Supermen! Both Fred and CJ return to practice this week!

DrDawkinstein

!@#$ yes!

Between this news and the refs returning, this has been an excellent day for NFL news! Hopefully they're all (FredEx, CJ, the refs) in uniform this weekend!

Id almost rather have the replacement refs that screw up calls indiscriminately, than the regular refs who are in Kraft's pocket and Brady's jock.

Id almost rather have the replacement refs that screw up calls indiscriminately, than the regular refs who are in Kraft's pocket and Brady's jock.

Plus the replacements have shown a tendancy to be intimidated by the home crowd, which would be beneficial this week.

I think they are gonna hold off on playing CJ, no need to rush the guy back so soon one game isn't going to kill him. Freddie I think if he is ready I think they will play him but only use him as a supplement to Choice.

CJ is a smaller back and that injury knocked him right out of the game, even if it was just a sprain you shouldn't risk further injury for one game esp if Freddie can give you a good amount of snaps. Give Freddie a 50/50 work load with Choice, have White be the just in case and have CJ sit this one out.

It also helps Freddie to not have CJ poach some snaps, Not playing for 3 weeks Freddie could use a solid work load. Then come week 5 we have both our backs back at a 100%.

I think they are gonna hold off on playing CJ, no need to rush the guy back so soon one game isn't going to kill him. Freddie I think if he is ready I think they will play him but only use him as a supplement to Choice.

CJ is a smaller back and that injury knocked him right out of the game, even if it was just a sprain you shouldn't risk further injury for one game esp if Freddie can give you a good amount of snaps. Give Freddie a 50/50 work load with Choice, have White be the just in case and have CJ sit this one out.

It also helps Freddie to not have CJ poach some snaps, Not playing for 3 weeks Freddie could use a solid work load. Then come week 5 we have both our backs back at a 100%.

CJ being a smaller back had nothing to do with it? You see his neck muscles? They probably saved him from a worse injury.

He was running at almost full speed with a ball and tackled from behind and landed at a weird angle with a 200 pound human being landing on it.

People really need to get off the size thing. He can take 30 touches a game with no issue. He isn't any bigger than Thurman thomas or Johnson from Tennesee.

I don't know about you but i have seen him run between the tackles and break Tackles downfield. Just because he dodges someone doesn't mean he is weak by any stretch. He's just faster.

I dont expect CJ to play........

and I honestly hope that we are rushing Fred Jackson back if he is not ready......I want him....heck I want both of them...to be available...but we need them for the SEASON....not one game.

If Freddie truly is ready then fine....of course play him.

And by the way....Freddie Jackson and Adrian Peterson......top rushers in the NFL last year before injuries....just sayin

This seems true. The replacement ref's incompetence is unbiased while the regular officiating crews baby 'star' players like Brady and give teams like the Pats the breaks. The fact that one of the league darlings, the Packers, rather than some also-ran got screwed by the officials on Monday night magnified the gaffe.

Choice got 90 some yards last week. Our O line is really getting better each week.

I dont mind who runs. But lets not rush Fred or Spiller back. The Giants got that Ring partially or alot because they were healthiest at the end of last season.

Hate to be a doggie downer but I would pound Choice and dress Fred. Did i say that right? I dont want to wear my man Fred or CJ down yet, or risk anything.

We really have one hell of a running game right now. One of the best in years! With our line and Fred/Spiller combo it's gotta be intimidating. Dont forget the blocking we have been getting from Jones Smith and company

Choice got 90 some yards last week. Our O line is really getting better each week.

I dont mind who runs. But lets not rush Fred or Spiller back. The Giants got that Ring partially or alot because they were healthiest at the end of last season.

Hate to be a doggie downer but I would pound Choice and dress Fred. Did i say that right? I dont want to wear my man Fred or CJ down yet, or risk anything.

