Vick is done

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question is....what would Vick look like behind THIS O line with THIS running game

Because frankly I dont know if I like ANY of the QBs in this next draft

I'll pretend you didn't just insult Geno Smith. He's the real deal, John. One of the smartest college QBs to come out in a while. In terms of knowing what defenses are trying to do, he's up there with Luck and Griffin. I only hope he'll be there when it's our turn but I doubt it.

GO BILLS!!!

The question is....what would Vick look like behind THIS O line with THIS running game

Because frankly I dont know if I like ANY of the QBs in this next draft

I think Vick would stink behind our o-line. Say what you will about Fitz, but he makes our average o-line look awesome with his quick release and savvy pocket presence (not being sarcastic).

I think Vick would stink behind our o-line. Say what you will about Fitz, but he makes our average o-line look awesome with his quick release and savvy pocket presence (not being sarcastic).

Just as a point of clarification, there's a huge difference between getting rid of the ball quickly and having a quick release. Fitz has one of the longest windups you'll ever see in a QB. It's terrible.

GO BILLS!!!

I bet we can get Vick on the cheap. Get him AND draft a QB. I don't think you do either or. Look at Aaron Rogers. QB's need a year or two to learn and get acclimated. We need to get out of the habit of drafting the 5th or 6th QB on the board and throwing them right out there and then wondering why they don't turn out to be any good after 2-3 yrs of bad football. Unless we get a sure pick like Andrew Luck was then I would favor getting a good veteran to come in, and Vick is going to be the best one available

at least he didnt say 'its hard to win in this league'---i respect him for being honest

Why do people keep throwing this quote out there like it's some horrible thing? Tom Brady has said the EXACT same thing this year. I'm pretty sure all players and coaches would agree.

http://proplayerinsiders.com/brady-says-its-hard-to-win-in-the-nfl/

Why do people keep throwing this quote out there like it's some horrible thing? Tom Brady has said the EXACT same thing this year. I'm pretty sure all players and coaches would agree.

http://proplayerinsi...win-in-the-nfl/

I like the way he commends one guy for being honest, while continuing to trash someone for doing the same, unless of course he believes that its easy to win?

Eagles offensive line is garbage and can't protect for even 2 seconds. Add in their awful play calling and no wonder they are struggling as bad as they are

Team has been in disarray for a few years now

Edited by Max997

Bills should get Vick. He should come cheap, (could we trade Fitz and thigypen plus a 4th?), he's the kind of QB Gailey loves, he could actually throw down the field, and is better than what is available in next years draft. This will allow us time to draft Te'o (filling our major LB need) and if Vick actually plays well, allows us to draft a QB in the first round of 14 as his eventual replacement. Reid has turned into a terrible coach IMO.

Foles next, or do we see the triumphant return of Trent "Poise" Edwards to the field?

Trent would be devastated behind that O-line.

That's the Truth, Andy Reid gets a pass by the national media, first its was McNabb, Now Vick who gets the blame but never Reid Reid destroys theses guys confidences by put them bad situation to start they are put behind an offensive line that couldn't stop a pee wee defensive line they have one good receiver & a good back they don;t use a defense that always makes him play from behind ....... wait I am talking about the Bills or Eagles? No wait we have Shitspatrick, Vick is an MVP in comparison & we would have a 100% chance more of winning

What pass did he get for McNabb? They were a really good to great team with McNabb. They had quite a run during Mcnabb's time there. 3-4 straight NFC championships and then a SB appearance. Sure, they didn't win a SB, but he hardly needs a pass on McNabb. McNabb was one of the reasons that Eagles were that good for the run that they had. On Vick I underdstand, but to say he gets a pass on McNabb is ridiculous.IMO.

I couldn't disagree more. Our offensive line, when healthy, is ELITE. And we should be back to 100% by this week or next at the latest.

Considering McNabb was never a good QB

Yeah, 5 championship game appearances with superstar receivers like James Thrash and Todd Pinkston is something to squeeze at. And was there ever a bigger myth than the Dog Killer? He plays well to begin his tenure, defenses adjust, and then he's garbage again.

Considering McNabb was never a good QB

Now this is just straight up ignorant BS.

McNabb during his prime with the Eagles was 10x the QB Vick was in his prime. I bet Eagle fans will mythologize McNabb now that they'll go through their string of crappy QBs. You don't know what you've got til it's gone.

I love all this "CG system" stuff (we've seen it for Vick, RG3, Newton--hmmmm). Anyway, Vick has always taken a ton of sacks--he took 45 or more twice in ATL. His sacks mainly come after he leaves the pocket and he can't find his receivers. He has thrown for over 20 TDs once in his entire career. He has completed over 60% of his passes once in his entire career. Only twice has he thrown for over 3000 yards. This is the guy you want?? He has a big arm--so what? He has know idea how to use it.

You can't make the argument that he is playing better than Fitz right now.

oh......and plan too. I'm not big on stats weo. I'm big on wins. You can spin it however you want, but I believe he would give us a better chance at winning than fitz does. Vicks oline is ****ty!! What's fitz's excuse??

