look to bounce outside and moving up to the line with no back in the backfield and become a receiver

What drives me insane is that if they used the two together it takes none of either players strengths away, would seem that play action would be more effective and slip screens would still be there. You may see spiller available more as a receiver.

When I see plays Graham is open deep he would be doing very well with a strong armed quarterback and is it just me but stevie lays down and runs out of bounds constantly avoiding contact.

I also saw no intensity at all on the offensive side of the ball we should have pushed a small colts team around but kept playing into their strengths.

Was a big proponent of Chan as coach I am off the bandwagon he is the problem not the cure can not inspire the team, disrupts the flow with his play calls and takes the ball out of his best players hands when it is most important.

• When the Bills line up on offense I know exactly what the play its going to be 95% of the time. If I, a guy who wasn't even good enough to play high school varsity football in a town of only 2000 people can figure out what we are running, guys that do this for a living must see blood.

We are predictable and predictably bad. Meaning not only can you figure out what we are running, it's a bad play to be running at the time we run it.

Edited by MikeSpeed

Kind of like predicting that the sun's going to rise tomorrow considering that four of the last five are home games against other hapless teams that are 2-9, 4-6-1, 6-5, 5-6, and 4-7 for a combined 21-33-1, isn't it?

I mean if they can't beat the Jags, Rams, Jets and maybe even the Seabags at home, then one could argue that not only has the team not improved, but it will have shown regression too considering that of the teams on Nix and Gailey's watch this is easily the most talented of the three.

I'd still guess that they still win no more than three of them. I'm thinking that they even win only two. Not that it matters. If they don't beat Jax by at least two TDs next week though, we won't even know what to say.