Stephon Gilmore

BillsFan130

Overall, I've been happy with Gilmore. Playing the CB position is totally different from college to the NFL so some mistakes are to be expected. I like that he is often around the ball and he definitely tackles well for a CB. He is very physical (which I like to see) but he does need to learn how to use his physicality without drawing penalties and I expect that will come with more time and experience in the league. So far, so good.

I think he is too physical with WRs and will draw a lot of penalties. He is often lost at times and looks into the backfield too much, but as a rookie that is expected I guess.

Overall I think we would have been better drafting someone else, or trading down.

I keep being very encouraged by his play week after week and thought he had a very good game today. He's improving on run coverage too. Since he typically covers the no. 1s he has had more than his fair share of plays and exposure- nothing like trial by fire- and because of it he is developing quickly.

look for him to be a superstar in a year or two.

I know I've said it before, but he reminds me of a young Ty Law. He's made great strides since the first game of the season, specifically in terms of how well he does forcing recievers to the boundary on deep balls and cutting off short routes underneath, forcing receivers where he wants them to go. His development has been fun go watch, and he's been one of our few bright spots this year.

It is his first year. On TBD my guess is, everyone will dislike him at the end of the year. Wish he did more, maybe some will call him a bust, then talk about trading him. Then two years from now he will be amazing and then everyone will stop talking about him. Kinda sounds like spiller situation all over again.

i thought the call at the end of the game against Gilmore to ice it was ticky tack. They already gave Reggie a PI call earlier on an overthrow. I don't think the ref throws a flag if that's Donald Jones instead of highly regarded Reggie wayne. In the NBC highlight show tonight you could tell Dungy thought it was a "tough" call against Gilmore. Of course it's Buffalo, so no one cares. If that was against New England, Peter King would be doing a 5 minute segment on it.

I think he's a hell of a player, and i'm even more impressed that he's had to do it with no help from the other side. Unlike claiborne who has brandon carr. I like Gilmore a lot though, once he gets a coordinator that will let him maybe blitz and do more every once in a while then his physical prowess will really show!

Actually,, the cornerback play today didn't lose the game. Both Gilmore and McKelvin had decent days. Bryan Scott showed his age, however. And Geroge Wilson was a no show, as well. gilmore is doing fine as a rookie, and will make plays when he gets totally oriented. I recall that a number of our 1st round db's weren't good at interceptions early. Starting with thomas Smith (remember him?) winfield was better at it later years in Minn. Clements was an inceptor/ball hawk when here, but only in games he decided to play hard in. (half the time) McKelvin may well be the next 5 year Bill #1 to go on to do well with another team, after making all the mistakes with us learning how to play. He sure looks a lot better than Williams did when he was in there. Williams is no cornerback. Maybe he can replace Wilson at safety, though, since he is a hitter. Oh well, enough CB history

What do you guys think of gilmore so far this year? personally i like the kid and think hes playing well this year but he needs to cause a few more turnovers. (interceptions)

He's a rookie who is learning fast (to me at least). Keep up the good work kid.

Let's hope it continues and he doesn't fall into the sophomore slump like Byrd did. Speaking of ... ALMOST a second diving INT. Missed by that much.

Actually,, the cornerback play today didn't lose the game. Both Gilmore and McKelvin had decent days. Bryan Scott showed his age, however. And Geroge Wilson was a no show, as well. gilmore is doing fine as a rookie, and will make plays when he gets totally oriented. I recall that a number of our 1st round db's weren't good at interceptions early. Starting with thomas Smith (remember him?) winfield was better at it later years in Minn. Clements was an inceptor/ball hawk when here, but only in games he decided to play hard in. (half the time) McKelvin may well be the next 5 year Bill #1 to go on to do well with another team, after making all the mistakes with us learning how to play. He sure looks a lot better than Williams did when he was in there. Williams is no cornerback. Maybe he can replace Wilson at safety, though, since he is a hitter. Oh well, enough CB history

That kick return for a TD was THE killer.

Not throwing the red flag on the Indy Fumble at the 2 was the one of the next 2 mistakes and the other was the INT that was stripped for a net - 20 yards (was it?)

I just don't see what others do in Gilmore. He looks like a solid corner but thats it, nothing more

Dont forget he's a rookie drawing the oppostions #1 WR every week.that's a huge challenge. Take Wayne, he's having a monster year and he's going to be in the HoF some day. Gilmore did not look over matched against him.

Rookie, thrown into the fire. He is doing all one could expect of him, especially with the garbage being thrown out there at LB.

i agree 100% with this. In fact, this entire statement should be highlighted, put in bold context, and circled.

He's played 11 NFL games, against some of the best receivers in the world. Yesterday he was put on a 1st ballot hall of fame receiver who is still playing elite football and yet they kept trying to move Reggie around to get better matchups (like Rogers etc)

His tacking is very solid, saved a TD on the 1 yard line, had some nice run support for losses too. He plays aggressive and I love it. Yes he's going to get some flags here and there, but I'd rather have that type of play than letting WR's dictate how we cover them, which by the way isn't very well without Gilmore in there.

Speaking of flags, do not pin the game on Gilmore for that last play when he got flagged for having his left hand on Reggie Wayne's hip. It was an iffy call that didn't go our way, but does anybody really think we were going to drive the whole field with a minute left?

Considering Brooks IR injury, McGee and Williams injuries, Leodis' inconsistency, I am amazed to hear some people say they wish we drafted someone else.

He's played 11 NFL games, against some of the best receivers in the world. Yesterday he was put on a 1st ballot hall of fame receiver who is still playing elite football and yet they kept trying to move Reggie around to get better matchups (like Rogers etc)

His tacking is very solid, saved a TD on the 1 yard line, had some nice run support for losses too. He plays aggressive and I love it. Yes he's going to get some flags here and there, but I'd rather have that type of play than letting WR's dictate how we cover them, which by the way isn't very well without Gilmore in there.

Speaking of flags, do not pin the game on Gilmore for that last play when he got flagged for having his left hand on Reggie Wayne's hip. It was an iffy call that didn't go our way, but does anybody really think we were going to drive the whole field with a minute left?

Considering Brooks IR injury, McGee and Williams injuries, Leodis' inconsistency, I am amazed to hear some people say they wish we drafted someone else.

He looks like he's going to be a stud. People forget that it is a pass first league now and corners are more valuable than ever. It is also the most physically difficult one to play as well. He was by far and away one of the biggest bright spots yesterday. He needs to get a few INTs but the guy competes and that's a huge part of the battle. Admittedly, I wanted another position in the draft but this guy is going to be a player in the league.

Has shown enoughto believe that he will be a pretty decent player in the future.

But he needs to stop mugging wide receivers or he will be a magnet for pass interference.

Justin Rogers on the other hand can't cover anyone.

Why in the world he's covering Wayne is beyond me. Gilmore should've followed him everywhere.