Reid's wco offense is bs. That's exactly why the eagles can't win the big dance. A part of coaching is catering to a players strength which andy never did.

If you look at fitz and cg system it worked perfect for fitz because he can't throw past 20yrds. Its a lot of 3 to 5 step drops and getting the ball out quick.

I also like the dual threat of having a qb that can use his legs when needed. And the weapons weo, look at the weapons he would have.

Leave the stats alone and look at the will to win!!

It is for me, Vick is awful, always has been except one fluke year. You think Gailey can coach him up better than Andy Reid?

yup!!

Yeah, 5 championship game appearances with superstar receivers like James Thrash and Todd Pinkston is something to squeeze at. And was there ever a bigger myth than the Dog Killer? He plays well to begin his tenure, defenses adjust, and then he's garbage again.

just can't leave the past where it is, huh??? No one mentioned a single word about the dogs till you. LET IT !@#$ING GO MAN!! DAM!! Edited by qdawg in philly

http://proplayerinsiders.com/brady-says-its-hard-to-win-in-the-nfl/

It's one thing to say it when you win all the time and another to say it (frequently) when you lose all the time.

• 4 weeks later...

It seems to me, with a ton of threads on our horrible qb play, there is always a push to bring in Mike Vick for a year or two. I don't get it. Why in the world would anyone want Vick on this team? Or am I just missing something here?

It seems to me, with a ton of threads on our horrible qb play, there is always a push to bring in Mike Vick for a year or two. I don't get it. Why in the world would anyone want Vick on this team? Or am I just missing something here?

It's a cult following. Seems to have died down a bit. I posted on this a short while ago.

http://forums.twobil...k-fans-on-here/

When he was a FA ANYONE who did not want him was a racist.

A) there's very little vick love

B) it's assumed fitz is gone (bonus in march may assure that)

C) VERY limited FA options

D) likely not drafting high enough to get a day one starter

Who takes the reigns for a season between, if all that's true?

It's natural for his name to come up. Just like any vet FA qb, he has lots of warts, and some talent. I won't advocate for him, but I get why his name sneaks in sometimes.

My bad. Missed your thread. Mods, you can close this and I won't get angry. lol

Meh, it was a short thread over 2 months ago. Vick was a starter, and we still had hope then. Much has come about since.

I think it's a matter of several factors:

A) Need to draft/develop a franchise QB

B) A non-Fitz veteran to bridge the gap (2 seasons max) so we actually develop the draft pick/no trial by fire rookie season

C) Reasonable cost: very late/no draft picks, reasonable $

I say non-Fitz because, and I think its clear that many feel this way, he cannot make all the throws. Under Fitz, we cant even tell if Gailey's system is progressing even the slightest.

Given that criteria, and hoping for some upside burst from a new environment, he comes up on the radar (Alex Smith does as well). I think that's all it is really.

Or just read NoSaint's post as I just said the same thing. Sorry!

Woof.

I think it's a matter of several factors:

A) Need to draft/develop a franchise QB

B) A non-Fitz veteran to bridge the gap (2 seasons max) so we actually develop the draft pick/no trial by fire rookie season

C) Reasonable cost: very late/no draft picks, reasonable $

I say non-Fitz because, and I think its clear that many feel this way, he cannot make all the throws. Under Fitz, we cant even tell if Gailey's system is progressing even the slightest.

Given that criteria, and hoping for some upside burst from a new environment, he comes up on the radar (Alex Smith does as well). I think that's all it is really.

Or just read NoSaint's post as I just said the same thing. Sorry!

Woof.

Great minds or something.

Vick threads are getting pretty formulaic.

Ralph's a racist is pretty much a standard Vick post.

Like I said, not going to advocate signing Vick but if you choose to really hang your argument on the worst this board has to offer, you don't come out looking much wiser than those you are pointing the finger at. Very few, if any, serious posters ever went that direction with their arguments.

Frankly, if we got him 3 years ago, we'd be no worse off right now. When the debate is a 7th round backup from Harvard vs a 30+ year old felon.... There were very few ways any of us ended up happy in the long run.

Like I said, not going to advocate signing Vick but if you choose to really hang your argument on the worst this board has to offer, you don't come out looking much wiser than those you are pointing the finger at. Very few, if any, serious posters ever went that direction with their arguments.

Frankly, if we got him 3 years ago, we'd be no worse off right now. When the debate is a 7th round backup from Harvard vs a 30+ year old felon.... There were very few ways any of us ended up happy in the long run.

I read what I read. RW was called a racist on here many times when Vick was available. Thats a fact.

I read what I read. RW was called a racist on here many times when Vick was available. Thats a fact.

And the person that started that talk got booted from TBD. Besides that, if Ralph really was racist, would he shell out $100 Million dollars to Mario Williams...HELL NO!!

This team might be vying for a playoff berth if Vick was the QB. He has a rocket arm, and give him even average protection, he can ignite an offense. He's not the most accurate QB, but I'd take his 59% w/ his running ability over Fitz' 62% any day of the week. That's what, I think, people are seeing.