We really have one hell of a running game right now. One of the best in years! With our line and Fred/Spiller combo it's gotta be intimidating. Dont forget the blocking we have been getting from Jones Smith and company

I agree 100%. Freddy didn't sound too confident after practicing with the brace and with the way Spiller started I'd rather he come back 100% than do further damage. Sure Choice doesn't have the home run threat but he got some nice chunks of yardage and this O-Line will make anyone a superstar. We should be able to win this game without either of them.

Edited by thepizzaking

I agree 100%. Freddy didn't sound too confident after practicing with the brace and with the way Spiller started I'd rather he come back 100% than do further damage. Sure Choice doesn't have the home run threat but he got some nice chunks of yardage and this O-Line will make anyone a superstar. We should be able to win this game without either of them.

I second this emotion. The running game is good because of the line. Unless close to 100%, I'm down with dressing Fred and sitting CJ.

Best post I've seen in a while jboy!!!!

I freaking love it.

I love it. Just go kick their backsides!!

I some times get in to it when I talk to Boston fans. I'll curse everythign from Giselle, Boston Clam Chowder, Boston Baked Beans, Lighthouses, anything New England.

CJ being a smaller back had nothing to do with it? You see his neck muscles? They probably saved him from a worse injury.

He was running at almost full speed with a ball and tackled from behind and landed at a weird angle with a 200 pound human being landing on it.

People really need to get off the size thing. He can take 30 touches a game with no issue. He isn't any bigger than Thurman thomas or Johnson from Tennesee.

Disagree.

Thurman had a much thicker build. Chris Johnson is showing signs that the prime of his career was very short.

Don't care that Spiller's neck is ripped… his body is slender for an NFL running back and this is the NFL, not the ACC.

Thirty touches a game?

Never.

when I saw this video a few days ago, I thought the same thing, his neck is ripped

It's the same thing when people saw Maybin's photo… "look at his biceps!" "look at his pecs!"

To which the answer always is, "look at his frame."

Let us not forget though, Chan needs to call the plays. If he truly is confident in Choice we should be able to run against them Patriots without our Daring Duo.

My worry is Chan over compensates with more passing atts. I like the play calling lately. Lets stay physical. and Run the damn ball :D

SJB i thought i read some quote from CJ that he trained off season for upper body strength and he said he felt he was much stronger for it. i could be off but he seems the part

SJB i thought i read some quote from CJ that he trained off season for upper body strength and he said he felt he was much stronger for it. i could be off but he seems the part

I don't doubt that CJ is a very dedicated professional but all things being equal a player's durability and the power that he plays with is more a function of his bone structure… the density, the mass, the thickness of the bones.

All of these guys are workout warriors and many of them are at close to peak muscle development. Physically speaking they are mostly differentiated by their bone structure. It even determines what positions they play.

Kyle Williams and CJ Spiller are within one inch of height from each other. CJ will never be as strong as Kyle Williams… even if Kyle didn't work out.

Kyle's hip bone probably weighs twice as much as CJ's.

No running back in the league carries 30 carries a game. Not even 25 anymore. Most average 21 or less these days to keep em healthy. About 300 carries a year is what we need spiller but we should do less to split time with freddy. 15 and 15 is perfect for each of em.

Our biggest enemy is going to be the refs. Watch their tackles, Solder blows and he needed to hold KELSAY every stinking play last year. It was blatent. Not called once.

They can't block our ends without severely holding them but it wont be called with the 'real' refs. Bring back the scabs!

Our biggest enemy is going to be the refs. Watch their tackles, Solder blows and he needed to hold KELSAY every stinking play last year. It was blatent. Not called once.

They can't block our ends without severely holding them but it wont be called with the 'real' refs. Bring back the scabs!

The replacements rarely called holding on the OLs either. I saw a lot of swallowed jerseys on both lines Sunday night. Don't expect that to change that much, although I think overall Bills DEs are stronger than Ravens'

The bigger calls from replacement came in the secondary.